Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Sure would! The ratings will still be pretty decent!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Colliwobblers

That's your league, not you're league right  ;)

PowerBug

yeah, correct use there. ;)

You must be enjoying this game alot considering you have already got an affiliate!

Colliwobblers

i love the idea of managing a list more than scoring points, probably almost enjoy training updates more than game days...

yes I'm enjoying it a lot, don't do things by halves so pretty much got the pavilion thing day one and the affiliate team.

did everything wrong, stupidly before seeking advice here, so blew most of my money for both teams on the wrong players, have had to pretty much start - then start again...

so a bit behind the game but doing ok in the leagues i am in and having a ball. It's a lot more fun to have people you know to play/share it with.

so FF again proves to be awesome and everyone here. wouldn't have even even come across this game if not for FF so yeah

Nails

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=2576746

Absolute BLOCKBUSTER taking place

My affiliate played this guy on Friday in OD and we won by 4 wickets
Now we have him again for T20. Though this match is a huge blockbuster. My team is 1st, his 2nd. However we're both undefeated and this match will go a loooong way to deciding promotion. With my best batter unavailable due to NAT duties could he have the upperhand? Will my players stand strong without Mr. Friel?

Will there be tears shed or shouts of joy?

Tune in to find out!

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 17, 2013, 11:18:41 PM
i love the idea of managing a list more than scoring points, probably almost enjoy training updates more than game days...

yes I'm enjoying it a lot, don't do things by halves so pretty much got the pavilion thing day one and the affiliate team.

did everything wrong, stupidly before seeking advice here, so blew most of my money for both teams on the wrong players, have had to pretty much start - then start again...

so a bit behind the game but doing ok in the leagues i am in and having a ball. It's a lot more fun to have people you know to play/share it with.

so FF again proves to be awesome and everyone here. wouldn't have even even come across this game if not for FF so yeah
It is brilliant to play a different game I agree, and this has taken up more time than the rest of my fantasy games combined imo :P

Yeah, I didn't ask for advice either when I started, I managed to learn quickly enough however, I found the game manual mighty helpful :P

FF is the saviour for everything :D

JBs-Hawks

Yea i tried teaching myself too, made a few mistakes but a few of my first buys are still in my team all these seasons later.

chrisuzz

im in a youth league for top ranked teams and im stuck on wether to play a rel/rel spinner or a cap/rel medium with rel batting on a hot/dry hmm

Colliwobblers

i'm not one to give advice, rather ask for it, but seems the spinner is the best choice , UNLESS the opponent has a strong bowling line-up then the extra batsmen through taking the medium AR would be handy?

Nails

Quote from: chrisuzz on December 18, 2013, 12:38:02 AM
im in a youth league for top ranked teams and im stuck on wether to play a rel/rel spinner or a cap/rel medium with rel batting on a hot/dry hmm

rel/rel spinner for mine

Hot = going to tire your medium out. Spinners perform better in hot than Seamers, so already that cap/rel guy is worse off before you factor in prims

Dry = disadvantage your medium, boosts your spinner.

Esentially your spinner will play like accom/accom and your medium cap/cap once you factor in these conditions imo.

Then you also have to factor in that if you bat first in hot conditions, if your rel batter gets any decent amount of runs, he'll give up even more runs when bowling due to the fatigue

I also think of dry as a batters paradise as you're going to get at least 16/40 overs by a seamer, likely 24/40 overs from seamers. Where seamers are useless in hot conditions and also useless on a dry. Therefore I don't see a collapse coming where you need your Youth AR.

JBs-Hawks

Just depends on whether you think you will need his batting or not

Nails

I don't think it's a matter of whether his batting is needed or not

The difference between the players and once you'r factoring in the conditions, any runs the medium can make with the bat are likely to be wasted away with his poor bowling going for more runs than the fs.

PowerBug

I'd be making every effort to play 3 spinners on a Hot/Dry. :) And then you do a PB and pretend you have an AR by opening the batting with a bowler :P

Cookie311993

Andrew Manning

Listed for 50k decent young batsman who has just been a filler for my side. Good for any new sides or anyone that wants a back up

stew42

Haha, youth game on a hard/cloudy, only 8 wickets taken between both teams  :o ::)