Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Ah okay, I thought everyone was generally cheaper....

Looks like I might have a side of 20 yos?  ??? ???

Would I be best filling out a team with like 11 20 year olds + Ud-Din (will be 27)

and then boost my senior academy like crazy? My team won't be great next year, but 2-3 seasons time BOOM.

cookie311993

it depends on where you are nails. if you move to a weak league and can win games with a bunch of 20 year olds then stick to it and invest into your senior academy. That will keep your wages low and you will still kick arse and your team will get stronger

cookie311993

3 wins in a row for me on dream team. bout time

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on June 20, 2011, 01:21:59 PM
3 wins in a row for me on dream team. bout time

Think I've won 33 of my last 35 matches... should have been 34/35 if it weren't for Mundy.

But this is the FTP thread! Hmmm, I can't wait until EOS  >:(

cookie311993

haha but i dont follow afl much. and had worst possible start now going good

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2011, 01:07:38 PM
Ah okay, I thought everyone was generally cheaper....

Looks like I might have a side of 20 yos?  ??? ???

Would I be best filling out a team with like 11 20 year olds + Ud-Din (will be 27)

and then boost my senior academy like crazy? My team won't be great next year, but 2-3 seasons time BOOM.

Only 20yr olds are cheaper. Older guys prices are mega inflated.

The reason we asked you to wait till EOS and get 20yr olds is because it gives you flexibility. If you buy the right players you should still be very competitive in the lower leagues, and your wages should be low. But you dont necessarily have to invest into your academies. Lower wages also gives you the opportunity to save $$$, allowing you to target older guns later on if you dont invest into academies.

There isn't a definite set way to play FTP, but you need to give yourself options. Blowing all your money at the start on old guys with high wages will kill you.

PowerBug

How long is the off-season? What happens? Do the players all age?

Reason i ask is because one team's events said it finished in position # of # in season 12. That was posted on March 19.

Bazinga

There is no off-season, when the new season starts there is one week without games except the Pavilion Cup which is on the first Sunday. This gives time for everyone to buy/sell players and get their squads right. Each season goes for 15 weeks - first week with no matches then 14 weeks with matches. When the new season starts each player gets one year older.

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on June 20, 2011, 02:20:46 PM
There is no off-season, when the new season starts there is one week without games except the Pavilion Cup which is on the first Sunday. This gives time for everyone to buy/sell players and get their squads right. Each season goes for 15 weeks - first week with no matches then 14 weeks with matches. When the new season starts each player gets one year older.
Thanks. Had no idea.

Nails

And their wages adjust yes? Like if they're better skilled they cost more per week as I understand it PB. Looking forward to our friendly PB ;) You might be my biggest rival in the seasons to come. Look forward to smashing you :D

Bazinga

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2011, 02:23:21 PM

And their wages adjust yes? Like if they're better skilled they cost more per week as I understand it PB. Looking forward to our friendly PB ;) You might be my biggest rival in the seasons to come. Look forward to smashing you :D

Yes Nails, all players wages will change. This is also the time when you receive your prizemoney. From memory the new season starts on a Monday,but I could be wrong.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2011, 02:23:21 PM

Yep, sure.

PowerBug

So all the bargains arrive in two weeks?

Bazinga

Only 19yr olds who turn 20 will be bargains at EOS. Older guys will be massively inflated.

Boomz

The old guys go for ridiculous prices :-X that's why I sell mine then ;D