Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

RB if you train your players strength and endurance for rest of season and next season then sell you will make heaps if he doesnt jump into your lineup. Left arm fasties are super rare and worth heaps

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 06, 2011, 04:56:25 PM
An AR :D. I'd be aiming to get him to maybe Cap/Cap/Cap by the time he's 18 and Rel/Rel/Rel by the time he's in my Seniors if I get him that cheap 8). Having that Talent means I could skimp a level of batting.
It is a pretty handy talent to have for an AR :) Bat him low down the order and set him to defensive and should take advantage of the talent quite a bit ;)

@Cic - If you are looking for a spinner or 2, maybe have a look at these guys:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=690985
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=556675

Cicjose

so if i pull a spinner i want him to be ave ave at 16 or is ord ord okay?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 06, 2011, 05:01:59 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 06, 2011, 04:56:25 PM
An AR :D. I'd be aiming to get him to maybe Cap/Cap/Cap by the time he's 18 and Rel/Rel/Rel by the time he's in my Seniors if I get him that cheap 8). Having that Talent means I could skimp a level of batting.
It is a pretty handy talent to have for an AR :) Bat him low down the order and set him to defensive and should take advantage of the talent quite a bit ;)
It sure is that's why I doubt he'll stay within 75k! I'd be planning on playing him middle order as I already play 2 all rounders ;D. Would also be my 2nd accumulator with the other Opening with my Boundary Hitter.

Quote from: Cicjose on April 06, 2011, 05:07:36 PM
so if i pull a spinner i want him to be ave ave at 16 or is ord ord okay?
If an Ord/Ord will play for you/could play then keep him :). Ave/Ave ones will sell for a bit so it'll be hard buying one for cheap. I'm aiming at some Ord/Ord 16 y.o's myself (sometimes even lower) as the price is a bit high for me :(.

cookie311993

Taking the reins for an U/19 match this weekend since i am an assistant for this team. Canada U/19's vs Sri Lanka U/19's. Hoping to do well for Canada

roo boys!

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 04:57:43 PM
RB if you train your players strength and endurance for rest of season and next season then sell you will make heaps if he doesnt jump into your lineup. Left arm fasties are super rare and worth heaps
Hmm OK. I reckon 2 pops for strength and one for endurance (he has the sturdy talent remember)

Cicjose

how does strength help fast bowlers? Do deliveries bounce higher or something?

roo boys!

I believe it is meant to help their ability to take a wicket bowling an attacking delivery more often. That's in FTP anyway.

cookie311993

more power means more speed and strength and better on bouncier pitches. Also boosts a players skills

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cookie311993 on April 06, 2011, 05:15:27 PM
Taking the reins for an U/19 match this weekend since i am an assistant for this team. Canada U/19's vs Sri Lanka U/19's. Hoping to do well for Canada
Nice! Good luck cookie.

I prefer the U19's to Seniors as there is less of a range to choose from so the tactics are in place more to select a squad and all.

Might go for an assistant role next time around for Aussie's U19 as I'm handling schoolwork much better now once I organise the time.

Strength helps seamers as it allows them to be a tad more aggressive if needed. That and Strength generally helps bowlers with their speed and stuff so would help ingame overall ratings of them (But won't decide how they bowl but more of an overall outlook). Batsman are also help with Strength in general. What RB said.

Cicjose

so i should be training this player in strength soon right or not until he is in seniors?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=592120

CrowsFan

Cic if you pulled an avg/avg 16 year old spinner you should sell him and get heaps of money. Then buy  one for cheaper, say an avg/avg 17 year old

cookie311993

cheers hello. at eos the current Canadian u/19 manager is stepping down and reckons i should go for top job.

roo boys!

strength trains later in their career so try and target it around 24/25/26.

Justin Bieber

I say keep him on Bowling. I don't think he should make your seniors though! Can get Rel/Rel 20 y.o players for cheap.

I don't train Strength on Youths as it is what they take the longest to train in (Fielding is their fastest so that's why I use to train it early). Only starting some Strength on my seniors who are 23-26 y.o's.

Good luck with that cookie! Hope you Canadians can go alright in the WC but Aussies to win of course :P.