Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

think i'm gonna miss on campbell Ax his up too 26,250  and he still has 1 hour and 50 mins left  :-\

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 18, 2010, 11:00:07 AM
Being a spinner, he doesn't need any power. The only thing he needs is Fielding, and tech. Fielding is quicker to do up than primaries, but by 26 he would be a Spec/Spec bowler with reliable fielding and batting. Easy. -_- And you don't even need anything better. -_-
If he wants to be a batter he needs power -_-
Say it takes 10 weeks for each batting pop which it may take longer, that is over 2 seasons straight of batting training for cap batting and then he is 24.
Starting to get into his prime, he trains power/fielding that will take a season, now he is 25 then it will take the rest of his career to reach spec/spec bowling -______-

8-6 Suited

17 years old | 12,678 rating | $576 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents   Doosra
Nationality    Australia
Form   average
Fatigue   energetic
Experience   atrocious
Captaincy   reliable

Batting   atrocious   Endurance   dreadful
Bowling   ordinary   Technique   atrocious
Keeping   poor   Power   poor
Fielding   dreadful   

Fired

Boomz

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on October 18, 2010, 11:02:55 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 18, 2010, 11:00:07 AM
Being a spinner, he doesn't need any power. The only thing he needs is Fielding, and tech. Fielding is quicker to do up than primaries, but by 26 he would be a Spec/Spec bowler with reliable fielding and batting. Easy. -_- And you don't even need anything better. -_-
If he wants to be a batter he needs power -_-
Say it takes 10 weeks for each batting pop which it may take longer, that is over 2 seasons straight of batting training for cap batting and then he is 24.
Starting to get into his prime, he trains power/fielding that will take a season, now he is 25 then it will take the rest of his career to reach spec/spec bowling -______-
spot on

best thing boomz can do it get the fielding and bowling up over the next few seasons then he can see when his at spec/spec and good fielding if he can pop the batting

8-6 Suited

Alex, he doesn't need power at all dude. The tech will assist his batting. And 10 weeks for a batting pop? Since when? lol

Alex7089

Quote from: DazBurg on October 18, 2010, 11:02:38 AM
think i'm gonna miss on campbell Ax his up too 26,250  and he still has 1 hour and 50 mins left  :-\
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
My youth recruit was pretty bad but he is 16 so might be able to sell him at an OK level when he is 20 :P
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=575983
His name is pretty cool though 8)
Shaggy go to the forums and ask how long it will take a reas SA to pop in primary. It will take 10+ weeks.
That is what they seem to think at least.
Why won't he need power? He will take longer than McIntyre to make runs with no power -____-

DazBurg

not a bad youth pull this week his 17 but rated 22,633

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=575993

good power for 17 and gifted fielding  ;)

8-6 Suited

He will still be a bottom order batsmen, but can bat higher than last without it. He isn't supposed to be an opener or top order batsman guys.

Plus, its your fast bowlers you want at your tail because you need the secondaries, not batting for them. You have to have your spinners with some sort of batting. Capable would do him fine. As I said, by 26 you can have that done. And by Spec/Spec, I meant Outs/Outs. :P

Alex7089

Doubt it...
He would need 4 pops in primaries, a pop in tech, double pop+ in fielding and then a pop in fielding. He is good but that will take ages...

CrowsFan

Only training worth noting are these:
17 Oct 2010     Maxwell Treanor     Power     average     reasonable
17 Oct 2010    Rhett Maloney    Bowling    ordinary    average
17 Oct 2010    Jeff Mathers    Bowling    ordinary    average

CrowsFan

When you recruit a player is it better to say general or specify?

This is the player I recruited this week. Pretty average, but can hopefully get him good

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=576027

cookie311993

general finds you the player based on overall ability. Others find you a player with teh specified area

Alex7089

The rules seem to suggest that general is when the scout just goes out and brings back the best player he can find, All rounder is when they look for someone with OK stats in everything ut they will be lower than when specified.

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on October 18, 2010, 12:36:02 PM
The rules seem to suggest that general is when the scout just goes out and brings back the best player he can find, All rounder is when they look for someone with OK stats in everything ut they will be lower than when specified.
well i went with general from UAE was tempted to do a batter but thought general cuz as u say as far as i have read in the forum's and rules that general they bring back the best player aswell and thats why i went general and paid off i'm very happy with my pull this week