Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

QuoteJackman has called heads and lost the toss. McPhee ponders for a moment before deciding to bowl first. Feeling Sheepish will start their innings shortly.

The weather for the match is expected to be Humid and the groundsmen have prepared a Sticky pitch. Conditions look good for the spinners, ideal for the seam bowlers.

A crowd of 1,148 has arrived at Appetite for Destruction today for the One Day Friendly match between Gunz n Rozez and Feeling Sheepish.

BOOMZ and I playing in a friendly. Batting first :-\ Sticky/humid. AW FLOWER. Humid conditions and of course I'm playing 3 spinners because I didn't set orders -_-
Daylight savings -_-

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 07, 2011, 10:51:27 AM
QuoteJackman has called heads and lost the toss. McPhee ponders for a moment before deciding to bowl first. Feeling Sheepish will start their innings shortly.

The weather for the match is expected to be Humid and the groundsmen have prepared a Sticky pitch. Conditions look good for the spinners, ideal for the seam bowlers.

A crowd of 1,148 has arrived at Appetite for Destruction today for the One Day Friendly match between Gunz n Rozez and Feeling Sheepish.

BOOMZ and I playing in a friendly. Batting first :-\ Sticky/humid. AW FLOWER. Humid conditions and of course I'm playing 3 spinners because I didn't set orders -_-
Daylight savings -_-
[/quote

Learn to set them ahead of time Alex. -_-

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on April 07, 2011, 10:55:15 AM
Quote from: Alex7089 on April 07, 2011, 10:51:27 AM

Daylight savings -_-

Learn to set them ahead of time Alex. -_-
I normally would but lately I have been busy, and I haven't been able to. -_-
Besides I did that for my T20 but the weather wasn't as forecasted and he changed the pitch so...yeah

8-6 Suited

You need to get updated with what it will be via the Weather Forecast option. :P

My games are done 3 days ahead of time. I set a temporary one for a week ahead but it is only so the players I want to play.... actually play. :P

CrowsFan

The Matchbox Matadors won by 59 runs

Woo. Bowled them out for 173 in 35.3 overs. Nevill the pick of the bowlers getting 4 for 26 from 5.3 overs. Wood, Maloney and Mathers all got 2 wickets each, leaving Mathea with none.

Man of the Match
3. Kaden Temiz - 95 runs from 99 balls, plus a catch
2. His guy
1. Wally Nevill - 4 for 26 and not out on 1 run ;)

Match Ratings
Staten Island Stapletons    The Matchbox Matadors
Batting - Top Order:    3,827    4,662
Batting - Middle Order:    3,713    3,521
Batting - Tail:    3,045    2,462
Bowling - Seam:    4,042 (8)    4,272 (6)
Bowling - Spin:    4,816 (2)    4,644 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:    3,617    4,600
Overall:    71,126    76,023

Thought it would be higher than that. I guess that's what happens when you play people who aren't rested...

On a side note Jimmy Wilkinson has had a name change. I decided that he wont be good enough to join my senior squad as he didn't progress as fast as I thought he would for a prodigy and so didn't deserve my name. From now on he will be known as Steve Salamader

Fletch74

Nice win CF ;)

Result: xbox 360 won by 3 wickets

Always knew I was going to lose last night, especially with half my youths dropping their form to average, and no one increasing to capable >:(

On a Flat wicket I posted 9/218 - never enough, but with 5 overs left the RRR by them was still between 5 and 6 with 6 wickets down.

xbox 360 Fletch's No Balls
Batting - Top Order: 4,774 3,891
Batting - Middle Order: 4,309 4,096
Batting - Tail: 2,598 2,788
Bowling - Seam: 4,627 (6) 4,506 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 5,116 (4) 5,183 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,055 4,532
Overall: 86,402 77,113

I need another batsmen. My team is very young. Only 3 19yo's of which 2 are bowlers. Best for me was Ahmed who got 77 (85).

The annoying thing for me is that my ratings actually dropped this week sepite all players being rested, and no change of players  >:( >:( >:( >:( That's how much the form update hurt me!!

Cicjose

All out for 169 :)

0.2   W   Anderton to Egan : [catch] Short down the leg side, it was close to the body. Egan looks to pull, gets a glove to it, and it goes straight into the gloves of Briody, who takes it gleefully.
P. Egan c H. Briody b. B. Anderton 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Great start

Fletch74

Aren't you in the Youth league CJ? How come you are playing? Who are you playing?

Alex7089

I just bought an ave/ave 17 y.o fast bowler. He is not great...TBO. Has not secondaries but he will be chucked on fielding for ages (atroc at the moment) and hopefully he turns into a serviceable youth.

Cicjose

Alex7089

End of over 50 (10 runs) - Feeling Sheepish(196-9) RR 3.92
P. Jackson 26 (26b) , S. Junior 14 (18b) , K. Rudraraju 10-1-50-2

Decent I suppose.

Fletch74

Quote from: Cicjose on April 07, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
I'm playing Hilly
Interesting, depending on where you're located the games start there...  I see Hawka is playing Zz too. We all thought that all games started 09:00 FTP time due to CF setting it up in Scotland.

I wonder if Zz and Hilly set their orders knowing that? I wouldn't have...

Cicjose

Back to back maidens keeping the game tighter than it should

End of over 11 (maiden) - Hillly's Heroics(41-2). 129 runs required from 29 overs. RR 3.73 RRR 4.45
End of over 12 (maiden) - Hillly's Heroics(41-2). 129 runs required from 28 overs. RR 3.42 RRR 4.61

CrowsFan

That is interesting fletch. Lucky I'm playing BP so my game is at 9 otherwise I wouldn't have set tactics

Cicjose

End of over 23 (10 runs) - Hillly's Heroics(94-5). 76 runs required from 17 overs. RR 4.09 RRR 4.47
K. Penter 9 (10b) , B. Moore 5 (6b) , C. Heaney 4-0-16-1
22.6   4   Heaney to Penter : [misfield] Crashed away to the boundary where La'Porte bends down to field the ball and lets it run straight through his fingers. My son has better hand to eye co-ordination, and he's 5!
22.5   1   Heaney to Moore : Faster skidding delivery from Heaney landing a bit too short. Moore uses his feet well and places the ball behind point for a single
22.4   .   Heaney to Moore : An angry delivery from Heaney, which spits up off the pitch, striking Moore's grill.
22.3   4   Heaney to Moore : [misfield] Overpitched and slipping down leg. Moore whips the delivery off his pads past a sprawling Horton at midwicket.
22.2   .   Heaney to Moore : The batsman throws everything at that one but fails to connect.
22.1   1   Heaney to Penter : Low full toss, good pace, driven down to long-off. The batsmen think about running two, but will settle for one.

That may have cost me the game >:(

Last 2 overs have gone for 11

32.5   W   Campbell to Walkerden : [Swing] Bowled Him!! A nice little outswinger from Campbell brushes the pad and clips Walkerden's off stump.
W. Walkerden b. L. Campbell 4 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR:57.14

i need 2 wickets

Hilly needs 33 from 7

33.1   W   Heaney to Tink : Yorked him! Great delivery. Tink had backed away to make room, but cannot make contact and leg stump is uprooted!
T. Tink b. C. Heaney 26 (30b 2x4 0x6) SR:86.67

Good game Hilly

33.3   W   Heaney to Inness : [catch] It was a hopeless long-hop until Inness pulled it straight to Crane at square leg - what a mess!
C. Inness c B. Crane b. C. Heaney 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

First win of the Youth League now time for lunch  8)