From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

sponsorship money doesn't change having away games means less gate takings

you can always drop down your academy investment just a little 

Master Q

Ok Guys Good News.

I've bought myself a 3 Month Membership which comes with 20 Game Credits, so I can create Competitions etc.

Justin Bieber

My wages are 80k not mention I'm investing 51k into academies. I'll be in your position soon enough :P.

Decrease the academy for the team you don't think you can fix in the near future. RB dropped all his Youth investments to save cash as he didn't think he could keep it going. Could be a good decision seeing as it's pretty hard to build a solid youth team compared to that of seniors.

benjy251090

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 30, 2010, 10:00:03 AM
For 1k, I guess it's an alright buy. Put him on batting tech to close the gap. Should hopefully be closed by the time he's 19 and he'll have one Cap and on Reas 8).

I once had a batter just like him in my lineup. Not a gifted batter and was 16 at the time. Was rated worse than that. This is him now:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=476749

Also Benjy. I put in a bid for 3 of your youths who I think have potential. I'll go after them up to about 5k each since you'll get the money :D.
That's what I thought too, I saw potential

Yeah, that guys not bad, could give him a couple more years and sell him

Thanks for bidding, I still have a good couple of days before the transfers end as well :)

Master Q

In my opinion you shouldn't be trying to pump money into your YA and buying big Youth Players until your in at least Div 5.

Justin Bieber

I'm in Div 6 and I do it ;).

Buy I don't buy Gun youths. I buy solid youths (17 y.o's) and build them up for the future 8).

MajorLazer

I think I'm in Div 5 for youths but do the same thing as HP.

Fletch74

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 30, 2010, 10:39:29 AM
I'm in Div 6 and I do it ;).

Buy I don't buy Gun youths. I buy solid youths (17 y.o's) and build them up for the future 8).
That's what I've been trying to do. I don't want to reduce my investment in the YA, it's only $10K. I want to buy them and then be able to sell them off if i can get a few pops.

Justin Bieber

I've got 4 seniors who are going to be on the chopping block start of next season :-X. Then another 1 who is coming up from the Youth Academy (who I bought early this season).

That'sa  good plan Fletch. Will be hard finding good ones from cheap now.

Fletch74

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 30, 2010, 11:04:55 AM
I've got 4 seniors who are going to be on the chopping block start of next season :-X. Then another 1 who is coming up from the Youth Academy (who I bought early this season).

That's the hard part now...

roo boys!

Yep, cutting YA investments is working wonders for me, I highly reccomend it.

Guys still pop almost as reguarly as normal, just the youth pulls are normally pretty crap.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 30, 2010, 11:05:51 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 30, 2010, 11:04:55 AM

That's the hard part now...
Yep. But got to search pretty wisely for the bargains.

Nice RB :P. You could still pull a gun and sell for big you know ;).

Justin Bieber

Q is trying to go for Aussie Assistant Nat ;). Going into Shaggy's territory :P.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 30, 2010, 09:02:55 PM
Q is trying to go for Aussie Assistant Nat ;). Going into Shaggy's territory :P.
how do you know that?

Alex7089

I am going to run to be Scottish NAT manager not next season but the season after :P