Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 19, 2011, 01:40:48 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 19, 2011, 01:26:02 PM
Should I keep my AR or move him on? Any interest?
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=188411

Im thinking of getting someone a bit younger.
WAYNE PARR!!!!!!!!!! Should get a bit since he's an all rounder. Experience is a downer though but should get over 50k easily, but not sure from there...

Quote from: BratPack on June 19, 2011, 01:30:20 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=180680

FINALLY!  ;D ;D ;D
Guess we are all going for the higher waged players nowadays :P . Under 200k seems a decent buy considering he's a FM as well.

I was actually referring to the name change :P

Justin Bieber

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 19, 2011, 01:40:48 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 19, 2011, 01:26:02 PM
Should I keep my AR or move him on? Any interest?
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=188411

Im thinking of getting someone a bit younger.
WAYNE PARR!!!!!!!!!! Should get a bit since he's an all rounder. Experience is a downer though but should get over 50k easily, but not sure from there...

Quote from: BratPack on June 19, 2011, 01:30:20 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=180680

FINALLY!  ;D ;D ;D
Guess we are all going for the higher waged players nowadays :P. Under 200k seems a decent buy considering he's a FM as well.
Yes the great JWP has been with me since the start, but he just never pops.
I swear Ive been training him in batting for a season and he is still no where near a pop.  >:(

Nails

11.4   1   Stokes to Caban : [dropped] Oh dear. Caban has sent the ball high into the air. Bertwistle positions himself under it and... oh no, he's dropped it! Let me tell you, if looks could kill, Stokes would be on trial right now...

:D

Hmm, I dunno HP I always think something much different and I think Horton should be my keeper... I don't know your orders seem a bit weird to me, but maybe cause I crazy... I'm not sure...

I'll try them out but probably swap Caban into opening on defensive, simply because he kills it there for some reason... Although he does go a bit slow...

What about opening with Rene Simon on aggressive as with Murugappa coming in defensively 1st drop shouldn't see a crazy drop....

Oh and no-one that's cap/cap goes for 1k at this time of year, they're all like 20K! trust me, I've tried!

Justin Bieber

Being 26, he's past his prime for training primaries so will take a long time for it to pop :(. Most of my players over 25 are either on Strength or Fitness training as they will still train faster than anything else.

Haha Nails :(. Go for Caban opening if he's done well there. Move Perrins down and bring in Horton as he's probably your best Keeper but batting is a little let down. Go for toying around with your orders until you find some that work. Just a suggestion but the orders come down to you 8).

Nails

Who's past 26? Caban? Horton? ???

It's all going to change in like 2 weeks or whenever EOS is obviously so I don't think it matters too much as these orders are only for a couple weeks :P

And what about Simon on aggressive at top of order?

That is 50 runs for Simon (52 runs, 46b 3x4 1x6) SR:113.04

:)

Justin Bieber

I was talking about JWP for Maca :P.

EOS is between the end of this season and start of next, usually after prizemoney.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 19, 2011, 01:51:30 PM
Being 26, he's past his prime for training primaries so will take a long time for it to pop :(. Most of my players over 25 are either on Strength or Fitness training as they will still train faster than anything else.
Haha Nails :(. Go for Caban opening if he's done well there. Move Perrins down and bring in Horton as he's probably your best Keeper but batting is a little let down. Go for toying around with your orders until you find some that work. Just a suggestion but the orders come down to you 8).
My own fault for training secondaries to early on (Facepalm).
Always thought id get him to Reli/Outs/Outs so im fairly shattered. His secondaries are pretty solid though.

Nails

I ninja edited in and realise you might not have seen it, so what do you think about Simon Aggressive at top of order?

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on June 19, 2011, 01:55:38 PM
Always thought id get him to Reli/Outs/Outs so im fairly shattered. His secondaries are pretty solid though.

I'll sell you my spec/spec rfs for 200K if you like :)

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on June 19, 2011, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 19, 2011, 01:55:38 PM

I'll sell you my spec/spec rfs for 200K if you like :)
No thanks  :P If I do replace JWP then it will be a Wrist Spinner.

Nails

23.6   W   Young to Simon : [catch] There's a noise as that goes through to Brennan and Young turns and appeals. Glove? Bat? Simon's arthritic wrists playing up? Doesn't matter, umpire says it's out.
R. Simon c D. Brennan b. W. Young 79 (68b 6x4 1x6) SR:116.18

He got out with only 1 run needed for the win :( and Caban got out when I wasn't watching the commentary for 32...

The Nailers(141-2) RR 5.64

The Nailers win by 8 wickets.

The Nailers   Red Pig
Batting - Top Order:   6,529   5,088
Batting - Middle Order:   3,517   2,987
Batting - Tail:   2,325   2,897
Bowling - Seam:   4,383 (8)   3,151 (4)
Bowling - Spin:   12,844 (2)   3,540 (6)
Fielding/Keeping:   5,223   3,877
Overall:   93,204   69,541

Man of the match:   Asif Ud-Din (3 points), Rene Simon (2), Dane Sidebottom (1)

Master Q

Nice Win Nails.

Real Problem with ARs are that most of the time they only get decent when they are about 24 and older...

CrowsFan

Hey HP since everyone is talking about orders at the moment just wondering how your batting line up is going? Did you do my suggested lineup for a few innings? If so did it work out? :)

Justin Bieber

I can't remember but I did try it out for a week or two. Remember it brought me mixed results (inconsistent) :-\.

Going with new orders suggested by the more experienced managers in the Wizards (GC). Suggested I go:
1. Selth (D)
2. Carney
3. Jeffers
4. Allen
5. Habib
6. McFarlane (A)

I've adjusted it so Allen is down at 6 and Habib is on Aggressive and moved up 1 spot with McFarlane. Still inconsistent but has brought in a few more wins :-\. Carney may be on his way out before start of next season so that I may grow Currie/Abol into Machines :P.