Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

With prodigy should be okay-ish. Fielding will train fast enough.

Isn't it like 3 weeks for fielding @ 16yo? With prodigy will be like 3 pops for like 8 weeks or something. Not too bad, still gets 3-4 weeks on primary training and that's like worst case.

I still think dread power is a real killer. You're not really training that until 25-26yo so you're going to be getting (in my case where I'm taking through to seniors) showerty output for a good 10 seasons on a fast bowler with dread power. Whereas at least if it's poor field and like ord power you're going to fix the fielding straight away and it won't be an issue for 10 seasons. Granted ord/poor power is nothing to rave about, but it's still a bit better than dread.

IDK maybe I should aim for higher fielding IDK.

PowerBug

Maybe you should learn to youth squad first.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

AFEV

Re: fielding.
Prodigy in a deluxe academy, gains 500 points/week.
Of course not all of that is not in fielding, but every 2-3 weeks you're popping. I'd say 3 in 8 is about the mark, my fella got 2 in 4 (ave-->cap).

But this is where your academy will flower you nails, deluxe in x weeks okay, but that means you're spending a much larger amount of time on that fielding, which is wasted ratings that could've been in prims.

The UAE fella is much, much better. The less things to fix, the better.

Also, nails, power is like, literally the thing you ignore on a 16 y.o. Fielding, prims, endo = important.
Unless it's atrocious. Don't buy a player with an atrocious skill that they use. Evar.

Nails

Meh, at least I'm not paying 1.365mil. I'll be able to buy a gun with my spare 1.1mil :D

AFEV

JB did get a gun.
You got a meh and -200k. :P

I think that's the argument. But yes, at least this mistake is a small one when you consider your bank account.

Nails

tbh I don't think his player is really a gun. Dread power = takes 3 seasons of training before he's any good.

For youths my guy will be worse, but it's only 2 levels of secondary training. So he has like 5 weeks ahead of me... not the biggest deal ever.

1.1mil+ is a lot of money :-X

AFEV

Doesn't take 3 seasons of power training before an ordinary power player is good?
Difference is with the extra other things, JBs guy will be on power a lot earlier than yours, and bridge the gap and just flat out be better.

1.1 is a lot of money indeed, hopefully you spend what you've 'saved' wisely. ;)

Cookie311993

In a couple of seasons, my affiliate will be doing this. Will be interesting to see how I go being a youth farm for a couple of seasons

AFEV

Quote from: Cookie311993 on June 15, 2014, 12:55:04 AM
In a couple of seasons, my affiliate will be doing this. Will be interesting to see how I go being a youth farm for a couple of seasons
I've basically just started this with my affiliate, even though it has been sitting there for ages.
So far, it's mostly painful, but I'm learning on the fly and it's a hell of a lot more fun than seniors for me at the moment.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Sid on June 15, 2014, 01:01:25 AM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on June 15, 2014, 12:55:04 AM
I've basically just started this with my affiliate, even though it has been sitting there for ages.
So far, it's mostly painful, but I'm learning on the fly and it's a hell of a lot more fun than seniors for me at the moment.

I have been a youth farm since I created it. I have been trying hard to avoid buying players and just train and sell, and increase my bank account

PowerBug

I hate all you youth farmers. :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2014, 12:52:03 PM
I hate all you youth farmers. :P
I know right, as a home-grown team, we just can't compete with your beasts :P.

PowerBug

Well, I've got both my sides through to Round 3 in the Cup, better than you farming cheats. :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2014, 05:25:15 PM
Well, I've got both my sides through to Round 3 in the Cup, better than you farming cheats. :P
Please explain how I am a cheat?

PowerBug

Quote from: Honey Badger on June 15, 2014, 07:17:17 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 15, 2014, 05:25:15 PM
Please explain how I am a cheat?
Just stirring the pot. ;)