Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 15, 2011, 10:34:26 AM
I actually wouldn't go past $40k. He is normally only an expert summary player, but because he has accomplished form, he is outstanding summary ATM. He needs a bit of work in fielding.
This is Winkels?

Bazinga

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2011, 10:31:38 AM
What do you think about this guy -
http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=199073
I have a 20yr old with the same skills and better experience. He isn't real good mate. I wouldn't buy him. He's not even worth $20k.

PowerBug

I've got some stuff to do now. I'll be back in an hour when my Youth match starts.

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=739025

This guy has reliable captaincy and is captain of my youths. Is there any point training him up? His primaries are all poor... Will this guy ever be anything other than a decent captain?

End of over 2 (maiden) - thomo's XI(8-0) RR 4.00
F. Hosie 5 (10b) , F. Armstrong 3 (2b) , F. Draper 1-1-0-0

Great over Draper!

End of over 5 (8 runs) - thomo's XI(28-1) RR 5.60
A. Burn 8 (5b) , F. Hosie 13 (16b) , B. Mirani 3-0-23-1

Mirani is meant to be my best bowler but he keeps getting spanked :(

BratPack

Wow. The guy I'm battling with for 2nd in T20 lost to the 5th place side last night. Game clear in 2nd now. Yes  ;D

Of course I play that same 5th place side next week  :-\

Nails

Wow all my youth batsmen are really pathetic... should I train them in batting or just not bother?

23.4   4   Mirani to Burn : [misfield] Overpitched and slipping down leg. Burn whips the delivery off his pads past a sprawling Bryant at midwicket.
23.3   1   Mirani to Sherriff : Good solid stroke from Sherriff, is fielded well by Bryant, who keeps it down to 1.
23.2   4   Mirani to Sherriff : [misfield] Kermode puts a foot out but can't manage to stop the ball. Perhaps he should try using his hands next time?

>:( >:( >:(

. Mirani 8-0-61-1 - poor effort

bounces back with:

24.2   1 W   Draper to Sherriff : [runout] Ooh, a close call for the run out and some great work from Mirani. The ball was down leg and turned round to fine leg where Mirani flung it back in and Goldsmith whipped the bails off. Despite a huge dive, Sherriff was out by millimetres, but it took several camera replays to confirm this.
S. Sherriff run out (B. Mirani) 21 (25b 1x4 0x6) SR:84.00

Draper  7-1-23-0 - was looking solid but went for 13 runs off the first 4 balls of his last over  ::)

However he did pick up a wicket :)

30.5   W   Draper to Burn : [catch] Fuller length delivery outside the off stump. Burn drives away from his body with no real foot-work. It looked like the bat hit the ground - hard to say if there was an edge involved.
A. Burn c J. Goldsmith b. F. Draper 96 (85b 11x4 1x6) SR:112.94

33.1   2   Kermode to Fett : [dropped] Oh dear. Fett has sent the ball high into the air. Bryant positions himself under it and... oh no, he's dropped it! Let me tell you, if looks could kill, Kermode would be on trial right now... >:( >:(

35.4   .   Kermode to Fett : [dropped] Horsey has confused fielding with sports fishing, choosing to catch and release on this occasion.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

104 runs off the last 10 overs and only 1 wicket... including Fett being dropped twice who went on to be 46*

5/284... all my batsmen are like Poor.. so I'm no chance.

End of over 1 (1 run) - The Nailers(1-1)  :'(

BratPack

So Brat Pack Inc. LLC inducted it's first member into the Hall of Fame today. The man who's been with us virtually from the start, the man who has proven to be a steal and the man who got us almost single handedly through those dark early days.

The First ever Hall of Fame Inductee based on love alone: Pieter Joubert

Nails

Nice one BP :) 

thomo's XI won by 215 runs :'(

PowerBug

MY BLOG

15 Jun 2011 - Youth Game

Played the legends today. Lost the toss on a sticky wicket, batted first. I made a competitive 198/7 off 40 overs. D.Fox and G.Cooke playing major parts scoring 43 and 40* respectively.

The second half of the game saw a dominate display from J.Cleary ( 3/34 off 8 ) , C.Dent ( 3/51 off 8 ) , and captain H.Dudgeon ( 1/6 off 5 ) , bowling out the legends for 155 in the 34th over.

Man of the match went to C.Maher off the legends, with G.Cooke and H.Dudgeon picking up 2 and 1 votes.

YAY!!! A win in my second game. Now the senior side need to win for me.
Full scorecard - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1307051

Nails

You got way better youths than me it would seem PB :( which Youth league you in?

chrisuzz

Match Ratings
  chrisuzz   Desi Tornado Xpress
Batting - Top Order: 7,420   5,372
Batting - Middle Order: 4,913   4,574
Batting - Tail: 3,585   4,203
Bowling - Seam: 7,403 (6)   3,314 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 7,098 (4)   4,823 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,988   5,270
Overall: 117,458   86,278

Won last night by 116 runs :)

Played 4 youths, 1 of which captained. And 4 second stringers so only 3 of my normal starting 11 played

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 15, 2011, 04:58:04 PM
You got way better youths than me it would seem PB :( which Youth league you in?
Oh, Div 7.10, and top of it.

But a win's a win, i'll take it. Superb bowling all round. 1/6 off 5 overs from the captain, impressive.

PowerBug

Nails, maybe in the off-season we could play a friendly, after our sides are improved.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2011, 05:52:46 PM
Nails, maybe in the off-season we could play a friendly, after our sides are improved.

I went to challenge you today only to find your slots are full :(

I wanted to give you a run :)

Nails

If someone will buy one of my players for $800,000 I'd appreciate it.

Then I can buy this guy http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=65742 and whoever else I find with the left over $ :)