Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

So i set my team for this week with new purchases. However idk y but they didnt play last night. I probs would have won if they had but they didnt. So i lost. Fml

roo boys!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=447073

Anyone want?

I have 455k, so I feel like splurging it...but not really sure what I need... :-\

Fletch74

I rested my 4 oldest players for the PC tomorrow, but cut it a little fine.

Result: Fletch's No Balls won by 35 runs

Happyslappers Fletch's No Balls
Batting - Top Order: 8,512 8,851
Batting - Middle Order: 6,577 5,912
Batting - Tail: 3,044 3,258
Bowling - Seam: 7,940 (6) 8,893 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 9,931 (4) 8,704 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,924 8,299
Overall: 133,938 137,996

Man of the match: John Rowley (3 points), George Carew (2), Bob Smith (1)

Rowley - 122 (158)
Carew - his
Smith - his

I wanted to keep my fatigue to a minimum, but didn't realise having my 4 best players out would cause my ratings to drop so low... Still go the win though :)

roo boys!

Seeing as I set the orders for the week on Monday, I forgot to take into account the fatigue for PC..lucky I have the easiest of opponents, so I can probably rest a couple in the PC match, and the rest in T20 on Tuesday.

bomberboy0618

Im playing youths tomoz as i am focusing on leagurs as im in a tough one, unless i do that for t20.
Ill be purchasing some youths today i think.

Alex7089

Some of my older guys are energetic but I thinking they will be fine by Sunday. I will probably play Vint over Daley anyway.
Might even play Scott, after his 3fer last night I am very happy with him :D Took a crucial wicket and then a couple more in his next over, even though he was expensive I will take it for his skills every time.
Match in a glance:
C. Albury 3 votes. 108* in his new position at 3.
M. Pritchard 2 votes. 4 catches, 2 maidens on his way to 1/27 from his 10
W. Shagmeister 1 vote. 71* played the anchor of the innings. At his usual position in 4 came in after early wickets fell and did beautifully.

West Edinburgh Wanderers
Total:   (10 wickets, 46.5 overs)   213   RR: 4.55

Feeling Sheepish
Total:   (2 wickets, 37 overs)   214   RR: 5.78

Match review
The match started well, a few runs were conceded but after 10 overs were gone 2 wickets had fallen and Sodumo and Scott had done their job.
Then Kersh and Pritch came on, both on D. I had it on good authority that wristies dominate on flats while on double D. So I tried it. It worked a treat. Kersh only went for 13 runs from his 5 and Pritch just 11. The RR had fallen to 3.75 and next on were Sodumo and Junior. The next ten overs were very expensive. A partnership of 108 formed and it looked like they were going to push him to a huge total. But Junior struck. In the last over of his spell he removed Quinn, and this opened the door for Pritch and Scott to move in and take a bag.
They struck hard. Scott removed his top scorer, Lee, on 71. The next over Pritchard took another, and then Scott took 2 more. They had gone from 163/3 to 181/7.
Junior and Kersh removed the last 3 batsmen leaving them with a total of 213.

When we came out to bat things got off to a bad start. Jackman fell early and Darya run out soon after.
Albury and Shagmeister were now in. If anybody could salvage the innings it was them. They did it all right. Shagmeister settled, scored at a decent rate but was really the anchor while Albury went for it. Albury posted 108* and Shagmeister 71* on their way to a 188 run partnership and an 8 wicket win, with the total reached easily in the 37th over.

bomberboy0618

Ok im a noob with youths so can someone point out a few for me to buy?

roo boys!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=62779

Can't say I'm not considering... (not a youth btw)

Everyone has new players since I was gone...who is Albury Alex? Can you reveal his stats or just post them??

MajorLazer

Quote from: roo boys! on April 02, 2011, 10:40:34 AM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=62779

Can't say I'm not considering... (not a youth btw)

Everyone has new players since I was gone...who is Albury Alex? Can you reveal his stats or just post them??
I dont have any new players RB.

roo boys!

Yay ;D Good to hear, less people to catch up on ;D

cookie311993

Well a very good start for me winning all 3 games. It started on Tuesday in T20 playing against the team who came second in my league last year. I won the toss and sent them in. After 20 years they posted a total of 6/148. A tough run chase was expected given the team. Victory was earned in 15.4 overs with a commanding total of 1/152 at an impressive run rate of 9.70.

Next up on Wednesday a youth match not of much focus to me. They won the toss and decided to bat and what a poor decision it turned out to be. They were bowled all out for 140 off 37.2 overs. The run chase started well with both openers making double figures before a mini collapse. First Galloway went making it 1/29 then Prindiville went making it 2/34. Season 12 Batsman of the Year Scott Walker walked to the crease and steadied the ship leading the team to victory taking the total to 3/141 off 29.2 overs at a run rate of 4.81. Walker finished 67* off 81

Friday, the toughest match of the week. Senior One-Day team. Me vs Cricket Players. The only threat to me promoting. Cricket players won the toss and sent me into bat. Despite a stirring 93 runs by opener Kifimbo Ngilu Bundy Bashers lower order crumbled leaving Cricket players a total of 226 to win. Thinks started well win a wicket in the 3 over leaving them 1/17. But a partnership of 92 had me worried. Until strike bowler and new recruit Eamon Johnston came into attack and not only broke the partnership but removed both batsmen in quick succession cause a nice middle order collapse leaving them at 7/158. Another partnership of 39 had the crowd on the edge of their chairs until that man came into the attack removing both batsmen and winning the match for Bundy Bashers.

Good luck to all in the PC. All the best and hopefully we see heaps of wins.

MajorLazer

Quote from: roo boys! on April 02, 2011, 10:51:17 AM
Or maybe I do have new guys. ;)

roo boys!

Quote from: MajorLazer on April 02, 2011, 10:55:16 AM
Oh don't do this to me ML! ;)

Nice write up cookie.

MajorLazer

Quote from: roo boys! on April 02, 2011, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on April 02, 2011, 10:55:16 AM
Oh don't do this to me ML! ;)

Nice write up cookie.
If you don't feel lazy, check out my team and see who's new.

Also BABB. :-*

If you check you will see why. ;)

cookie311993

Cheers for the RB hoping for good results this year. Promotion in all 3 would be very good. T20 league is tough though. 79th strongest league in FTP and i am div 3