Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

I still haven't got my prize, and my membership expires in 19 days.. :-\

BratPack

Thinking of using the credits to rename a player. But who is the question. I wouldn't rename Freedom or Ethan Cain as they're cult heroes, Do I go for the best guy I have, who may only be here for 2-3 seasons (Wright)? Or do I go my youngest guy in the squad and the guy who'll be here the most time (Joubert or Waygood). Have to think about that..

Bazinga

Quote from: BratPack on April 20, 2011, 10:20:02 AM
Thinking of using the credits to rename a player. But who is the question. I wouldn't rename Freedom or Ethan Cain as they're cult heroes, Do I go for the best guy I have, who may only be here for 2-3 seasons (Wright)? Or do I go my youngest guy in the squad and the guy who'll be here the most time (Joubert or Waygood). Have to think about that..
Your credits will never expire. Maybe just wait til you can find a gun 20 or 21yr old and rename this player. Then you will have him in your squad for many seasons and also be able to train him up yourself  8)

Cicjose

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1305390&showall=true

aside from the 9th over im doing okay

9.6   W   Skuse to Karanja : [catch] A hint of swing, a hint of an edge, a hint to the umpire and a hint of an index finger.
D. Karanja c H. Briody b. M. Skuse 9 (18b 0x4 0x6) SR:50.00

roo boys!

That guy was in my leagues last season! Smash him Cic ;)

Cicjose

well skuse just bowled a maiden so his figures atm are 2-1-3-1

Master Q

Fiebig has called heads correctly and has decided to bat. The Militia will start their innings shortly.

The weather for the match is expected to be Overcast and the groundsmen have prepared a Hard pitch. Conditions look good for the batsmen.

A crowd of 2,320 has arrived at Thunder Dogs Dome today for the Youth match between SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs and The Militia.

Up against bottom of the ladder today, should be a quick encounter at the Thunder Dogs Dome.

End of over 13 (6 runs) - The Militia(40-2) RR 3.08
R. Pittman 6 (6b) , R. Amalfi 9 (17b) , A. O'Neill 3-1-7-1

Off to a good start, wickets from O'Neil and Sheikh.

Cicjose

Campbell to Addison : [dropped] Easy chance, but Alley spilt it. Addison is riding his luck, much like Scotland did in the season seven U19 World Cup.

ARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would have made things interesting

25.5   W   Campbell to Addison : [catch] Campbell gets the edge. Addison slams his bat into his pads and stomps off to the dressing room.
G. Addison c H. Briody b. L. Campbell 27 (44b 3x4 0x6) SR:61.36

Didnt cost me any runs tho

CrowsFan

Just picked up a new 16 y.o for 31k to replace some of the older guys next year. Going to train him on fielding at first, then move on to bowling to suit his talent :)
Auhert Beattie

Cicjose

14.2   W   Nielsen to Campbell : [catch] Nicked and gone! A simple catch for Addison, Campbell does not look too happy about that shot.
L. Campbell c G. Addison b. P. Nielsen 50 (44b 5x4 1x6) SR:113.64

He has turned the game back in his favor

End of over 15 (maiden) - Cicjose(97-2). 117 runs required from 25 overs. RR 6.47 RRR 4.68

17.3   W   Hookey to Heaney : A perfectly executed leave by Heaney. Unfortunately for him, that ball was not missing the stumps and it costs him his wicket...
C. Heaney b. B. Hookey 1 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR:11.11

You deserve that for batting so poorly >:(

Hookey to Alley : Ah yes, Hookey sends that down the corridor of uncertainty, the avenue of apprehension, the hallway of hesitation. Easier just to say "dot ball", isn't it?

like the commentary  :P

22.1   W   Castles to Alley : [catch] Alley has gone for a massive swipe, but has only managed to toe the ball in the air straight to Anderson at mid-on.
A. Alley c A. Anderson b. C. Castles 14 (21b 2x4 0x6) SR:66.67

22.3   W   Castles to Crane : The fielders crowd in as Castles comes in to bowl, it appears to have an effect on Crane as he brushes the ball onto his pad and loops it to Karanja at bat pad.
B. Crane c D. Karanja b. C. Castles 45 (44b 5x4 1x6) SR:102.27

i lost 4 / 45 and need something special to win

Master Q

Extremely happy with my result in todays youth match. One by 7 wickets, Mordt getting 2 Catches and a Stumping, as well as 74 off 60, earning him best on ground.'

This guy picked up 4 wickets, and with plenty of my youth team moving up this guy looks like the future of my bowling attack. Pulled him last year:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=631910

He might have a NAT future don't you think? U19?

CrowsFan

Looks pretty good Q. Just need to close that tech gap and work on the fielding ;)

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 20, 2011, 03:28:58 PM
Looks pretty good Q. Just need to close that tech gap and work on the fielding ;)
Uha. 1 Pop in Tech and 1 Pop in Fielding could put him there. If not 1 more pop in Tech or even Batting should.

Alex7089

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=701331
Do we think this guy would attract bids? Exp probably not right...

roo boys!

I'd buy him off you for 5k?