Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazinga

My senior academy popped to satisfactory on Jan 31st. I have invested on the lowest improving++ amount since and my senior academy just popped again to excellent. This means I have had 2 academy pops in about 9 weeks with improving++ investment. Together with my research on the Spare Ratings thread, I estimate that my players are training approx 10% more now compared to 9 weeks ago. IMO this is a very significant gain and a worthwhile investment, especially now that I have decided to train up my own project players.

roo boys!

Wow. Mine has been on satisfactory for over 2 whole seasons now, spend a fair bit of time on improving+...maybe I should stop spending my 450k on Spec/Spec 28 year old superstars, invest up improving++ in my academy..

Bazinga

RB it all depends on whether you want short term or long term success. Obviously 28yr old spec/spec players are gunna help you rate awesome now, but in 2 or 3 seasons they will start to decline. Also these players bring very high wages, which could be spent on academies. My thinking is with improving++ investment and many project 20yr olds, these players will be guns by 24/25 and I will still have them for another 5/6 seasons after this. If I am not happy with a certain individual, I can just offload him and find another quality 20yr old to train up.

roo boys!

Good point. I have a few young guys with lots of potential, but a number of older players for more wins in league matches.

This guy ends soon who I have been watching, worth it?
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=73852

Yes I see the very big wage but I have a guy with 9k wage who he is replacing.

8-6 Suited

I pay 126k or so in Wages currently. Add in my 9k for my stadium, plus 45k for my senior academy, and it brings it up to a total of 180k expenses a week.

Now I make 91k. To break even, I need to make up 90k in gate takings, which when playing proper teams in my leagues, I should comfortably do I think.

Gate Takings:   $74,657

That was including a bot team that I played in my SOD on Friday so it was a rather disappointing week I feel. Not to mention it was an away match to top it off. :(

Bazinga

Very impressive Shaggy  8)

roo boys!

Yeah pretty much the same as my finance Shaggy.

roo boys!

Well he's mine, for 244k, the highest I've ever spent on a player, but he is by far my best player. Now I don't know whether to sell Stevenson or Qasim...I think it will be Stevenson, but I don't want to sell him while he has my name...

8-6 Suited

Open him R&B.

Hmmm low experience for his age. :x I wouldn't have paid that much. But a gun none-the-less.

roo boys!

Yeah it is fairly low, but not incredibly low. Spec summary FM and that's with reasonable form, hopefully that will go up a level once he gets to cap/reli/accom form.

I was a bit unsure on what to train him on, I went fielding, as i don't really want hid wage
to get any higher and my capable fielders don't really do that well, so I thought having him at reliable can't hurt.

Fletch74

Anyone have a bad form update overnight?

In both Seniors and Youths only 1 player moved up to cap form... I had 8 players drop to avg for in seniors, and 6 in Youths.

Siggs went up to cap form in Seniors - played 1 game last week - 3/28 in SOD
Henderson - 16yo didn't play and goes up in form....

I had Rowley in seniors score 122* in SOD and 65 in the PC, and 22 in T20 and he drops to avg form ???

I know it's supposed to be random, but this was a bit over the top!! It's bad enough having the form reset at the EOS, but now it's virtually been reset to avg form >:(

CrowsFan

In seniors I had 3 players go up to capable form, 8 stay at reasonable, and 4 drop to average.

In the youths 5 went up to capable, 8 stay at reasonable and 5 drop to average...

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 05, 2011, 11:28:23 AM
In seniors I had 3 players go up to capable form, 8 stay at reasonable, and 4 drop to average.

In the youths 5 went up to capable, 8 stay at reasonable and 5 drop to average...
Why was mine so lopsided then??

8-6 Suited

Yeah I don't get the form. It's rather ridiculous. I had a few go up, and a few go down. >.>

valkorum

I only pay $98k for wages

Senior Form
7 x Capable
4 x Reasonable
1 x Average

Youth Form
1 x Capable
5 x Reasonable
7 x Average