Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

Quote from: Cookie311993 on February 27, 2014, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on February 27, 2014, 05:40:18 PM
So last season when I was after the 16 year old guns I sent out a fair few messages to the guys who had players with the highest wages asking if they would sell (well first open skills to see if I was interested). Most replied to me, some did not. Today I received a response to one of the messages that I sent back on the 8th of November! That's right the 8th of November! It took the guy 112 days to respond saying he wasn't interested in selling! ::)

Ignorant or just inactive?

was going to say he might have not seen it but it's pretty hard not to see a coloured (1) message at the top of the screen for 112 days.

Justin Bieber

Hahahahahaha, hate when that happens HB but you kinda figure out the answer after a few weeks :P.

On a nice note for my side, we got our 3rd Senior Nat :). Not home grown, but been with the side since he was 21. http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=477769 Better late than never, although if he tours, my next best keeper is like 19... May try to find a new one and sell him off and cash in on that star :P.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 27, 2014, 09:15:21 PM
Hahahahahaha, hate when that happens HB but you kinda figure out the answer after a few weeks :P.
Haha yeah I had obviously forgotten I had sent him a message. He was an active user too, so not sure why he took so long, or why he bothered after all this time. And now I'm getting messages from others saying they have 16 year olds to sell me. Why won't people leave me alone?  :'(

Congrats on getting your third senior nat HP. I've only had 1 and that was for an U26 game, so really I don't think I can count it...

Cookie311993

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 27, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

On a nice note for my side, we got our 3rd Senior Nat :). Not home grown, but been with the side since he was 21. http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=477769 Better late than never, although if he tours, my next best keeper is like 19... May try to find a new one and sell him off and cash in on that star :P.

Congrats HP. I have 2 senior nats. Both of them I have trained from 20 year olds

Justin Bieber

Feels great when you're able to train them up yourself aye Cookie :D. Awesome you have 2 yourself :).

4th Senior I've had as Wilmink was first one a long time ago.

They missed the boat on selling 16 y.o's to you :P. At least you get messages :'(.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 28, 2014, 12:35:04 AM
Feels great when you're able to train them up yourself aye Cookie :D. Awesome you have 2 yourself :).

4th Senior I've had as Wilmink was first one a long time ago.

They missed the boat on selling 16 y.o's to you :P. At least you get messages :'(.

They are 27 and 26 year olds and have been in the nat side for a season. Quagmire for 2. Quagmire tours, Walsh is still waiting for his first senior nat

I found out yesterday that my 18 year old FS is in line for a nat spot next season. He will be the first youth I have trained up myself for nats

CrowsFan

Nice stuff cookie, always great to get a nat from someone you have pulled yourself :)

Just went through the stats and I have had 6 youth pulls who I have trained up to U19 nat level, then also another 3 I sold off but got to nat level :)
Plus then all the others I have bought and trained.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 28, 2014, 12:10:00 PM
Nice stuff cookie, always great to get a nat from someone you have pulled yourself :)

Just went through the stats and I have had 6 youth pulls who I have trained up to U19 nat level, then also another 3 I sold off but got to nat level :)

I had to buy him. I have a rel/cap medium 18 year old that isn't expected to make nats for Zimbabwe

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=550108

Pretty happy with my affiliate's new purchase :D

Don't think exp really makes a difference once at outs, so not even bothered by that part.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cookie311993 on February 28, 2014, 12:20:33 PM

I had to buy him. I have a rel/cap medium 18 year old that isn't expected to make nats for Zimbabwe
Well good enough start. You'll get a home pull one day :)

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 28, 2014, 04:41:23 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on February 28, 2014, 12:20:33 PM

Well good enough start. You'll get a home pull one day :)
Best home pulled player I have is Demetrious Johnson.

CrowsFan

I would have said your best is Antonio Welch

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on February 28, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
I would have said your best is Antonio Welch

Yeah. I was talking about my main side. For my affiliate I reckon Gomes is better. He has the red star

PowerBug

You're all gonna hate me when you see the ratings, but I lost by 1 wicket today, which means I got ripped off, regardless of what the ratings are.

Match Ratings
  Gaukrodger Academicals PowerBugCC
Batting - Top Order 13,552 10,200
Batting - Middle Order 10,911 10,713
Batting - Tail 6,410 4,370
Bowling - Seam 11,603 (40) 12,009 (40)
Bowling - Spin 12,033 (10) 12,123 (10)
Fielding/Keeping 14,731 13,751
Overall 219,725 198,180

Zahra with 6 wickets wasn't enough. he needed to bowl about 15 overs for me to win.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Carter Watts scored 152 today as an opener.  8)