Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

had my opening duo on aggressive vs the bot, one went for 71 Moore batted through 50 overs for 251 not out :)

A. Saraf 10-0-110-0, B. Moore 251 (150b), P. Patterjee 11 (3b)
End of over 50 (17 runs) - DodgeyOnes(492-3) RR 9.84

Opened with 2 best bowlers on his green pitch, a fast/med and a med, they were the only two to roll their arms

End of over 8 (1 run) - kolkata rises(13-10). 480 runs required from 42 overs. RR 1.62 RRR 11.43
A. Saraf 1 (3b), J. Dosanjh 3.2-1-5-4

DodgeyOnes won by 479 runs

just a bot but still vastly enjoyable   ;D

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on December 20, 2013, 07:09:28 PM
Two big nights of FTP for me

Playing Nails in SOD tonight which could cause a big shift in the table if I win (likely)
Then tomorrow night I play PB on the pitch of his choice (Uneven) to prove that my team is better; and I am the No.1 team on FF
ok mate. :P I got close to pulling off an upset, even though the end result doesn't show it. Had iuhhui 85/5 chasing 158 to win, then didn't take another wicket. :( My best bowlers going for 42 off 27 balls to lose me the game.... Not happy with that, and also the batting, but quite pleased overall considering the ratings. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Master Q

A. Powers 3-0-14-1, K. Bharucha 1 (3b), A. Lonergan 21 (36b)
End of over 15 (3 runs) - New Jersey Devils(65-1) RR 4.33

Huge match v Nails on a Slow. He has had a fast start but Austin Powers took his first wicket. I'm sure we'll see more from him  :P

PowerBug

ta daaaa, I knew it would happen soon enough, and glad it has happened in an important match too. Nails forgot to set orders for his match vs Q, and instead of a spec/spec finisher, there is a bowler batting at number 3. Despite all week going on about how his best bat was missing, and always talking about the match vs Q today, he still doesn't set orders.. I hope Nails loses my a tiny margain now just so that this mistake costs him the match, just for a laugh.

On your club page, your next 4 matches are shown, set orders for them! Always have the green tick on those clipboards, it's not very hard, and you can change orders as many times as you like, so if you happen to 'forget' on the day about setting orders, at least you know you set something a couple of days beforehand. And if that's too hard, have some half decent default orders.

In your face Nails. That is all.

/end rant

CrowsFan

I have my orders set for every single competitive match for the rest of the season 8)

PowerBug

same orders for each game? :P

I've set them for every game in the next 7 days, including friendlies. I'm on like all day eveyr day though so I check about 3 different orders pages every single day. :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on December 21, 2013, 12:08:37 AM
Nope. Got 14 players to get games in to, so developed a complicated spreadsheet to work out a way to give them all even playing time :)

Haven't set orders for our friendly game yet though...

Nails

Forgot to set orders vs. Q for my SOD match. It hurt more than normally as I think normally when I don't set orders my best bat is still in the lineup...

However impossible with him being on tour. I only ended up with a bowler batting at 3 (poor bat iirc) but other than that pretty standard orders. Therefore essentially 10.1 vs. 11

However my lack of orders didn't stop me!

SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs   New Jersey Devils
Batting - Top Order   12,990   10,426
Batting - Middle Order   10,228   8,603
Batting - Tail   3,536   4,261
Bowling - Seam   12,659 (20)   12,130 (30)
Bowling - Spin   13,271 (30)   12,931 (20)
Fielding/Keeping   15,234   13,768
Overall   214,316   192,459

End of over 47 (1 run) - SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs(193-10). 24 runs required from 3 overs. RR 4.11 RRR 8.00
V. Love 1 (5b), T. Khaleel 9-0-37-1
New Jersey Devils won by 23 runs

With my match ratings down ~20K on what they would be with a full strength squad I still managed to pull the win. Quite happy with it :)

My main chased down 249 today on a slow/sunny and my affiliate defended 216 also on a slow/sunny. Pretty proud coach today.

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 21, 2013, 12:15:25 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 21, 2013, 12:08:37 AM
Nope. Got 14 players to get games in to, so developed a complicated spreadsheet to work out a way to give them all even playing time :)

Haven't set orders for our friendly game yet though...

I used to do that when I first started my farm.  But now with 20+ players I cant be assed working it out :)

PowerBug

And Q calls himself the best on FF. :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on December 20, 2013, 09:00:50 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 20, 2013, 12:57:09 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 19, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
With prize money at an EOS you might get a few hundred thousand then theres also the chance when you get a big youth pull to make money. Even buying cheap Rel/Rel or Acc/Acc players and training them to Spec/Spec and selling will net you some nice profits. I try to upgrade one or two players every season with whatever cash i can inject
Yeah, Rel/Rel players can be trained to Spec/Spec by mid 20's fairly easily if you steadily rise your Senior Academy up. I'm surviving bringing up Rel/Rel 20 y.o's with a few beasts here and there at Acc/Acc.
Reli/reli is the way to go, because when you buy them at 16 they cost like 10k, and eventually they become that spec/spec you talk about. I'm getting slightly worried however, there's this 17yo I've got that is going to make it to expert/expert by the time he's 20! :O (That is, worried of the fact that I'm actually going to have a good player)
Beastly player if he can make it :o :o. Easy to progress those wages and cheap like you said 8).

And Nice Nails, even without setting orders :o.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=2587410

gl Q with your three spinners on an Uneven. :) I won't be in until later, so will probably watch the match on delay (and cry when my bowlers get carted)

chrisuzz

Anyone up for a friendly today? Youth or Seniors rate about 130k and 145k

Cookie311993

I also need a friendly for tonight

JBs-Hawks

Well PB just ripped through Qs lower order. After proclaiming himself #1 team in FF its not looking good :P