Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 30, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2014, 09:27:00 PM
Yeah Cookie, I remember my 2nd term in charge we failed to qualify for the OD WC as well (just missed out by a few points). Wow, it's been almost 2 years (real time). It has been ages.

I left you with no resources? :o I haven't been around the scene for at least over a year, can't say I was the cause of that :-X. Scotland has always had a smaller pool and not many youth farms for the beast players like some other countries :(. But saying I left you with no resources is like taking a shot at me :(.
Well you didn't develop the 20-24yos :P Nah all good, we can fight back.  8)
I actually kept an eye out on like about 5 per level as well as found out about some youths :P. Also tried getting you guys to message managers but you only did it so I had to basically do the other two assistants' share... Also tried opening a forum which nobody got into :P. And even then the 20 y.o's back then are 27 now, and majority of them you don't really notice at the time because they can spring out of nowhere in Seniors... I stepped aside cause time commitments and couldn't give my all to the job.

As cookie says, there isn't a huge community/active one at Scotland to stay major interested in it :(. Our U19 side is doing fantastic recently, yet still forums are like dead for them!

As for my clubs, need to lift them but Div 2 Youths and Div 1 for Seniors 8). Just pretty bad performances within them haha.

Cookie311993

If there was a community I doubt he would still be manager

Torpedo10

Quote from: Cookie311993 on November 30, 2014, 10:01:40 PM
How many Outs/Excep/Excep ARs do you have? We had to tour an Acom/Spec/Spec Fasty.

Memphistopheles

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Going to take me a while to figure things out. Thanks for the PM Torp (and whoever is Wolfpack :P) that's handy to know.

I have started in Australia. Not sure if this is a good idea or not?

What should I be looking to train people in to start?

And, also should I be looking to buy players to bolster my team initially or try and develop the guys I have. Most of my team seems pretty rubbish to be honest - my best player seems to be a woman haha as their name is Kylie.

Oh well, onwards and upwards from here.

AFEV

You can have success in whatever country, I just choose whichever has the best time slot for me. Australia has updates in at around 11-12 AM/PM if I remember correctly, if that suits stick to it.
It is much harder in Australia though, high level teams at the top, and more team meaning more divisions meaning you need to promote more to get to the higher leagues.

Definitely just turf your entire team and try and pick up reliable/reliable primary players (primaries are bat, bowl (whatever is applicable for the bowler/batsman/AR and technique).

Also suggest you read the game manual, it explains several intricacies of the game that we who have been playing the game for years take as commonplace and would forget to explain to you.

PowerBug

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 30, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

Going to take me a while to figure things out. Thanks for the PM Torp (and whoever is Wolfpack :P) that's handy to know.

And, also should I be looking to buy players to bolster my team initially or try and develop the guys I have. Most of my team seems pretty rubbish to be honest - my best player seems to be a woman haha as their name is Kylie.

There's so many different ways to play the game, and there'll be so many different opinions. For example, people will say focus on seniors only, and sell any good youths you have. Others will say hold onto your youths, and don't spend money on buying them. Others suggest starting with 16 year old and owning them through to 30. The odd person suggests buying old players straight away, spend nothing on academies and try and promote quickly.

And yes, ALL of your current senior line-up goes, you can keep a minimum of 12 players in each squad at any time, so start firing them. To fire them go on the player profile, the button is on the right.

Another thing which is useful (to those helping you) is to reveal the skills of all your players. Office -> My Profile and the "Reveal/Hide Player Skills" link should be there. Reveal your players so we can see how good Kylie Plowman, Brett Inness and Heinrich Preen, the three players which MIGHT be worth holding onto.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 30, 2014, 10:15:29 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on November 30, 2014, 10:01:40 PM
How many Outs/Excep/Excep ARs do you have? We had to tour an Acom/Spec/Spec Fasty.
3 plus 1 who is beyond those levels. You don't have to him. I wouldn't

Memphistopheles

Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2014, 10:37:35 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 30, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

There's so many different ways to play the game, and there'll be so many different opinions. For example, people will say focus on seniors only, and sell any good youths you have. Others will say hold onto your youths, and don't spend money on buying them. Others suggest starting with 16 year old and owning them through to 30. The odd person suggests buying old players straight away, spend nothing on academies and try and promote quickly.

And yes, ALL of your current senior line-up goes, you can keep a minimum of 12 players in each squad at any time, so start firing them. To fire them go on the player profile, the button is on the right.

Another thing which is useful (to those helping you) is to reveal the skills of all your players. Office -> My Profile and the "Reveal/Hide Player Skills" link should be there. Reveal your players so we can see how good Kylie Plowman, Brett Inness and Heinrich Preen, the three players which MIGHT be worth holding onto.

Player skills revealed :P

I'd probably prefer to go a mix of older and youth players. Maybe look to build an under 25 first team with a decent academy. Or is that not a great idea?

Looking at the players available on the transfer list for such cheap prices I'm not sure any of my guys are worth holding on to.

JBs-Hawks

your best is to buy a whole bunch of accom/accom 20 yos

Memphistopheles

Okay here's another couple of questions for you.

Should I try and sell my players for just fire them?

And, is there any penalty for playing youths (under-20s) in my first team? Is it better to give them youth games or should I play them in the seniors if they are good enough?

Hellopplz

Your seniors are likely not worth selling (costs 1k to sell them). Youths though a different matter cause expected to be lower levels, so some may be able to be sold off. But Seniors fire down to 12 and then as you buy better players, can fire off the old ones.

No penalty for playing U19s in Senior matches (One Day and T20 ones), except they'll take a bigger fatigue hit after the match. If it goes below Moderate I think it was, they start getting penalised for training (can read about it in the game manual!). But the upside is that they'll get more experience for playing senior matches.

Memphistopheles

Legend thanks mate.

Time to fire some useless players :P

Hellopplz

And Financial updates are on Monday each week. Depending where you are (e.g. Australia) it'll be at different times of the day. This is when wages and academy investments are taken for the week.

You also have youth training on a Monday as well as the ability to pull (draft) a youth player for free once a week. There is stuff that happens most days so that'd be detailed in the game manual. T20 games on Tuesdays, Youth games on Wednesdays and SODs on Fridays!

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2014, 09:39:52 PM
I am better than Ash at his own game.

ME:
Senior One Day One Day 1.1
Rankings Country: 6, World: 35

Ash:
Rankings Country: 3, World: 37

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.

Nails been closer to winning senior division one than powerbug.  Nails is boss

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2014, 09:39:52 PM
I am better than Ash at his own game.

ME:
Rankings Country: 6, World: 35

Ash:
Rankings Country: 3, World: 37

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.

gotta say PB
it doesn't bother me that i didn't get a mention
but to actual mention
BP over me??? :O :O :O

edit: quick everyone out of the room his head will expand due to his ego growing and we will suffocate...lol