Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

Yeah with me I have to go for the match I have a better shot at winning. I play 80 in the world in the PC so it's R&B hence I need fillers. Once I get through this week I should be okay. Bot in SOD so I can rest again if needed

bomberboy0618

2 of my players are at satisfactory. I told them to "suit up" this gives them immunity. Btw Im making a finances spreadsheet tomoz, anyone want it?

pyronerd

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 25, 2010, 11:31:23 PM
2 of my players are at satisfactory. I told them to "suit up" this gives them immunity. Btw Im making a finances spreadsheet tomoz, anyone want it?
what does this finances spreadsheet involve BB??

roo boys!

Make sure all your players are at least clinically dead for our game BP :P

bomberboy0618

Just formulas, you plug in expenses, income it works out ur balance so u can see how mch u can invest to make a certain profit, if u want, also if u spend such money how it decreases and increases ur balance, and if u invest such amount ur balance.

pyronerd

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on December 25, 2010, 11:35:30 PM
Just formulas, you plug in expenses, income it works out ur balance so u can see how mch u can invest to make a certain profit, if u want, also if u spend such money how it decreases and increases ur balance, and if u invest such amount ur balance.
okk sounds useful but im good with numbers i usually just punch the numbers into the calculator in my head  :P

Alex7089

Same Pyro. Why not just do the math? :P

bomberboy0618

I'll post it tomoz if someone helps me to understand how to post excel spreadsheets.
Also pyro I could do, it will take me two mins to change the values once it's done and it does it for me :D
I'm lazy :P

Justin Bieber

CF, looking at your team saw a few things:
On Stork Davison, Reckon you paid a bit too much for him at 30k :o (would of said maybe 20k at an absolute max). He's not that great for a 19 y.o but will still be good for your youth squad nonetheless.

Bowling is pretty good with Ridge and Orange leading like you said.
Keeper is good. Not a great bat but he can bat lower down as his Keeping skill is nice. Would probably train Deane in Keeping or Keeper-Batsman.

Ul-Hasan, I could sell you a Youth All Rounder With Similar skills mid season? Won't be needed much if I get a few good buys there and could be grown upon :). Murphy is alright as well. Should get Cap/Cap/Cap by end of season.

Robert Deem was a great buy as a future bat. A boundary hitter with fairly good batting and decent secondaries for cheap was a steal :).
McEvoy is by far your best Batting in my opinion. Needs a little Tech work but is nearly as good as a 22 year old who plays for me (with Exp/Rel also). Deem comes close though ;). Nice to see Warwick being a good addition for you :).

Nilini isn't good enough. I'd say fire him now before you have to pay another week of wages for him. Good talent but not good enough :(.

There are a few guys you could fire to save their wages. I'd say look to build upon your batting and bowling lineups. Look for Acc/Acc players at a minimum to keep building from a good base. But the older they are, make sure they have better Fielding/Power/Endurance :). I'd look at players up to 30 who you think are within your budget and that you could buy 3-6 of those players for a given amount. I can help if you every now and again with a few bargains. But keep an eye on them and make sure they don't go up too high, otherwise leave off (I'll give a rough estimation to go up until if you tell me how much you have to spend on new players :)).

Justin Bieber

Took a look at your Youth squad and you've got a great bunch of 17/18 y.o's coming through who should win you quite a few games as they continue to grow.

Koen Stroetinga should be a good Batter/Bowler/Allrounder for you, depending on how you train. Looks like you could have a strong batch of Keepers so wouldn't train him as a Keeper.

To be honest, I'd love for some of those 17 y.o's ;).

CrowsFan

Thanks HP.
Yeah I am really happy with my youth squad at the moment and wont be buying anymore players for it for a while, will just recruit each week and see what they are like. The reason I spent so much on Davison was because I made a bid when he was much cheaper but a guy had an agent on him so I was annoyed so kept bidding to make him pay more, but ended up taking it way too far and got him myself haha. Stroetinga I will be training as a batsmen for now since he has opener as a skill.

Nilini I thinking of firing anyway since he wont be getting a game for me and didn't think he would sell for anything. On McEvoy he had that big tech gap when I got him so have been working on that for a while. Once it become equal with batting I was thinking of changing to power training. Good idea or not? Thanks for Warwick by the way :)

If you look at my league it is basically impossible for me to stay in 3 so I think I will just stick with the batch of players I currently have since they are all 20/21/22 and accept I will be relegated then review my squad at the end of the season to see what should be improved once I have more money and look at my div 4 league. Do you think that's the best thing to do? Since I also only have about 60k in the bank...

Thanks for all your help HP. Since I play hattrick, which is a similar game, but for soccer I thought I understood it the game so kinda just started doing stuff without reading the manual first, so kinda stuffed up to begin with haha

Justin Bieber

Alot of people do that after playing Hattrick ;D. Get a bunch of people on the forum complaining about that :P.

Fire Nilini before the financial update tommorrow to save the wage cash.

Sounds like a plan for McEvoy. Batting Tech and Fieldingh Training should close the gap while helping the other stats (but work with one until a pop in Batting or Fielding, then change). Could leave power until a bit later as he will take longer to train in it. Will take at least a season and a bit (maybe) to close the Tech gap (I have a similar problem but is worse as my guy has Gifted Batting and is 22 ::)).

Probably right about the league :(. 4 spots for relegation would be tough on anybody. Most of the players could be upgraded during the season if you find cheap Acc/Acc players on the market.

60k is alot more than what I have (16k). But Invest in my academies which take a while to grow and eat up alot of cash. Could try investing in your academies but could end up running a loss most weeks if you aren't careful. Or could just keep it there for a rainy day ;).

I'm off for the night. I'll talk to you during the day. Cya CF.

Boomz

Have set my tactics for the pav cup but am hoping i wake up in time to check if he's changed his pitch... Dry atm which is good for me...

Alex7089

I ope he hasn't BOOMZ ;)

roo boys!

I tried something different in a game I will be very unlikely to win, Sticky pitch tonight :)