Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: MajorLazer on March 29, 2011, 11:19:56 PM
I have a chance at promotion. :o

YAY! ;D
You should seal it comfortably. Unless I pull off an upset against you, which I doubt...

MajorLazer

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2011, 11:21:15 PM
Quote from: MajorLazer on March 29, 2011, 11:19:56 PM
I have a chance at promotion. :o

YAY! ;D
You should seal it comfortably. Unless I pull off an upset against you, which I doubt...
There's a good chance that will happen.

Justin Bieber

Should be a good rivalry!

By the looks of it, I should finish second last quite comfortably...... Maybe 3rd last if I improve 10k ratings ::).

Not a bad effort CF and your Spin unit is :o on paper.

MajorLazer

I've got a massive rivalry with Daz going. 3-3 at the moment and we will hopefully play soon.

CrowsFan

Yeah I love my spin unit HP :) 1 wristy and 1 tweaker. Looking forward to when they move up from reasonable form they were pulling ratings of high 11k last season :)
We should have a match soon HP we are rating similar for once!

Alex7089

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 29, 2011, 11:17:52 PM
BB got one over benjy with a 52 run win. Smyth batted very well for BB but fell just short of the 50 (48). Coutnery ripped through the middle/lower order for 4 wickets.

benjy251090 bombersXI
Batting - Top Order: 7,625 11,196
Batting - Middle Order: 6,644 7,203
Batting - Tail: 3,363 4,078
Bowling - Seam: 9,228 (8) 9,228 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 8,429 (2) 10,301 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 7,191 9,258
Overall: 134,077 161,887

I rated higher than him yet he get s a comfortable win ::)
I should have won, outrated him comfortably in every aspect -
Top order - 1k
Middle order - 2.4k
Lower order - 3k (yet between them they would have made 10)
Seam - 1k
Spin - 1.7k
Fielding - 1.4k

Played three spinners on a crumbling, 2 finger spinners on double D and they went 8/71 between them....
He bowled a dread/spec medium who went for less than Jackson, a finger spinner on double D. I mean WTF.
Also how did his weak bowlers bowl my stronger batsmen/tail while my stronger bowlers could only take 4 wickets...Seriously don't know what I did.

CrowsFan

Alex how does Ireland beat England at the world cup?
Sometimes these things just happen...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 29, 2011, 11:28:06 PM
Yeah I love my spin unit HP :) 1 wristy and 1 tweaker. Looking forward to when they move up from reasonable form they were pulling ratings of high 11k last season :)
We should have a match soon HP we are rating similar for once!
No problem. I did rest 1 of my batsman for Moylan though so could inflate it a tad but still around 145k ratings :D.

I'd challenge you but no free slots for you (or me as I haven't got a clue).

As CF said Alex, Sh*t happens. But still another 17 games.

Alex7089

England are rubbish and that was RL. This is a game largely based around stats, which I dominated and IMO it shows that the ME decides too much, doesn't really reward the better team here.

8-6 Suited

Alex... It was humid weather so playing on a crumbling pitch with 3 spinners wasn't a great option. Should have been 2 spinners and 3 seamers.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 29, 2011, 11:35:40 PM
England are rubbish and that was RL. This is a game largely based around stats, which I dominated and IMO it shows that the ME decides too much, doesn't really reward the better team here.
Then I would have lost so I'm not complaining :P. Haha, we all get those matches once in a while. I'm going to be THAT team most of my games this season so need to cause a few upsets to have a faint hope of staying alive.

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on March 29, 2011, 11:42:38 PM
Alex... It was humid weather so playing on a crumbling pitch with 3 spinners wasn't a great option. Should have been 2 spinners and 3 seamers.
OK then. Maybe I need to be playing Sodumo over Kersh then? Would also bring tail batting down, didn't you say that may cause collapses this year? Well I went from 1 down to all out in the space of like 50 runs.

Everything I thought I knew just got blown out of the water ???
Ignore the stats comment BTW it was part of the rant :P

Justin Bieber

Pretty sure I played humid on a Crumbling as well. Went in with 2 Spinners and 3 Seamers (2 FS's, 1 M, 1 FM and 1 F).

Could be Alex. I don't expect alot in my tail when batting so wouldn't look too far into their batting ability. If they can score about 10+, I'd be happy. It's not their job to bat (although I have to depend on them more and Moylan may be featuring more often now.....).

Probably play the better player for the pitch.

BratPack

The Brat PackDuffman's epic XI
Batting - Top Order:10,40610,326
Batting - Middle Order:8,1577,759
Batting - Tail:3,4793,107
Bowling - Seam:9,731 (8)8,712 (8)
Bowling - Spin:12,118 (2)11,591 (2)
Fielding/Keeping:9,4418,125
Overall:164,054152,471
7 Wicket Win in the end. West got belted around the park but Sangster brought them back. After a couple of hiccups new boy Dareeju and Ives controlled the tempo and saw us home with 9 balls to spare.

8-6 Suited

Humid weather makes it hard for spinners to hold the ball which makes their bowling reckless even on defensive orders.