Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

My first ever youth pull.

Any good? He seems pretty handy compared to the rest of my team.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1616421

Hellopplz

Unlock him Memph otherwise only you'll be able to see his skills. so down on the right side of the page should be an option to reveal his skills to other managers.

Going off what is visible looks like a very nice pull! Ratings, wage, talents and XP look solid enough (especially ratings for him being a 16 y.o).

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 01, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
Unlock him Memph otherwise only you'll be able to see his skills. so down on the right side of the page should be an option to reveal his skills to other managers.

Going off what is visible looks like a very nice pull! Ratings, wage, talents and XP look solid enough (especially ratings for him being a 16 y.o).

Ah okay done.

He's definitely better than any of the other kids I had in my youth academy (though I've since since a stack more).

Hey another question - should I be looking to play 6 batsman + keeper + 4 bowlers or 5 batsman + keeper + 5 bowlers or should be looking to play 5 batsman + allrounder + keeper + 4 bowlers.

I now currently have an almost new team bought on the cheap ($1000-$10,000 pickups). Mostly of youth players who were better than my original squad.

Going to throw them in to the deep end and give them first team experience from now. A lot are 19 so will be in the senior squad soon anyway when the season ends.

Hellopplz

Yeah the pull should be great for your youths! Train him as a batter and his secondaries (endurance, fielding and power) are already at a good level for a youth :D.

Nice call with buying 19 y.os as they'll be coming cheap! Should be able to get Rel/Rel skilled guys (Bat or Bowl and Tech) within that range since coming to the end of the season, best way to buy a team for cheap.

Always have to play 5 guys who can bowl, handy if you have an AR otherwise can do just fine with just plain bowlers. If you do have a bowler and an AR to choose from, then can look at the pitch/bowling types of them/form/etc to choose who to play. But I usually go 5 Batters + 1 Keeper + 5 Bowlers when I don't have an AR available.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 01, 2014, 01:12:38 PM
Yeah the pull should be great for your youths! Train him as a batter and his secondaries (endurance, fielding and power) are already at a good level for a youth :D.

Nice call with buying 19 y.os as they'll be coming cheap! Should be able to get Rel/Rel skilled guys (Bat or Bowl and Tech) within that range since coming to the end of the season, best way to buy a team for cheap.

Always have to play 5 guys who can bowl, handy if you have an AR otherwise can do just fine with just plain bowlers. If you do have a bowler and an AR to choose from, then can look at the pitch/bowling types of them/form/etc to choose who to play. But I usually go 5 Batters + 1 Keeper + 5 Bowlers when I don't have an AR available.

Okay sweet thanks. I think I need one more batter as the best player in my initial squad was an allrounder who I might use for now in that spot.

I'm not quite sure what to do about a captain though. The youths don't have much experience and my read of it is you want the most experienced guy with good captaincy skill. Wondering if I should retain one of the older blokes as captain for next season?

Hellopplz

For Captains I tend to go for the highest captaincy level, then look at Experience. Captains also take in a little more fatigue than others so Endo is a slight factor for me.

However when building my team, it's probably the last thing I look at (may be different for others though). Don't sacrifice team strength to play a guy with a captaincy level of like 2-3 levels higher when the rest of his skills are worse than who you would have played. And if you're on the market buying players, I'm sure you'll find a guy with Accom+ Captaincy who also has some good skills to back it up!

BratPack

Quote from: The BeDazzler on December 01, 2014, 07:24:11 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2014, 09:39:52 PM
I am better than Ash at his own game.

ME:
Senior One Day One Day 1.1
Rankings Country: 6, World: 35

Ash:
Senior One Day One Day 1.1
Rankings Country: 3, World: 37

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.

gotta say PB
it doesn't bother me that i didn't get a mention
but to actual mention
BP over me??? :O :O :O

edit: quick everyone out of the room his head will expand due to his ego growing and we will suffocate...lol

PowerBug

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.

gotta say PB
but to actual mention

edit: quick everyone out of the room his head will expand due to his ego growing and we will suffocate...lol
Oops, my bad :\ Yeah listen to Daz aswell. Pretty muh everyone except Nails and Torp, they are in their own little worlds when it comes to this game.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

Don't listen to Powerbug. Listen to everyone but Daz  ;) He's only relevant cause of one player that I should have stolen from him

DazBurg

Quote from: BratPack on December 01, 2014, 08:14:29 PM
Don't listen to Powerbug. Listen to everyone but Daz  ;) He's only relevant cause of one player that I should have stolen from him
pffftt Ritula is plopping like mad but Yaseen is a beast
got a few other ones coming along nicely and got some beast youths coming through :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 01, 2014, 07:59:21 PM

gotta say PB
but to actual mention

Oops, my bad :\ Yeah listen to Daz aswell. Pretty muh everyone except Nails and Torp, they are in their own little worlds when it comes to this game.
You're insane.

Memphistopheles

Ah okay so it looks like my transfers have paid off.

In my first game and I made 3-252 off 20 overs  :o.

That seems a bit excessive. And then I have them 4-17.

Memphistopheles

HAHAHA What the flower is going on here.

One of my guys just took a hat-trick and they are now are all out for 36.

B Hunter with 5-7 off 3.1 overs.

PowerBug

Lucky you :P I think 258 is my highest score in a T20.

Fielding is very important in this game, don't neglect it in training, or when making purchases. You can also fire Roger Bromburg, and Jayde Evan, they aren't valuable at all.

Keep the rest of your 16/17yo's, and slowly add to them throught your weekly Youth Pulls. There really is no point in buying youths early on. (Those 19yo's you have bought I am calling seniors, as it's nearly the end of the season and they will be seniors then)

Remember for skills, reliable/reliable at the minimum, and they need to have secondaries (That being fielding, endurance and power). Fielding at reasonable, the other two around ordinary. That sort of player shouldn't cost you more than 10k.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Hellopplz

Reckon push the Endurance minimum up to at least Average, since they will be playing two games a week next season.

And huge win Memph to kick off your time :o :o.