Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

If your training youths to then sell at their 20th birthday then yes you need to be smart but if you are training youths to go onto your senior team then there is no great art to it.

Cookie311993

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 20, 2014, 05:51:20 PM
If your training youths to then sell at their 20th birthday then yes you need to be smart but if you are training youths to go onto your senior team then there is no great art to it.

Couldn't agree more. Youth farms train to sell for profit. Whatever makes the most money. Training youths for your seniors, train them the way you want

Cookie311993

@Nails. Your recent purchase of Samuel Gibbs, is flowering hilarious. I have never seen someone waste so much money on a worthless player

Nails

I got angry at the spud outbidding my agent so threw in one last bid  :-[

Gifted technique should make him turn out okay in the long run. Seen lesser fasties go for more.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2014, 06:47:12 PM
I got angry at the spud outbidding my agent so threw in one last bid  :-[

Gifted technique should make him turn out okay in the long run. Seen lesser fasties go for more.

Doubt it. Dreadful endurance yuck.

Master Q

Nails' awful purchases seem to be the best part of the game right now.

The rest of the forum pretty much agrees  :-X

Nails

Meh, he'll be okay. He'll sell for 10mil if I sold at 20. rel/rel fasties worth 40mil these days.

AFEV

I can't wait to sell Aliyy at 20 when he's outs/outs then.
:P

You should get a mentor nails.

Master Q

Nails, happy to put up some of my atrocious/atrocious 16 y.o for 500k if you'd be interested in any of them?

But don't worry, they all have relevant talents and a few have great captaincy  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
From what I've heard from like every manager here they just do field > reas (PB)/cap (CF) then mostly prims rest of it :-X

My guys will be studs.
I'm disappointed that you don't know my fielding requirements Nails. :'(

Of my 15 youths, 1 has ordinary (16yo wk 1 pull, training it), 1 has reasonable (wk 0 pull, training it), 12 have capable (surprise!), and 1 has reliable (Hankey, coz he's a lad)

Livera will likely have accomplished fielding before the end of the season I think.

Meanwhile in SOD:
End of over 33 (6 runs) - PowerBugCC(163-4). 76 runs required from 17 overs. RR 4.94 RRR 4.47
W. Lilly 7-0-56-0, K. Horton 40 (54b), W. Wardlaw 70 (87b)

Still got my Keeper and All Rounder to come. (Humid/Uneven)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2014, 05:07:11 PM
Better a goodun goes to me than goes to him and risks ending up at a lavish YA.
I've trained Senior worthy players + U19 Nats in Lavish YA for how many seasons ;).

Master Q

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on June 20, 2014, 08:10:59 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
From what I've heard from like every manager here they just do field > reas (PB)/cap (CF) then mostly prims rest of it :-X

My guys will be studs.
I'm disappointed that you don't know my fielding requirements Nails. :'(

Of my 15 youths, 1 has ordinary (16yo wk 1 pull, training it), 1 has reasonable (wk 0 pull, training it), 12 have capable (surprise!), and 1 has reliable (Hankey, coz he's a lad)

Livera will likely have accomplished fielding before the end of the season I think.

Meanwhile in SOD:
End of over 33 (6 runs) - PowerBugCC(163-4). 76 runs required from 17 overs. RR 4.94 RRR 4.47
W. Lilly 7-0-56-0, K. Horton 40 (54b), W. Wardlaw 70 (87b)

Still got my Keeper and All Rounder to come. (Humid/Uneven)

To paraphrase you on facebook

"train him to reasonable fielding then stick him on primaries for ages" - PB about Luke Grimes. Based it off what you suggested for my youth we were discussing.

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 20, 2014, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: Nails on June 20, 2014, 05:07:11 PM
Better a goodun goes to me than goes to him and risks ending up at a lavish YA.
I've trained Senior worthy players + U19 Nats in Lavish YA for how many seasons ;).

But they'd be even BETTER in Deluxe ;). Not saying Lavish isn't good, just over 10 seasons in a senior academy it ends up making quite a difference.

BratPack

Just look at my team, Zia plus every one of the Dutch players bar Cuppens  are my babies. And Nidheesh is a combo of Valk's YA and mine and I've already been told as long as I work Endurance and Fielding he'll be in the NAT squad by the time he's 27...probably 26

Torpedo10

Quote from: BratPack on June 21, 2014, 10:42:16 AM
Just look at my team, Zia plus every one of the Dutch players bar Cuppens  are my babies. And Nidheesh is a combo of Valk's YA and mine and I've already been told as long as I work Endurance and Fielding he'll be in the NAT squad by the time he's 27...probably 26
Dutch  :P