Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=516792

Was he a steal at 7,000? I think he was... or did I overlook something?

Boomz

He was a fairly good buy ;) I know what skills he ahd but others wont so u might want to reveal them :P

Nails

Yep planned to, was just waiting for this gun to be transferred into my squad :P

Batsman/keeper suitable training?

Fletch74

Can anyone give me a valuation on this guy Barry McMillan?

I've been watching him since he was released on the TM. I know his skills are a bit down, but I'm selling Boag ATM, and I need a new Captain. His Experience/Captaincy is too good to ignore.

Cheers ;)

Fletch74

Now I have decided to do what Shaggy did for Phillips about a season ago, and put some of my oldies up at exorbitant prices to see if I can get a bite. I've already got one for Walker who sells tonight at $75k, but I think these are maybe a touch too high.

I will be selling them at EOS, but have decided to do it now to see if I can buy some cheaper players before EOS.

Are the prices too high?

Zahid Farhan - $200k
Keith Martin - $150k
David Boag - $150k

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 24, 2011, 09:34:12 AM

I've been watching him since he was released on the TM. I know his skills are a bit down, but I'm selling Boag ATM, and I need a new Captain. His Experience/Captaincy is too good to ignore.

Cheers ;)

This is a tough one Fletch. Great captaincy and OK experience but his skills aren't great for a 21yr old. If I was chasing him I would probably go to about $40k, but I'm not the greatest judge when it comes to player valuations. I reckon he could sell for anywhere between $25k and $75k   :-\

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 24, 2011, 09:41:38 AM
Now I have decided to do what Shaggy did for Phillips about a season ago, and put some of my oldies up at exorbitant prices to see if I can get a bite. I've already got one for Walker who sells tonight at $75k, but I think these are maybe a touch too high.

I will be selling them at EOS, but have decided to do it now to see if I can buy some cheaper players before EOS.

Are the prices too high?

Zahid Farhan - $200k
Keith Martin - $150k
David Boag - $150k

I think all 3 are overpriced by about $50k. But it's worth a try to see if you get a bite.

Fletch74

Thanks Baz, yes there is a bit to work on with McMillan - will see what he goes to.

I know the others are overpriced, but even if I get one bite, that's better than none. They will most likely go for almost that much at EOS, so I'll see if I can get them now.

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on June 24, 2011, 10:44:26 AM
Quote from: Fletch74 on June 24, 2011, 09:34:12 AM

Cheers ;)

This is a tough one Fletch. Great captaincy and OK experience but his skills aren't great for a 21yr old. If I was chasing him I would probably go to about $40k, but I'm not the greatest judge when it comes to player valuations. I reckon he could sell for anywhere between $25k and $75k   :-
+1

PowerBug

I put my opening three batsman on aggressive.

End of over 1 (12 runs) - PowerBugCC(12-0) RR 12.00
K. Moore 10 (5b) , S. Norquay 1 (1b) , S. Zschorn 1-0-12-0

Not bad.

Fletch74

Very dangerous move to do, unless you're on a Flat pitch on a Sunny day against a bot.

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 24, 2011, 12:05:02 PM
Very dangerous move to do, unless you're on a Flat pitch on a Sunny day against a bot.

LOL   :o

I'm planning to score a million tonight   :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 24, 2011, 12:05:02 PM
Oops. I forgot it's a cloudy day on  crumbling pitch. Recovered to -

End of over 33 (4 runs) - PowerBugCC(174-4) RR 5.27
H. Ireland 23 (34b) , A. Wallace 72 (85b) , G. Miles 7-0-36-3

Recruit Livingston went for 44.

Nails

I thought Yogish would have been a half decent keeper.... dropped Horton for him...

18 byes off 34 overs  ::)

PowerBug

End of over 36 (7 runs) - PowerBugCC(192-4) RR 5.33
H. Ireland 30 (46b) , A. Wallace 82 (92b) , W. Moffat 8-0-48-0

Steadying now. 300+ is my target.