Torpedo's Titans PowerBugCC
Batting - Top Order 9,324 11,378
Batting - Middle Order 10,849 9,613
Batting - Tail 5,055 4,529
Bowling - Seam 9,965 (30) 12,119 (40)
Bowling - Spin 10,483 (20) 11,484 (10)
Fielding/Keeping 13,335 13,500
Overall 186,727 198,016

aaaaaand that brings up the 21st victory for me against Torp. :P Our H2H is now 21-0. :) Torp, I'll give you a few weeks rest haha, then I expect another challenge on a different pitch. :) Do you like Dry's? Because despite the fact that my ratings will be higher on a Dry, I perform considerably worse when I have to play 3 spinners because Campbell is an absolute spud.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on December 19, 2013, 04:41:17 PM
want me to go all $$ on you? :o Actually that doesn't work anymore after I spent a mil on Zahra. dammit. :P

However, this is my theory, at the end of the day, if two players have identical skills, but one is older than the other, all it does is lower his sell value, their performances on average will be the same. So despite my players being older, I don't mind my players being worth "less", as it means I can buy them cheaper. :P

Two seasons ago Torp I was top of Div 2 SOD, you are in Div 4 right now, so yeah... ;)

If their skills are identical but one player is older, the older player should perform worse in the long run.

1 million @ 20yo = you get a gun for 12 seasons

You buy later = get them for less, the $/season is still similar. Except you can train the player how you want and all that other good stuff.

Colliwobblers

all i have to add, is how the hell do you get $1M to start with ?

Nails

buy a team of 20yos, you make like $50-100k/week once you get good crowds to your games and whatnot.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 19, 2013, 09:37:15 PM
all i have to add, is how the hell do you get $1M to start with ?
I had 24 million at the start of the season ;)

Colliwobblers

i suppose a loan is out of the question?

maybe doing it all wrong then starting again has set me back on that money making you speak of Nails...

We'll get there but at the moment i make about $20K a week, should be better next season with 2 from each of my teams looking ok for promotion one at worst.

i assume the money from sponsorship is the same if you dont get promoted, but better in the higher division you get promoted to?

my crowds are pretty good i get 8000 capacity to a home ground on a fine day, just me wages have me in the red at present so kind of cancels the gate takings out, i go 50-70k up with senior ODI home game and only about 10K up on the weeks my senior ODI is away.

doesnt help playing a bot either they dont exactly draw a crowd...

Nige

My boys scored 252 on a sticky vs PB's affiliate. :D I think that's good yeah?

Garraway scored 46.  :o ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 19, 2013, 09:53:47 PM
Sorry only got 1.5 mil left after spending it all on my super squad ;)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 19, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

maybe doing it all wrong then starting again has set me back on that money making you speak of Nails...

We'll get there but at the moment i make about $20K a week, should be better next season with 2 from each of my teams looking ok for promotion one at worst.

i assume the money from sponsorship is the same if you dont get promoted, but better in the higher division you get promoted to?

my crowds are pretty good i get 8000 capacity to a home ground on a fine day, just me wages have me in the red at present so kind of cancels the gate takings out, i go 50-70k up with senior ODI home game and only about 10K up on the weeks my senior ODI is away.

doesnt help playing a bot either they dont exactly draw a crowd...

With prize money at an EOS you might get a few hundred thousand then theres also the chance when you get a big youth pull to make money. Even buying cheap Rel/Rel or Acc/Acc players and training them to Spec/Spec and selling will net you some nice profits. I try to upgrade one or two players every season with whatever cash i can inject

Cookie311993

Going alright against Alex on uneven
J. Ma 2-0-7-0, G. Quagmire 25 (35b), S. Carwin 53 (100b)
End of over 25 (3 runs) - bundy bashers(98-2) RR 3.92

PowerBug

Haha my Youth Pulls have been a key to my success. :P If only I had spent the money better hahahaha ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 19, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
With prize money at an EOS you might get a few hundred thousand then theres also the chance when you get a big youth pull to make money. Even buying cheap Rel/Rel or Acc/Acc players and training them to Spec/Spec and selling will net you some nice profits. I try to upgrade one or two players every season with whatever cash i can inject
Yeah, Rel/Rel players can be trained to Spec/Spec by mid 20's fairly easily if you steadily rise your Senior Academy up. I'm surviving bringing up Rel/Rel 20 y.o's with a few beasts here and there at Acc/Acc.

Money in the bank early on is a very hard thing to do, so don't need to worry about that Colli! You'll get there in time, just have to avoid massive losses to wages early on, maybe have to sell a player or two off if their wages are too much. We all make mistakes early. If you had the money, possibly even more mistakes are made if you're like most of us when we began, trigger happy with the buying!

The training aspect and growth of players is also the highlight for me in the game, love seeing them get better with age and knowing you did that 8).

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 20, 2013, 12:57:09 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 19, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
Yeah, Rel/Rel players can be trained to Spec/Spec by mid 20's fairly easily if you steadily rise your Senior Academy up. I'm surviving bringing up Rel/Rel 20 y.o's with a few beasts here and there at Acc/Acc.
Reli/reli is the way to go, because when you buy them at 16 they cost like 10k, and eventually they become that spec/spec you talk about. I'm getting slightly worried however, there's this 17yo I've got that is going to make it to expert/expert by the time he's 20! :O (That is, worried of the fact that I'm actually going to have a good player)

valkorum

If anyone wants a cheap AR then I have one up for sale.  He is not fantastic but for a newbie should be reasonably priced and be ok for a few seasons while your starting up

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1135882

Master Q

Two big nights of FTP for me

Playing Nails in SOD tonight which could cause a big shift in the table if I win (likely)
Then tomorrow night I play PB on the pitch of his choice (Uneven) to prove that my team is better; and I am the No.1 team on FF