Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Thanks for the tips lads. I will train up those secondary skills as well especially endurance and fielding.

I'm guessing the huge win is due to me starting in the lowest division against a few inactive spuds.

I can't fire Bromburg and Evan yet as i only have 12 players in my senior squad. Or can I?

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on December 01, 2014, 04:06:37 AM
Nails been closer to winning senior division one than powerbug.  Nails is boss
How close have you gotten? Because I have a chance of taking a Div 1 title this season :) Albeit with some pretty flukey luck, the top side is an affiliate team which apparently expires in a few days. I'm two matches behind him and with similar NRR, so I'd overtake if I win the last two matches and he loses :D

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 02, 2014, 02:30:13 PM
I'm guessing the huge win is due to me starting in the lowest division against a few inactive spuds.

I can't fire Bromburg and Evan yet as i only have 12 players in my senior squad. Or can I?
The teams which are grey, are computer controlled, or "bots" as you'll commonly hear them referred to as. Basically they are an auto-win, but a few of us (me included) have managed to completely stuff it up and lose to a bot.

Bromburg and Evan are in your youth squad, and you have 16 of them, so yes you can fire them :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

stew42

This match decides who will win the division. Going well until I lost Harris, then the 20th over happened. Boundary Hitter is the best :D

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=2839099

AFEV

My OD league will be by far the closest finish I've ever had in over 4 years of playing this game.
Currently there are 5 teams tied for first position! All of these 5 teams boast a record of 8-4, and NRR ranging from 0.5-1.2.

I am currently sitting 1st with a .16 NRR advantage over the second team, and .19 over third.

In the final two weeks I'll play 2nd and 5th, if I win both I am confident I can hold my NRR advantage and finally promote to D1 OD. :) About time.

Unfortunately 12 wins and a draw will see me finish second in T20 *sigh*.

CrowsFan

Ok so I have once again missed out on promotion to div 1 in Netherlands with my affiliate squad. The team runs out in just under 20 days and I can't be bothered extending it, so I'll be selling all the players.

If there is anyone that you are particularly interested in I can list them at a requested time, otherwise I'm just going to list them in the next day or so...

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/seniors.htm?teamId=542

PowerBug

I think you'll find you can't list them if your affiliate has under 1 month to expiry.

12 wins a draw! shower that's unlucky

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on December 06, 2014, 08:10:27 PM
I think you'll find you can't list them if your affiliate has under 1 month to expiry.

12 wins a draw! shower that's unlucky
I hate that you can't list when your affiliate is set to expire. I understand why you wouldn't be able to with under 3 days left, but aside from that it is only going to cause NAT players to be lost to affiliates that aren't renewed, and serve no other real purpose that I can see.

And yeah, at SOS I thought 12 wins would promote me, but nope, other guy will finish 13 wins and a draw, behind me on NRR too, so I was basically 1 run from promotion.

PowerBug

Yeah not sure what the reason is behind that, I'm fairly sure it's a month, could be wrong though.

Well that just sucks then :(

AFEV

It is a month, I've renewed my affiliate the last two years purely to preserve UAE players... :P

CrowsFan

Well just listed Bandula Harding, so looks like I still can.

So if any of you want a specific player let me know and I will list them...

PowerBug

Good man, list the Sri Lankan whilst you can :D

PowerBug

You find some interesting stuff when sifting through old threads. This is kinda relevant:

Quote from: BratPack on January 10, 2012, 12:58:52 AM
There are 2 rules you should know at this point

1) Have Fun
2) Don't listen to anything Nails has to say  :P

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 10, 2012, 01:10:04 AM
A sub clause of rule 2 is
2.1) especially when it comes to him trying to sell you his players

This came from Torp's introduction thread lol

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 07, 2014, 07:36:06 PM
You find some interesting stuff when sifting through old threads. This is kinda relevant:

Quote from: BratPack on January 10, 2012, 12:58:52 AM
There are 2 rules you should know at this point

1) Have Fun
2) Don't listen to anything Nails has to say  :P

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 10, 2012, 01:10:04 AM
A sub clause of rule 2 is
2.1) especially when it comes to him trying to sell you his players

This came from Torp's introduction thread lol
I've followed those rules so far,  :P

PowerBug

Certainly tough not to have fun in this game! Although it can be frustrating when not winning. Did you end up winning the important SOD game on Friday?

Torpedo10

The Vigilantes   Torpedo's Titans
Batting - Top Order   12,582   13,664
Batting - Middle Order   8,933   11,723
Batting - Tail   4,637   6,042
Bowling - Seam   12,200 (20)   11,880 (20)
Bowling - Spin   13,466 (30)   13,267 (30)
Fielding/Keeping   14,534   15,834
Overall   208,372   230,740

Won by 7 wickets, look forward to next season.  :D...IN DIV 2.