Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Hey guys, now when I was in charge of Scotland we got a World Cup victory. Think that makes it a good place to come for at least another 4 more seasons!!

Yeah, good to get a mentor like JB when you start. Also have a bunch of guys on here to help if needed and I'm happy to help as well! Can always make your own thread so you can ask questions and anybody who sees it can help :).

The game manual is a long read, can probably read parts of it as you go along, but it is quite a help when it comes to say prizemoney earned from divisions, pitches/weather as well as what trains what. But your start up team is usually pretty shower, so gotta hit the transfer market in order to improve the team (while firing off the lesser guys). And don't go spending so much straight up on one or two players!! Improve your team altogether (maybe with 1-5k buys for each player), then can start splurging a bit more once you have a decent base to start for the team!

Very quick rundown here.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2014, 07:10:58 PM
Hey guys, now when I was in charge of Scotland we got a World Cup victory. Think that makes it a good place to come for at least another 4 more seasons!!

Yeah, good to get a mentor like JB when you start. Also have a bunch of guys on here to help if needed and I'm happy to help as well! Can always make your own thread so you can ask questions and anybody who sees it can help :).

The game manual is a long read, can probably read parts of it as you go along, but it is quite a help when it comes to say prizemoney earned from divisions, pitches/weather as well as what trains what. But your start up team is usually pretty shower, so gotta hit the transfer market in order to improve the team (while firing off the lesser guys). And don't go spending so much straight up on one or two players!! Improve your team altogether (maybe with 1-5k buys for each player), then can start splurging a bit more once you have a decent base to start for the team!

Very quick rundown here.
It was a long time ago that you won the cup Hp. End of season 18 you won the cup. Scotland hasn't qualified for the Nat world cup since. Which is bad news for torp, as he has been manager all that time. Plus they have failed to qualify for the T20 world cup at the end of this season. They are also currently ranked last in SOD. If you like a challenge, go to Scotland, if you like success, don't

BratPack

Or wait a bit and observe me more than likely crash UAE's U19s right into the side of a mountain next season. :P

Torpedo10

We've been severely unlucky and our squad is well below everyone else. We have been appalling though. HP left me with no resources whatsoever.  >:(

Hellopplz

Yeah Cookie, I remember my 2nd term in charge we failed to qualify for the OD WC as well (just missed out by a few points). Wow, it's been almost 2 years (real time). It has been ages.

I left you with no resources? :o I haven't been around the scene for at least over a year, can't say I was the cause of that :-X. Scotland has always had a smaller pool and not many youth farms for the beast players like some other countries :(. But saying I left you with no resources is like taking a shot at me :(.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2014, 09:27:00 PM
Yeah Cookie, I remember my 2nd term in charge we failed to qualify for the OD WC as well (just missed out by a few points). Wow, it's been almost 2 years (real time). It has been ages.

I left you with no resources? :o I haven't been around the scene for at least over a year, can't say I was the cause of that :-X. Scotland has always had a smaller pool and not many youth farms for the beast players like some other countries :(. But saying I left you with no resources is like taking a shot at me :(.
Well you didn't develop the 20-24yos :P Nah all good, we can fight back.  8)

JBs-Hawks

Pfft UAE got the smallest pool of all and I have us sitting at #2 in the world in U19s ;)

Torpedo10

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 30, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
Pfft UAE got the smallest pool of all and I have us sitting at #2 in the world in U19s ;)
Ash, Dz, Heppa guarantee you three stars a season.  :P

PowerBug

I am better than Ash at his own game.

ME:
Senior One Day One Day 1.1
Rankings Country: 6, World: 35

Ash:
Rankings Country: 3, World: 37

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

JBs-Hawks

How does Ash, dz and heppa = 3 stars every year?

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 30, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
We've been severely unlucky and our squad is well below everyone else. We have been appalling though. HP left me with no resources whatsoever.  >:(
You have had 4+ seasons in charge, plus you were his assistant. Sounds like you need to shoulder majority of the blame.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2014, 09:39:52 PM

ME:

Ash:

Welcome Memph, don't listen to Torp or Nails, whatever you do. As general questions on here, guys like Honey Badger, JB, BratPack, cookie and Valk that are actually good will help you out.
I may not have performed at the National level, but so far neither have you.  :P

I still know my stuff, yeah I do take most of the blame Cookie.

I've got a fairly better club structure than a few of you guys.  :)

JBs-Hawks

Club structure? You cant get out of Div 3 :P

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 30, 2014, 09:47:04 PM

ME:

Ash:

I may not have performed at the National level, but so far neither have you.  :P

Lucky for you Scotland doesn't have a community

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 30, 2014, 09:47:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHA You did not just say that first line wow... I was NRR away from promoting in all three of my tours. I only had 5 batsmen on the 2nd one... and I asked my assistants to take one match from me in the first one (Never happening again)

Not to mention I haven't been touring our 30yo's at all, unlike you. (What have you got this season, 4 wins of 15)

Your club structure is alright I guess, pay way too much in your YA though.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 30, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
Club structure? You can get out of Div 3 :P
He said structure, not ability to set orders and actually make the most of it. ;)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126