Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Haha fair enough :P
I will see what I can do...

Just trying to think where I haven't logged on...

Cicjose

CrowsFan

Cicjose

2.3 Dawson to Rigby : [stumped] Gone! Great bowling! Tossed up by Dawson, getting Rigby reaching forward, trying to play it back down the ground. Rigby stretches too far, and as that turns that little bit extra past the bat, Rigby has lifted his back foot. Briody takes off the bails, and that's out. Dawson deserves a wicket with that ball.
R. Rigby st H. Briody b. J. Dawson 5 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR:41.67

good start bowling on a batsmen's wicket

1/11

3.6   4   Mortimer to Martin : Martin gets a thick inside edge on the ball, which must have grazed the leg stump on its way down to fine leg. Mortimer thought he had his man there, but the bails stay put and the result is four frustrating runs against him.

3.5   .   Mortimer to Martin : Martin goes back and slashes hard outside off, but fails to make contact. He leans on his bat and looks to the heavens, not sure whether he's praying or checking the weather.

3.4   .   Mortimer to Martin : Loud shout for lbw. Mortimer pitches the ball on a good length outside off stump. Martin moves his front foot outside the line of off stump and offers no shot. He gets hit on the front pad but the umpire's finger remains down, and rightly so. Replays show that the ball wasn't coming back enough to hit the stumps. Good decision.
3.3   .   Mortimer to Martin : Howzat! The lbw appeal is turned down and Mortimer looks ready to murder.

3.2   1   Mortimer to Capes : Mortimer a bit too short there, Capes paddles it down to fine leg for a single.

3.1   .   Mortimer to Capes : Struck on the pads, Mortimer pleads, then shouts, then bellows, but the umpire remains stonefaced. Looked to be going down leg, but replays show otherwise.

FANTASTIC BOWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fletch74

Are you bowling spinners CJ?

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fletch74 on December 29, 2010, 12:43:58 PM
Are you bowling spinners CJ?
He is bowling 1 finger spinner and 1 fast medium.
CJ you shouldn't open your bowling with spinners

Cicjose

I wanted to see if it would slow the run rate down. It didn't work first time around but it is an ok start atm

5.3   W   Mortimer to Martin : Mortimer released the ball with a horizontal seam, causing it to leap up and Martin was unable to keep his shot down. The ball flew straight to Robson at mid on who holds on to the catch.
A. Martin c A. Robson b. P. Mortimer 7 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR:63.64

2/24

CrowsFan

Just put them on defensive then if you want to slow down a run rate

Hawka

goin pree good
End of over 7 (8 runs) - Hawka C.C(60-1) RR 8.57
V. Howard 28 (19b) , R. Sainsbury 8 (10b) , A. Barnes 4-0-37-0

edit: DAM WE LOST

Cicjose

REALLY STRUGGLING NOW >:(

3/96 from 17 overs

Piper to Stephens : Looping flight from Piper, but Stephens reads it early, dances down the track to get to the pitch. His attempt to slam it straight back over the bowler's head only results in a simple catch for long on.
G. Stephens c A. Alley b. G. Piper 30 (40b 4x4 0x6) SR:75.00

Need to have some more defensive bowling

Piper to Capes : Controversy here as Capes refuses to walk! Snicko is inconclusive, but Capes clearly felt there was no edge. Eventually he trudges disconsolately back to the pavilion, but the Match Referee may have something to say about that little episode!
L. Capes c H. Briody b. G. Piper 56 (61b 4x4 0x6) SR:91.80

4/121 hopefully the screws are tightened in the next 5 overs

CrowsFan

Not doing too badly CJ ;)
End of over 23 (3 runs) - Office Pull(121-4) RR 5.26
W. Gill 0 (2b) , C. Trapp 13 (16b) , G. Piper 4-0-19-2
Still in with a shot

Cicjose

Got my team to work on fielding in the last week and the bowlers worked on technique the day before the match. not sure where the improvements are there yet but I think I'm playing the same team as you CrowsFan

CrowsFan

Haha no CJ I was commenting on your match.
Saying that you are still in the match.
I don't play till tonight

Cicjose

Had the whole team work on their fielding this week and it has done nothing

End of over 34 (11 runs) - Office Pull(190-4) RR 5.59

34.2   W   Robson to Gill : Gone! Clean bowled. Full toss from Robson and Gill had no idea how to play that.
W. Gill b. A. Robson 35 (36b 2x4 2x6) SR:97.22

thank god for that. Wrong guy but i will take a wicket any way i can get it

CrowsFan

Takes longer than a week for stuff to show improvements.
But looking at the fielding checks you failed 7 of them (i.e it was a misfield), but passed 10 of them (great fielding and a stumping).
So that isn't too bad for a youth team where their fielding wouldn't be as good as senior players