Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Ages.

3 = 29yr olds and 1= 30yr old. Atleast 3 of those 4 will be sold at EOS and replaced with middle aged players.

cookie311993

is someone able to work out my spare ratings so i can see if i have done mine right? i will post my results shortly to compare

Nails

Alright avoid spending my $ unless I can get players what I think is pretty damn cheap. Thanks guys :)

About to play Warriors CC in a T20 match... I saw the pitch was uneven so we chose to bowl, probably wrong decision but hope it pays off... match starts in 5 minutes... good luck Nailers.

Fletch74

That's the right decision Nails. You should always try and play FM and Fasty's on Uneven pitches.

Have you read the rules yet? They give you a very handy insight into how the pitches work, the weather etc.

PowerBug

About to start my first match. Batting first against Hornsby Mavericks. Going to get belted. My aim is to biuld up all my players into guns. Am i going about this the right way?

Nails

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 14, 2011, 11:25:39 AM
That's the right decision Nails. You should always try and play FM and Fasty's on Uneven pitches.

Have you read the rules yet? They give you a very handy insight into how the pitches work, the weather etc.

Read most of them then I had to do something got a bit over half way, (like 3 days ago) should probably go back to reading the rest :)

Murugappa has called tails correctly and has decided to bowl. Warriors will start their innings shortly.

The weather for the match is expected to be Sunny and the groundsmen have prepared a Uneven pitch. Conditions look good for the seam bowlers.

Nails

The only problem is Fletch... I only have one decent seam bowler...

Is it like if the pitch is uneven it's best to bat 2nd? Oh don't worry I'll read the rules instead.

Nails

End of over 1 (1 run) - Warriors(1-0) RR 1.00  - Good start. Keeping 'em quiet!

Fletch74

Quote from: PowerBug on June 14, 2011, 11:28:10 AM
About to start my first match. Batting first against Hornsby Mavericks. Going to get belted. My aim is to biuld up all my players into guns. Am i going about this the right way?
You'll probably need to buy some better players PB. I don't have time ATM to have a look at your squad, but you will probably have some real bad players with you that are not worth the long haul.

cookie311993

Senior Squad-
K.Ngilu- 3,999
S.Cook- 4,040
V.Gupta- 2,332
N.Overbuurman- 2,723
C.Gayle- 3,079
D.Burton- 3,193
J.Krezja- 1,844
D.Lostwalleti- 4,962
E.Johnston- 2,532
M.Leung- 3,325

So when i look at that Cook(Out/Expert 21yo) and Lostwalleti(Out/Out 22yo) are both pretty close to popping

Nails

2.1   4   Maddox to West : A loose ball from Maddox and West has given it a mighty mash through cover. That's four runs.

>:(

but then :)

2.3   W   Maddox to Nobes : [Slower Ball] Nobes didn't seem to pick up the slower ball and played right over the top of it.
L. Nobes b. B. Maddox 4 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR:33.33

PowerBug

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 14, 2011, 11:35:57 AM
You'll probably need to buy some better players PB. I don't have time ATM to have a look at your squad, but you will probably have some real bad players with you that are not worth the long haul.
Wouldn't it be fine to build my players up?
   End of over 4 (11 runs) - PowerBugCC(21-2) RR 5.25
K. Moore 12 (9b) , R. Mailey 0 (0b) , G. McDonald 2-0-11-1

Bazinga

Exactly right Fletch. You have inherited some pretty ordinary players there PB.

Like we said to Nails, wait til EOS and build your senior squad up with cheap 20 - 21yr olds. You will find plenty of these at EOS. Look for players with at least reliable batting/bowling and reliable technique, and at least ordinary endurance and fielding. Experience should also be ordinary or better.

You will get about $200k in prizemoney at EOS, so if you save up some $$$ you should be able to build up a decent team.

Put your academy investment to $0, and fire your best youths (leaving only 12 players in your squad to save wages). Then after EOS when you are happy with your squad you can start investing into your senior academy.

NOTE: this isn't the ONLY way to play the game, but in most people's opinion it is the quickest and easiest way to get yourself set up and competitive (although Shaggy might disagree   :P).

If anyone else has some helpful points to add please feel free.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 14, 2011, 11:43:18 AM
Wouldn't it be fine to build my players up?
   End of over 4 (11 runs) - PowerBugCC(21-2) RR 5.25
K. Moore 12 (9b) , R. Mailey 0 (0b) , G. McDonald 2-0-11-1

I'm new like you PB... but some of them are so horrible they aren't worth building up and because they take a wage from your team every week they aren't worth the $ they cost you.

PowerBug