Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 14, 2011, 08:26:36 PM
It's hard to mould them into Superstars as many of the start up players are quite bad. You must buy to make your team better, but don't be money happy, throwing it everywhere :P. I'd go after some Cap/Cap 5k (max) just to keep you going for the time being before building further next season after prize money 8).
What do you mean by cap/cap? Which skills need to be there?

Bazinga

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2011, 09:25:26 AM

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 14, 2011, 08:26:36 PM
It's hard to mould them into Superstars as many of the start up players are quite bad. You must buy to make your team better, but don't be money happy, throwing it everywhere :P. I'd go after some Cap/Cap 5k (max) just to keep you going for the time being before building further next season after prize money 8).
What do you mean by cap/cap? Which skills need to be there?
We abbreviate all the skill levels. ord - ordinary ... ave - average ... cap - capable and so on.

Cap/cap refers to primaries (which is usually either batting/bowling and then technique). So when someone refers to cap/cap it means that this player has capable batting/ bowling coupled with capable technique.

HP is right .. target some cap/cap players for about $5k if you want to get better results in the short term. Be sure to look at their secondary skills (fielding, endurance and power) and look at their experience and overall summary. Don't forget that EOS is only two and a half weeks away. You should wait til then.

PowerBug

I was thinking, as i think you said yesterday, everyone will be looking for their stars in the off-season, so i thought go out and get one now.
I'm pushing to get one guy, 27 years old - ou batting , acc endurance , exp technique. He can't bowl but he won't need to.

Also, do you win prizemoney for winning the youth league?

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2011, 10:05:18 AM
I was thinking, as i think you said yesterday, everyone will be looking for their stars in the off-season, so i thought go out and get one now.
I'm pushing to get one guy, 27 years old - ou batting , acc endurance , exp technique. He can't bowl but he won't need to.

Also, do you win prizemoney for winning the youth league?
There is prizemoney for whatever position you finish. The prizemoney details are in the rules. If you are going to buy a player now, just make sure you don't get into a bidding war and spend too much for him.

Post that player on here, and we'll give you a valuation as to what you should not go over.

PowerBug

Christiaan Winkels
Netherlands
Endurance: Accomplished
Batting: Outstanding
Bowling: Dreadful
Technique: Expert
Power: Reliable
Keeping: Atrocious
Fielding: Average
Rating: 42,811
Gifted (Fielding)

Bazinga

Everyone gets prizemoney. There is a rundown of PM in the rules.

Everyone will be looking for their stars in the off season - yes ... BUT - when 19yr olds turn 20 they go from youths to seniors. Many managers on FTP will sell these players at EOS because they won't be good enough to make their senior squad. Thats why I keep saying wait til EOS cos there will be literally hundreds of 20yr old bargains on the market.

Feel free to buy some players now if you think they will benefit you long term. Just be sure to keep some $$$ for EOS.

Remember this though - there is no point buying too many players with huge wages when you start out. You only need players good enough to win the leagues that you are in. Big waged players will choke your finances and you will find it very hard to make money.

Bazinga

PB - it's best if you post a link for us. We need to see his experience and his summaries.

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on June 15, 2011, 10:18:04 AM
Everyone gets prizemoney. There is a rundown of PM in the rules.

Everyone will be looking for their stars in the off season - yes ... BUT - when 19yr olds turn 20 they go from youths to seniors. Many managers on FTP will sell these players at EOS because they won't be good enough to make their senior squad. Thats why I keep saying wait til EOS cos there will be literally hundreds of 20yr old bargains on the market.

Feel free to buy some players now if you think they will benefit you long term. Just be sure to keep some $$$ for EOS.

Remember this though - there is no point buying too many players with huge wages when you start out. You only need players good enough to win the leagues that you are in. Big waged players will choke your finances and you will find it very hard to make money.
Thanks. It's a very difficult game to get used to.

Bazinga

Yes it is difficult to get used to, thats the beauty of the game. But when you do get a grasp on things it is an awesome game to play. Don't worry, we all took our time to understand the game.

The player you are looking at isn't too bad. His experience is acceptable but his outstanding summary is inflated by his accomplished form. I wouldn't go past $50k for him.

PowerBug

Quote from: Bazinga on June 15, 2011, 10:26:39 AM
Yes it is difficult to get used to, thats the beauty of the game. But when you do get a grasp on things it is an awesome game to play. Don't worry, we all took our time to understand the game.

The player you are looking at isn't too bad. His experience is acceptable but his outstanding summary is inflated by his accomplished form. I wouldn't go past $50k for him.
I think that management games are better than games where you play. This one's even better coz it runs with real time.

PowerBug

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2011, 10:31:38 AM
What do you think about this guy -
http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=199073

I'd go 69K for him but I'm a n00b... I'd want him because he'd be a top quality Bowler AND Batsmen for my/your side... I'm a n00b though so ignore my thoughts.

Fletch74

I actually wouldn't go past $40k. He is normally only an expert summary player, but because he has accomplished form, he is outstanding summary ATM. He needs a bit of work in fielding.

PowerBug

I'm hoping to get the other bloke first. so if he happens to stay under 20k, then i'll take him