Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

MTTY

hey guys any tips for me to get started?

Master Q

You'll need a Batsmen to rely on, a Strike Bowler and then the rest of the team is up to you. You can take the short cut and buy old players, which can backfire, or take the long, but safe way and buy young players. It's up to you.

MTTY

Quote from: Master Q on January 13, 2011, 01:23:08 PM
You'll need a Batsmen to rely on, a Strike Bowler and then the rest of the team is up to you. You can take the short cut and buy old players, which can backfire, or take the long, but safe way and buy young players. It's up to you.
cheers Q

got my eye on these 3

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=252698

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=97257

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=280184

Alex7089

IMO the only way old players backfire is higher wages. I just enjoy training younger guys, it is much cheaper as well.

Like Q said MTTY just try and fill up your squad with guys who are cap/cap or better, try not to spend over 20k on any 1 player and fire the guys you started with as you buy other players.

8-6 Suited

End of over 29 (maiden) - The Matchbox Matadors(102-7) RR 3.52
S. Waygood 4 (10b) , W. Orange 5 (11b) , W. Hyde 5-1-18-3

Shaggy McBourne has 3-29, Hyde with 3-18. Ouch. :P

MTTY

Quote from: Alex7089 on January 13, 2011, 01:26:58 PM
IMO the only way old players backfire is higher wages. I just enjoy training younger guys, it is much cheaper as well.

Like Q said MTTY just try and fill up your squad with guys who are cap/cap or better, try not to spend over 20k on any 1 player and fire the guys you started with as you buy other players.
cheers Alex

CrowsFan

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on January 13, 2011, 01:32:38 PM
   End of over 29 (maiden) - The Matchbox Matadors(102-7) RR 3.52
S. Waygood 4 (10b) , W. Orange 5 (11b) , W. Hyde 5-1-18-3

Shaggy McBourne has 3-29, Hyde with 3-18. Ouch. :P
Haha wow didn't even realise I was playing today so forgot to set my team...

8-6 Suited

Makes sense Wilko because you're getting annihilated at the moment lol

Alex7089

End of over 31 (5 runs) - Feeling Sheepish(143-3) RR 4.61
A. Linton 21 (31b) , W. Shagmeister 41 (72b) , A. Qasim 6-0-30-1

Not this guy again ::)

CrowsFan

Well just looked at the orders my team have been given for today are I have Henderson who is dreadful in bowling is bowling the seventh spell, and my acc/cap fast bowler is only bowling one spell and batting at 5. Also my best bowler isn't even playing or most of my best batsmen...

8-6 Suited

You should always save your best line up as default in-case you ever miss setting orders.

Looks like SHaggy Mushangazike might do some damage when he gets the bat..

CrowsFan

Yeah I should, just got used to all my games starting at 8pm and checking up around 6 to set orders.
Never expected to win this game anyway...

GoSaints

haha mushangazike popped in endurance to expert today and now is going to dominate why didnt you check if you had a game crowsfan like yesterday haha

Maca24

BB! your carving me up. Probs should of played my AR at number 7 but wouldnt make a huge difference.