Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

But the thread is iconic Alex!

Welcome back Nrich and welcome aboard KC :D. I'd take a read of the game manual KC, alot of info to take in but pretty much covers the basics well.

And nice ratings Torpy, 230k :o :o. I haven't rated that in seasons :(. As for my team, I have 1 player I bought as a senior (my 32 y.o Keeper now) while the rest are youth pulls or bought when 16 :D. Double Division 1 with them 8).

AFEV

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 07, 2014, 11:42:41 PM
But the thread is iconic Alex!
It's a relic. :P
I don't see why we couldn't have a new discussion megathread and archive/unsticky this one, it would still be there if people want to relive the good ol' days.

PowerBug

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 07, 2014, 11:27:44 PM
Decided to give this a crack, fairly confusing to begin with.
Oh hi there, I missed this post. Yes very confusing, give me until Friday to have a new newbie guide up. I attempted at making something Last Summer, but it never really got going.

Read the game manual in spare time, click some random buttons, ask questions, and don't listen to Nails :)
(Nails is gonna hate me, goo thing he's less active around here, might miss it)

The next thing on my list is to rename those U19 Squad threads, then Archive them. So they are easily accessible if anyone wants to find them. Then it'll be a navigation page which I'll sticky. Then plans on doing a FF XI next season, definitely seniors, maybe youths (But strong youth farms might make it boring)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Hellopplz

Quote from: AFEV on December 07, 2014, 11:22:59 PM
Opinions on whether I can fix the experience on this battler in my divisions? I'm reluctant to push hard in the PC until I am in double D1 as it has potentially cost me double promotion this season from only going to R3...
Average experience at 21 is on the low side but I've worked with guys from Ordinary at 20 (far from ideal), won't even get to anything huge but the higher their experience goes, the lesser effect it has on performances. So probably after Outs/Spec, there isn't a huge change in performances caused by it, so think he's worth it if you wanted to continue with him.

Even if you're double D1, don't both with a PC run unless you have the insane squad depth. I've tried before, made it to round 4/5/6, but screw my leagues up to ruin promotion or chances of staying up. So I haven't even attempted a run a few rounds in in like 10 seasons.

PowerBug

My best PC runs came when I wasn't in Div 1 and I could afford to rest players to get me by those early weeks. Now I just play the 2nd stringers and hope for the best. Got blokes which only managed 3 matches this season :\

AFEV

Nails hates everyone PB, I wouldn't worry too much. :P

Hellopplz

I hate youth farms, don't allow my beasts in cause not as beastly as their's ;D.

Same PB, it's annoying for the future of those guys since can't get the XP into them early... I'm having this problem with a few bowlers and a batter of mine, I try to play them when I need to rest some players who are getting on in age.

JBs-Hawks

Considering turning my youth farm into a seniors squad. Not like HB but more so just with the players i currently have in my system as they are all spread nicely over the 4 ages of youths atm.

Kellogscrunchynut

Thanks PB I've found management style games that are simple to pick up are often lacking depth and the more in depth the better.

PowerBug

This game is pretty good when it comes to depth. There is always something you could be doing.

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 07, 2014, 11:55:31 PM
Same PB, it's annoying for the future of those guys since can't get the XP into them early... I'm having this problem with a few bowlers and a batter of mine, I try to play them when I need to rest some players who are getting on in age.
Bowlers are tougher than batsmen for me. Can play a weaker batsman, especially in T20, where you don't really need the number 6/7. I recently found out that one of my players took 3.5 seasons for an experience pop, I think that's where an issue lies haha.

CrowsFan

All players now up for sale - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=542

By the way anyone feel like a friendly against the today. Would be nice to see what I could rate with them before selling them off...

Hellopplz

Quote from: PowerBug on December 08, 2014, 11:21:24 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 07, 2014, 11:55:31 PM
Bowlers are tougher than batsmen for me. Can play a weaker batsman, especially in T20, where you don't really need the number 6/7. I recently found out that one of my players took 3.5 seasons for an experience pop, I think that's where an issue lies haha.
Wow, 3.5 seasons :o. Think the ones I lack getting game time into take like 1.5-2 seasons, so trying to get some more into them to pop like a bit after a season hopefully. The bowlers the big problem as in Division 1, can't afford to rest a guy like Harrison Morgan for my younger FM who could use the XP. But my 5th bowling spot is open (as sold off an older bowler this season), so that's being shared between my two younger ones. Next season gets trickier as have an AR and a Fasty coming up as well :(.

AFEV

Quote from: Honey Badger on December 08, 2014, 11:58:47 AM
All players now up for sale - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=542

By the way anyone feel like a friendly against the today. Would be nice to see what I could rate with them before selling them off...
Sent you one CF. :)

AFEV

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 08, 2014, 12:11:41 PM
Next season gets trickier as have an AR and a Fasty coming up as well :(.
You poor tortured soul. :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: AFEV on December 08, 2014, 01:09:08 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on December 08, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

Sent you one CF. :)
Well thanks for then organising one with someone else :P