Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2011, 09:58:57 PM
Hey guys just wondering is there a way to get your bowlers to use their trigger talents for often? I ask this cos I have a youth bowler who has the bounce talent, but just went through all my youth matches this season and he hasn't bowled a bouncer in his last 11 matches. That is 88 overs without the talent being triggered! >:(
Is there some way to increase this?
No way to increase it as it's all random :(. It's a downer for Bowling talents while Batting talents like Accumulator and Boundary Hitter can be helped along with Defensive orders (More dot balls = more likely to trigger).

Quote from: Fletch74 on May 27, 2011, 09:52:24 AM
HP ended up being too good for me last night...

I got HP to 4/218 on an Uneven pitch. Currie killed me with 83 :'(

Then he bowled me all out for 213 in the last over. It was close, especially when I was 5/186, but then I collapsed...

Man of the match: Daniel Currie (3 points), Peter Casperson (2), Oliver Murray (1)

Well done HP ;)
Thanks Fletch but you had me on the run! Was very close indeed and was lucky for the win considering my Youth orders have been all over the place this season.

On a side note, Got a mail for the Aussie U19 assistant Crowsfan and said Casper in being looking at for WC :D. A Tech pop will make him a better chance but that's a stretch considering he just popped start of this month :(.

Fletch74

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 27, 2011, 01:08:59 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2011, 09:58:57 PM
Hey guys just wondering is there a way to get your bowlers to use their trigger talents for often? I ask this cos I have a youth bowler who has the bounce talent, but just went through all my youth matches this season and he hasn't bowled a bouncer in his last 11 matches. That is 88 overs without the talent being triggered! >:(
Is there some way to increase this?
No way to increase it as it's all random :(. It's a downer for Bowling talents while Batting talents like Accumulator and Boundary Hitter can be helped along with Defensive orders (More dot balls = more likely to trigger).
Interesting, I always wondered why i see my Accumulator all the time, but hardly ever see my Swing or Yorker talent bowler's talents come up...

On a side note, Got a mail for the Aussie U19 assistant Crowsfan and said Casper in being looking at for WC :D. A Tech pop will make him a better chance but that's a stretch considering he just popped start of this month :(.
Awesome HP, well done. A few more weeks on Tech training and surely he would pop... That would be 6 or 7 from the start of the month?

Justin Bieber

Awesome HP, well done. A few more weeks on Tech training and surely he would pop... That would be 6 or 7 from the start of the month?
[/quote]
Popped May 2nd (looking at Pops and Plops thread :P) so another 6-7 weeks and I'd be happy! A tech pop would put him the in running for Game Time in the WC considering his secondaries are there 8).

I have 2 accumulators in my Youths which one is an Opener on Defensive with a Boundary Hitter :P. The Bowling talents are handy, they just don't pop up often enough. That's why I prefer having NBBs or OBBs as they have an added effect at the start/end of an innings which works more often than trigger.

BratPack

It might be he doesn't have the experience CF. My guy Sangster uses his swing talent about 3 times a match but he has Acc Experience

Fletch74

Quote from: BratPack on May 27, 2011, 02:02:55 PM
It might be he doesn't have the experience CF. My guy Sangster uses his swing talent about 3 times a match but he has Acc Experience
That might be the case. My Yorker talent bowler who just popped to Accom experience uses his talent more often than my Swing Bowler who only has reasonable experience.

CrowsFan

Hmm ok if it is the experience issue then that means trigger talents a pretty useless for youth bowlers. The annoying thing is at the start of the season he was using it quite a bit and getting some wickets and now he has just decided he is sick of aiming at the guys throat :(

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 27, 2011, 03:02:52 PM
Hmm ok if it is the experience issue then that means trigger talents a pretty useless for youth bowlers. The annoying thing is at the start of the season he was using it quite a bit and getting some wickets and now he has just decided he is sick of aiming at the guys throat :(
I have a Youth bowler who has Ord experience and he has Slower Ball talent, but I don't really see it that much...

So maybe you're right HP, it better to get NBB or OBB if looking looking at Bowlers.

BratPack

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=70334

I need an opener to replace Bartrim and this guy might be the short term solution...but how high should I check?

Fletch74

Quote from: BratPack on May 27, 2011, 03:16:32 PM

I need an opener to replace Bartrim and this guy might be the short term solution...but how high should I check?
Well considering when he's in good form he'd be a Spec summary batsmen, I'd go to 150k, but he is very old. You'll be selling him soon...

BratPack

Quote from: Fletch74 on May 27, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Well considering when he's in good form he'd be a Spec summary batsmen, I'd go to 150k, but he is very old. You'll be selling him soon...

Like I said. Short term solution...like maybe 1 year. He's in the Dareeju-Nugawela mould. I'll see what he's at tonight.

Alex7089

Quote from: BratPack on May 27, 2011, 03:22:12 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on May 27, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Like I said. Short term solution...like maybe 1 year. He's in the Dareeju-Nugawela mould. I'll see what he's at tonight.
150k seems fair, you could keep him for at least 2 seasons if age doesn't worry you as well, he would still be performing.

chrisuzz

Match Ratings
  Hillly's Heroics   chrisuzz
Batting - Top Order: 3,500   5,566
Batting - Middle Order: 2,741   3,298
Batting - Tail: 2,236   2,489
Bowling - Seam: 3,039 (6)   4,641 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 3,545 (4)   3,045 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,560   4,460
Overall: 64,560   77,913

Pretty happy with my ratings playing my U18 side last night! Top order ins impressive :) Will be easily cracking 80k before EOS

chrisuzz

CrowsFan

Quote from: chrisuzz on May 27, 2011, 06:26:43 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=388213
Also how much do you think i could et for him?
Don't think you would get much at all. Absolutely no secondaries to speak of.
Btw your youth team is looking very good for an u18 team ;)

chrisuzz

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 27, 2011, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: chrisuzz on May 27, 2011, 06:26:43 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=388213
Also how much do you think i could et for him?
Don't think you would get much at all. Absolutely no secondaries to speak of.
Btw your youth team is looking very good for an u18 team ;)
Haha yeh very true 20k ?
Yeh well ive already got 4 guys in there who are cap/cap or better ;)
Just need to wrok on getting the 16/17 year olds to say reas/reas