Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cicjose on March 30, 2011, 02:35:03 PM
Here is their half decent spinner's figures

T. Knezevic 8-0-28-6
Told you spinners would dominate the game Cic ;)
He is 6 and has a rating of 14k and yet did that!

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 30, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=515313

WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nice work HP!! Hopefully Casper can follow in his footsteps :D
Haha just checked how he went in his first game, and he only got 1 :( I guess the brightside is the only way is up :)

Cicjose

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=1305400

got him on the ropes tho with my medium pacers bowling beautifully

CrowsFan

Wow just noticed you are bowling 5 right arm medium pacers. Don't you have any variety cic?

Cicjose

i will work on getting some variety in the coming youth pulls.

I wasn't sure of what things i needed for my youth team but now i will try and pull some spinners and other batsman

28.6   W   Skuse to Collins : [catch] Skuse gets his man this time. A sharp bouncer, angling away from Collins, who tries to fetch it from there. A weak pull shot and it just lobs up for Skuse to come under it. He was on his way back to the pavilion as soon as he hit it.
T. Collins c & b. M. Skuse 18 (28b 1x4 1x6) SR:64.29

30.1   W   Skuse to Boyd : [catch] Fuller in length and wide outside the off stump, Boyd goes for an expansive drive and the ball goes straight to Horton at backward point. The bat turned at the point of impact and the ball went high up towards the fielder who timed his jump perfectly.
E. Boyd c C. Horton b. M. Skuse 1 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR:25.00

30.2   W   Skuse to O'Connor : [Yorker] The yorker hits O'Connor on the toe in front of off stump. The umpire raises the finger and O'Connor limps away towards the pavilion.
F. O'Connor lbw b. M. Skuse 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

A hattrick for Skuse!

Justin Bieber

Nice win Cic. Good for the NRR early 8).

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 30, 2011, 02:37:49 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=515313

WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nice work HP!! Hopefully Casper can follow in his footsteps :D
Haha just checked how he went in his first game, and he only got 1 :( I guess the brightside is the only way is up :)
[/quote]
Thanks CF. Casper is a Gun for me but that Tech gap isn't that good compared to Acc/Acc FM's Australia already have. His secondaries are great and if he had Rel Tech could have been in with a better chance. Ah well, both have been awesome for my Youths.

P.S He played that game when he was 17 and they allowed anybody to toss their players in. 2 catches though.

CrowsFan

Oh right. I was trying to find when he had played that game but couldn't find it haha.

Justin Bieber

Haha :P.

Talk about variety, I'm playing 3 mediums as I seriously lack bowlers (Only have 5, maybe 6 if I use 2 allrounders instead of 1). Casper (FM) and Smart (WS) are the only variety so might just stick to Slow pitch for this match before changing the next one :D. Seamers pitch seems the way to go this season.

CrowsFan

I'm playing tonight 2 finger spinners, 2 fast mediums and a fasty.

BratPack

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 30, 2011, 05:16:06 PM

I have my usual assortment for my pitch, Two Mediums and Three Finger Spinners :P

Cicjose

I'm not focusing too much on youth but i will keep trying for YA players (spinners and batsmen primarily). Priorities will change depending how my 2 senior teams go.

CrowsFan

Quote from: BratPack on March 30, 2011, 05:20:55 PM

I have my usual assortment for my pitch, Two Mediums and Three Finger Spinners :P
I was going to play 3 finger spinners, but the humid conditions have put me off that idea. You will beat me anyway so wont really matter what I play...

BratPack

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 30, 2011, 05:34:36 PM
Quote from: BratPack on March 30, 2011, 05:20:55 PM

I was going to play 3 finger spinners, but the humid conditions have put me off that idea. You will beat me anyway so wont really matter what I play...

Well two finger spinners are set. It's just a question of whether I bowl Reid (One of my top batsmen who can bowl Medium pace) or Odumba (My allrounder replacement for Strydom and The third finger spinner). My gut says Odumba but Reid may be the better choice just on experience

Cicjose

Playing Fletch tomorrow in the FF Youth Cup and hoping for a similar result to today but i think the fatigue will be a factor and Fletch will dominate

CrowsFan

Fatigue means nothing in friendlies. The main factor is fletch rates at least 20k more than you. That is why he will dominate

BratPack

Quote from: Cicjose on March 30, 2011, 07:04:33 PM
Playing Fletch tomorrow in the FF Youth Cup and hoping for a similar result to today but i think the fatigue will be a factor and Fletch will dominate

It's a friendly comp. Fatigue is no factor