Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Smashing in my T20.

End of over 17 (11 runs) - Pound(114-5). 127 runs required from 3 overs. RR 6.71 RRR 42.33
L. Death 28 (23b) , L. Warne 2 (2b) , G. Menza 3-0-19-1

Look at the RRR  ;D

Rested Alleyne, should of rested more guys though  :(

Justin Bieber

Welcome to the game JT :D. What your team or manager name? Sorry for this long post but......

Quote from: Junktimer on December 28, 2010, 01:08:08 AM
do you guys focus on youth orr?
Quote from: BOOMZ on December 28, 2010, 01:08:43 AM
Most of us don't but HP and a few others do... Most focus on seniors.
I do it as I had gotten a few very good pulls a while back. I don't buy alot of guys now, If I do 16-18 year olds to stay for a season or two. Can bring in a little extra cash if you win your games but doesn't benefit you alot in the short term.

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 28, 2010, 01:10:53 AM
Seniors are most important to most of us. I focus on my youths, a bit, but seniors come first.
Do this to start. I bought 19 and 20 y.o's when I started and watched them grow. Some of them still play for me and won me a bunch of games in the lower Divisions of Australia.

Quote from: Junktimer on December 28, 2010, 02:03:47 AM
i already did Australia..

so buy young gun bowlers.

do i buy a few guns or lots of pretty good players?
It is a bowler's game and you can get alot of them on the market. Try to find solid batsman for your team (Cap/Cap (Bat or Bowl/Technique) to start). 20-22 year olds with this stat won't go for much. But Batsman cost alot right now :(.

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 28, 2010, 02:05:46 AM
Depends on how much money you start with. I would start by trying to spend no more than 20-25k on a single player. Also don't look at a player's ratings, look at their stats.
Yep. Try to keep a certain amount you won't go over so you don't blow your money too fast.

Maca24

I lost by 66  :( i need 2 draft in some more bowlers and batsman.
id also like a keeper/batsman. hmmm  ;)

Justin Bieber

Going nicely all of you. Haha Q, guess you've won the game :P.

T20 for me will be going in with a Second String Bowling attack (on a pitch not suited to my Spinners ::)). Throw in 1 Youth Bowler (Casper), 3 Youth Batsman (Currie, Gallagher and Inverarity) and my Youth Keeper (Anderson) and you can see why I will likely lose to Benjy ::).

DazBurg

R&B gonna miss out on sayers again it seems sine his not on :-\

GoSaints

Frankston XI won by 105 runs

End of over 20 (1 run) - jindal(145-10). 106 runs required from 0 overs. RR 7.25 RRR 0.00

B. Venugopal 16 (7b) , S. Arman 3.3-0-14-6
      A hattrick for Arman!
19.3   W   Arman to Hitendra : A short rising delivery pitched on the middle and off stump line and angling across. Hitendra goes for the pull and is beaten for pace.
K. Hitendra c C. Ramnarace b. S. Arman 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

That is 5 wickets for Arman!
19.2   W   Arman to Venkatraman : Ouch! A great inswinging yorker crashes into Venkatraman's back foot. They all go up in a huge appeal and finally the umpire's finger goes up. Interestingly, not only does the replay show that was going well down leg side, it also shows Venkatraman had limped nearly a whole leg bye before the finger went up. Insult to injury...
K. Venkatraman lbw b. S. Arman 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00
19.1   W   Arman to Bipen : Goes for the big lofted drive, but doesn't time it at all and rather tamely picks out Taylor on the edge of the circle.
K. Bipen c G. Taylor b. S. Arman 28 (20b 2x4 0x6) SR:140.00

how is that for a finish? hat trick to end it off!

Match Ratings
     jindal    Frankston XI
Batting - Top Order:    3,167    5,793
Batting - Middle Order:    2,549    3,422
Batting - Tail:    2,353    2,789
Bowling - Seam:    2,364 (8)    6,506 (6)
Bowling - Spin:    2,648 (2)    3,756 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:    3,670    4,939
Overall:    53,034    87,069

played half a team of youth guys for experience 17-18year olds so expected low ratings but still going to affect my rankings but shower happens

also daz im going to go after sayers myself too

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 28, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

T20 for me will be going in with a Second String Bowling attack (on a pitch not suited to my Spinners ::)). Throw in 1 Youth Bowler (Casper), 3 Youth Batsman (Currie, Gallagher and Inverarity) and my Youth Keeper (Anderson) and you can see why I will likely lose to Benjy ::).
Casperson *drools*

I need good Youth Seem Bowlers. I lost my 2 Youth Bowlers as they are now 20  :(

GoSaints

also to you barlow i had leading bid on him for hours mate so you cant go for him or your taking him from me.

but i got him anyway

Current Bid: $40,000

By:  Frankston XI

Bidding has finished!
The player will transfer to his new team within the next five minutes.

Junktimer

team name is on ya way

btw maca gibbons is mine

DazBurg

Quote from: GoSaints on December 28, 2010, 02:45:06 PM
also to you barlow i had leading bid on him for hours mate so you cant go for him or your taking him from me.

but i got him anyway

Current Bid: $40,000

By:  Frankston XI

Bidding has finished!
The player will transfer to his new team within the next five minutes.
good stuff
R&B gonna cry though...lol

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on December 28, 2010, 02:43:51 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 28, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

Casperson *drools*

I need good Youth Seem Bowlers. I lost my 2 Youth Bowlers as they are now 20  :(
Haha. Same here. Have too many Youth Spinners ::).

Too bad I don't like his chances for playing for Australia U19's :(.

8-6 Suited

Can't really complain too much though since he wasn't here to bid on him. I wish I had the money because I would have taken him in a second.  :p

GS, put him on bowling training and get him to expert there. he has good secondaries so dont work on them yet. While you go for expert bowling he will pop in Tech so you will be fine. :p Then you will have yourself a Lidgerwood, that doesnt spin.

Cicjose

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=977349

I have only ever played against 1 opponent who had worse stats than me

My bowling instructions were purely defensive and i got smashed

Justin Bieber

Ouch Cic. Not a good Batting or Bowling performace :(. Keep trying to improve the team though :D.

If anybody is looking for a Yotuh bowler, can't go past this guy if he stays at 5k: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=560182

8-6 Suited

I am in the negatives at the moment by 1.4k lol