Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

yeah cheers for that shaggy. Still working on my tactics. i am doing a pretty good job assisting

cookie311993

Cicjose

They have done the job they i have given them :). Open the batting with Sim but his scoring isn't all that impressive averages 46.5 after 2 games this season, but Lansdown hasn't set the stage on fire either. 

Lansdown only averages 35 with a strike rate of 89 but with French and Berry as my 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 for runs so far I'm not too worried about my opening pair they will improve and so will my scores when they do :). 

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 06:22:52 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1369660
Both players scored their maiden centuries

Cookie i would be tempted to make Nadeau your number 3.

cookie311993

why you say that cic?

CrowsFan

You smashed it in the end cookie!
Nadeau went crazy! 150 runs from 86 balls is a top effort! 131 from 110 isn't bad either ;)

cookie311993

yeah Galloway my opener batted through the innings. My team isnt that strong but are growing since majority of team is 18 or under

Cicjose

I try and keep my highest scoring players at three and build my batting around an attacking number 3

you don't have to. I just see that with Nadeau getting that massive score sending him in after the first wicket on attacking seems a sensible thing to do.

That is what i have done for Crane and he has paid off. I would think Nadeau would do the same for you

cookie311993

i send my best batter Scott Walker in at No 3 to smash runs and then Nadeau scores like this.

Cicjose

Your batting is certainly your strength :) Would you be tempted after Chambers score to open with Nadeau and shift Chambers to 4?

It certainly helps if your opponent doesn't pay attention to their orders

8-6 Suited

My god. Cicjose, Nadeau is best where he is.

Cicjose

I'm not saying he shouldn't bat at 4 I'm merely making a case for him to bat at 3

CrowsFan

He had 1 good innings. Walker is a much better batter so he should be at 3

8-6 Suited

There is no case for him to be at 3. He performs at 4 best plus he isn't cookies best batsman which should always be at the 3 spot.

Cicjose

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on April 06, 2011, 06:59:34 PM
There is no case for him to be at 3. He performs at 4 best plus he isn't cookies best batsman which should always be at the 3 spot.

You basing that off one good innings?

CrowsFan

Isn't that what you're doing Cic by saying he should bat at 3?