Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Can somebody explain to me why I got so completely dominated in this match??

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=2698583

I choose a dry pitch because it is the worst pitch for him (only having 1 FS who is rubbish anyway), yet he manages to rip through my batting lineup bowling me out for just 142. I didn't go aggressive with the batting orders, most were on neutral with 2 of the top 6 defensive. Then he chases down the target in just 29 overs!

Cyber Sloggers    Fartland
Batting - Top Order    11,508    10,732
Batting - Middle Order    9,177    10,563
Batting - Tail    5,059    4,405
Bowling - Seam    12,506 (30)    12,886 (40)
Bowling - Spin    11,546 (20)    8,119 (10)
Fielding/Keeping    13,908    11,818
Overall    200,253    193,520

So pissed off right now! >:(

Master Q

JBs-Hawks

What happened to 14-0? :P

Torpedo10

JB, get a screenshot of you higher.than Q on the OD ladder, it won't happen again for awhile.

Master Q

PowerBug

And I'm annoyed after being outrated by 24k and losing.... Zahra did go for 78 runs and he bowled a 10 ball over so fair enough imo. Wouls've won had he taken 2/40 like I expect of him on conditions that suit him...
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

Quote from: valkorum on February 21, 2014, 01:42:05 PM
Going to be interesting on tour weeks as all 5 of my 19yo are in Nat squads.

I only have 2, Cunningham and Steven Huizenga (The tradition continues :P) but I also only currently have 12 youth players, so I need a decent YP quick

stew42

Read from the bottom up :P

Evil Weevils won by 1 wicket

P. Kaushal 8-0-63-1, C. Curtis 0 (0b), N. Iftikhar 26 (12b)
End of over 50 (18 runs) - Evil Weevils(287-9) RR 5.74
49.6 4 Kaushal to Iftikhar : [misfield] Walker puts a foot out but can't manage to stop the ball. Perhaps he should try using his hands next time?
49.5 2 Kaushal to Iftikhar : Lucky! That one flies off the outside edge and they'll pick up runs as third man comes around to field.
49.4 6 Kaushal to Iftikhar : That's gone like a tracer bullet over the fence at extra cover.
49.3 2 Kaushal to Iftikhar : Iftikhar got on top of the bounce well and guided the ball down to third man. Walker ran round to his right to field but isn't quick enough to stop a second run.
49.2 2 Kaushal to Iftikhar : Bracken calmly collects that one on the boundary, as Iftikhar adds two more to the total.
49.1 2 Kaushal to Iftikhar : Straight back down the wicket and they scamper through for 2.

M. Nielsen 10-0-48-2, N. Iftikhar 8 (6b), C. Curtis 0 (0b)
End of over 49 (3 runs) - Evil Weevils(269-9). 16 runs required from 1 overs. RR 5.49 RRR 16.00

Master Q

Introducing my latest purchase, (renamed to) Slim Shady

Nails

Started using a new tactic when buying players on FTP...

This guy outbid me so I sent him this message:

"Hey mate, I'm ugly and FTP is all I have left

Do you really want to continue to outbid me and take what little I have left in my life?"

PowerBug

You clever man lol

On a similar note, is it a dog move to tell your opponent you'll be throwing a match (PC) and then go out and not do it and hope they fall for it and play a weaker line up?
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

I reckon that'd be against the rules/get you in lots of trouble.

Master Q

People have done it before and caused lots of controversy.

Wouldn't say it against "the rules". Not in the spirit of the game though. If the guy you're playing sends you it, do you always go all out and rest your whole squad?

Cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on February 23, 2014, 08:50:09 PM
You clever man lol

On a similar note, is it a dog move to tell your opponent you'll be throwing a match (PC) and then go out and not do it and hope they fall for it and play a weaker line up?

I think thats a cow act

CrowsFan

Yeah dog act that. I am nice though and let a team know if I'm throwing the PC, and haven't lied yet.