Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 01:07:23 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 01:06:22 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 12:59:44 PM
When half of the PM is sponsorship money that'll definitely help... a bit more money coming in... more money I can invest in Academy :D
I'll have my $120k in the bank, allowing me to spend loads onto my Acadamies. like $20k on each.

Yeah you got more advice than I did early and I warned you to not make mistakes I did... I spent $200,000 on players worth a total of $100,000...

Therefore you have a headstart on me early PB :( I could be a lot better early if I wasn't so stupid early lol
I'm not sure about advice. I just didn't want to spend money without knowing what i was doing.

Fletch74

When half of the PM is sponsorship money that'll definitely help... a bit more money coming in... more money I can invest in Academy :D
I'll have my $120k in the bank, allowing me to spend loads onto my Acadamies. like $20k on each.
A word of advice re academies guys. Concentrate on the SA first, investing at the Improving++ level for 5 weeks. That will lift your academy a level, but make sure its at the minimum "improving++", that is where it tips from improving+ to improving++ if that makes sense.

If you can get it up to Excellent next season you'll be doing well.

BratPack

I'll have about 210 but I have two big home games this week.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 01:15:52 PM
A word of advice re academies guys. Concentrate on the SA first, investing at the Improving++ level for 5 weeks. That will lift your academy a level, but make sure its at the minimum "improving++", that is where it tips from improving+ to improving++ if that makes sense.

If you can get it up to Excellent next season you'll be doing well.
I'll spend a combined 40k on the academies. SA on improving++, and the rest onto the YA.

PowerBug

It's going to be $24k on SA and $16k on YA.

Nails

No point wasting $ on YA if you haven't got any good YP to train...

man wish I didn't waste sooo much $ early... would be in a heaps better position...

I think What I really need now is just 2-3 more players and I'll have to accept that as my team... (could have been better)

I want: a spec/spec batter around 26yo... a spec/spec seamer and possibly a spec/spec rws...

Or outstanding/outstanding would do... basically I just need a gun batsman that can be consistent for me, a gun seamer so I have at least one good bowler on seam friendly pitches and one gun wrist spinner, then Ud-Din and my gun Wrist spinner when bowling in tandem will pick up ~5wickets + on their first spell together... (will play all my matches on crumbling pitches if I get two gun spinners)

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 01:28:43 PM
Why don't you do all of it on the SA, and only up to the minimum Improving++ ? There is no need to do more than that, it only marginally increases the sub level of your SA, thus it becomes a waste of money in the L/T.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 27, 2011, 01:33:25 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 01:28:43 PM
Why don't you do all of it on the SA, and only up to the minimum Improving++ ? There is no need to do more than that, it only marginally increases the sub level of your SA, thus it becomes a waste of money in the L/T.
Yeah, the SA is on the minimum for ++. Plus most of my recruiting is in Youth's. Hoping to build them into awesome players by the time they are 20. I have no 19yo in my squad.

Fletch74

Yes, but you'll find that you make most of your money in Seniors. Prizemoney is far greater in Seniors than Youths. At first you should concentrate on building the SA before you concentrate on the YA.

cookie311993

yeah do what fletch is saying. Senior academy is cheaper. More money in seniors because you have senior one-day. senior twenty 20 and Pavilion Cup. You will make plenty of money there when just starting out. Seniors bring higher gate takings as well. Youth academy is only good if your seniors is good enough to begin with

DazBurg

i got 171,000
and after todays update 2 weeks away from popping SA to lavish :)

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on June 27, 2011, 01:32:04 PM
I want: a spec/spec batter around 26yo... a spec/spec seamer and possibly a spec/spec rws...
I can pretty much guarantee you won't get them with the PM you'll get.
Hate to say it but a 26 y.o Spec/spec wristy at EOS could and probably would go for 200k+.
YOu won't be able to handle those wages either.

CrowsFan

Nails you don't need those sorts of players for the leagues you will be in. You would be better to get cheaper players who are good enough for you to win your matches, but not so good that you can't afford their wages in the lower leagues ;)

PowerBug

Alright. I'm going SA $30k and YA $10k.

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 27, 2011, 02:39:07 PM
Alright. I'm going SA $30k and YA $10k.
Why do you have to spend $40k? Just spend the minimum of Improving++ on the SA, and that's it!! Waste your money otherwise.