Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auscoyote

Wow, why didn't i know this existed years ago.(Love my cricket too)

Logged on last night for the first time and got allocated a team. Both teams are pretty crap i think, no guns to speak of.
Had a youth match comiming upin 1 hour. Half way through a season and on no wins at all from both teams :o , so without doing hardly any reading of the destructions i jumped straight to trading to fix my youth side. :-[

Lets just say it was more complex than i thought it would be after having a read today  :P My side got thrashed by 8 wickets and i ended up with some stupid trades and only 50k. Moral of the story, get the general idea of all the variables and rules first.

Looks great though, just wished i knew about it in Feb at start of season and more time on my hands to work it all out :)

Nails

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 09, 2014, 12:03:13 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Keep bidding Torp!
Eh, I won't go that high.

FFS Kid, get your arse back to bidding

Quote from: auscoyote on April 09, 2014, 07:28:27 PM
Wow, why didn't i know this existed years ago.(Love my cricket too)

Logged on last night for the first time and got allocated a team. Both teams are pretty crap i think, no guns to speak of.
Had a youth match comiming upin 1 hour. Half way through a season and on no wins at all from both teams :o , so without doing hardly any reading of the destructions i jumped straight to trading to fix my youth side. :-[

Lets just say it was more complex than i thought it would be after having a read today  :P My side got thrashed by 8 wickets and i ended up with some stupid trades and only 50k. Moral of the story, get the general idea of all the variables and rules first.

Looks great though, just wished i knew about it in Feb at start of season and more time on my hands to work it all out :)

Yep, trading/spending money before you know the rules is a big, big mistake on FTP

Also if I were you I'd fix up my seniors first as they're the big money earners on FTP.

Justin Bieber

Haha Auscoyote, you aren't the first one to do that. But have some time to try and fix up the side before the new season, as Nails said, work on Seniors as that's where you can get the most cash from :).

This forum is great for help, so don't be shy to ask on here or others on the FTP forums!

Master Q

Absolutely tearing it up this season.

Team has finally hit their prime. The dream is T20 1.1 title now and promotion into SOD 1.1, and win that next season.

PowerBug

Tomorrow, 5:00 FTP time, is attempt number 24. Maybe it'll be lucky number 24 for Torp this time? The conditions are Hot/Sticky, and one thing that is going in his favour, is that this will also be William Campbell's farewell match, Torp can be the one to ruin it if he's good enough.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2014, 08:21:29 PM

Team has finally hit their prime. The dream is T20 1.1 title now and promotion into SOD 1.1, and win that next season.

You'll be helped if my affiliate doesn't promote. Sitting 2nd in OD and T20 after suffering some bullshower upsets.

Ranked 3rd in the country in T20 but stuck in div 2 for now. Hopefully we'll both be in div 1 next season across both senior comps.

Master Q

Quote from: Nails on April 09, 2014, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: Master Q on April 09, 2014, 08:21:29 PM

You'll be helped if my affiliate doesn't promote. Sitting 2nd in OD and T20 after suffering some bullshower upsets.

Ranked 3rd in the country in T20 but stuck in div 2 for now. Hopefully we'll both be in div 1 next season across both senior comps.
Meh.

My team > yours  :P

auscoyote

Thanks guys,

I was thinking it might be as simple as AF ;D
Little did i know haha :P It will give me something to sink my teeth into when i got time but my SC/DT/SB/AF might suffer.

Just quickly what would be ya top 5 tips.

I upgraded my youth Academy off the bat to try a snag a better pick for the immediate youth game ::) but that didn't really work straight away.However their must be merit in it, its just working out the math. Cant wait for my first expense sheet haha I will work on seniors now, Just missed out on graham gooch 20 yr old,(Bloody Chennai Superkings) he looked alright. So many variables, I like it but it will be a learning curve. Wish i had read the rules first  but happy to be a part of it ;D

auscoyote

I keep getting out bid damn it.

KoopKicka

Hey coyote. Link us youre team man. :) Also go Office > My Profile and reveal all your players skills so we can see if you have any good youngins. :)

BratPack

Quote from: Cookie311993 on April 08, 2014, 09:05:00 PM
Quote from: BratPack on April 08, 2014, 08:50:06 PM
Well this is a surprise. Look who's joined the NAT squad

Nidheesh - ok not so shocking but this next one is
Nithesh Lakhani
They have an under 23 friendly against us next week

Oh, well that explains it, I was surprised at Lakhani

stew42

Useful little pace attack I've got going in my youths. Got two in youth pulls, one purchased for nothing:

Donnell Hallebone - Silly name, but I'll bear it: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1360885
Owen Hendry - Bermudan equivalent of Glenn McGrath (one day) http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1360885
Trent Colegrave - Love this kid, got a classy 5fa today http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1360885

Justin Bieber

5 quick tips....

1. Read Game Rules/Instructions, trust me they are a big help (when you have the free time of course).
2. Get onto getting senior players over youths.
3. For 20 y.o's try and get Bat/Bowl and Tech skills of at least Rel/Rel (maybe one of them Capable since you lack some cash). Not a great standard but good for a start once you build up some cash again.
4. Don't upgrade Youth Academy anymore for now, gotta save the cash :P.
5. Secondaries are very helpful (as in Endurance, Experience, Fielding and Power depending on age of the player and if a Spinner or not). They also will increase the price of a player alot so when buying a 19/20 y.o, try to get Endurance/Fielding/Experience at Average (can lower it to Ordinary if they are going very cheap).

Standards are low since a new team, but once you make some cash, then can generally raise standard. Given I started my team years ago, so asking some of the newer guys on here how they got started and how they bought players, that will probably be more informative than me :).

Justin Bieber

Quote from: auscoyote on April 09, 2014, 11:40:11 PM
I keep getting out bid damn it.
You get use to it, it's even worse when you get sniped at the last minute and miss the deadline because you were out of forgot :P. So don't look into it too much if the guy still has a day or two to run, just wait til closer to deadline or whenever you can put in a bid closer to it, otherwise price may be driven up unnecessarily ;).

stew42

Oh, and buy this guy http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=920915
24yo, Rel/Rel/Rel medium pacer, Finisher