Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: PowerBug on December 15, 2013, 11:46:28 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/rules.htm?rulespage=introduction

Had a read of them yet? :o I'm slowly chucking together some threads on here, not exactly sure on what to put together though. :\
I suggested so much the other day on chat  :P

Colliwobblers

yeah read most of the game manual, but the strategy the pro's use won't be in there.

JB, Q and others have been helpful but i am certain there is plenty to work out I don't yet know, and I'm not the type to pick things up slowly, I prefer to be good straight away.

at least as good as possible given the financial restrictions....

PowerBug

oh yes, that is one key. NEVER GO INTO FINANCIAL DEBT. You will suffer big time.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2013, 12:09:58 AM
oh yes, that is one key. NEVER GO INTO FINANCIAL DEBT. You will suffer big time.

I do it on a weekly basis.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2013, 12:09:58 AM

my affiliate goes into debt every week, but then goes back into the black after the weeks gate takings from the games.

slowly catching up i think in 2 more weeks there will be enough in the bank the team will stop going into the negative when finance update occurs....

bit of a mistake, too much wages, but cut the senior squad back to 13 and given the home ground is 8500 seasts and we win most games the crowds are up and looks like all good now, still need more sponsorship money or be in trouble next season with the wage rises....

tricky business...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on December 15, 2013, 11:55:29 PM
yeah read most of the game manual, but the strategy the pro's use won't be in there.

JB, Q and others have been helpful but i am certain there is plenty to work out I don't yet know, and I'm not the type to pick things up slowly, I prefer to be good straight away.

at least as good as possible given the financial restrictions....
I started meh, got better and better, now probably worse now than when I started with tactics :'(. Probably easy to be good at it so not a problem there. A bigger challenge with more expensive players + financial restrictions, but should still do well lower divisions!

Upgrading stadium early will eat the cash up but long term will get it back, just hurts now. Gotta admit you still love the game ;).

PowerBug

Question, if my main gets drawn my affiliate in the PC, am I allowed to rig the game?

Master Q

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2013, 10:21:10 AM
Question, if my main gets drawn my affiliate in the PC, am I allowed to rig the game?
What do you mean by rig

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on December 16, 2013, 10:33:35 AM
What do you mean by rig
Throw the game with one of the teams, and tell them to bat first, and tell the other team to bowl first if they win the toss.

Master Q

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2013, 12:01:18 PM
Quote from: Master Q on December 16, 2013, 10:33:35 AM
What do you mean by rig
Throw the game with one of the teams, and tell them to bat first, and tell the other team to bowl first if they win the toss.
You can throw a game whenever you want. So yes, you are obviously allowed to "rig" the game...

Nige

Another really good game today between my boys and JB's affiliate.

JB's lads needed 8 runs off the final over and 3 runs off the final ball and got it.

:o :(

Nails

New Jersey Devils won by 116 runs
G. Wako 9.1-0-28-2, D. O'Sullivan 1 (3b)
End of over 39 (maiden) - The Nailers(123-10). 117 runs required from 11 overs. RR 3.15 RRR 10.64

Wow

My affiliate absolute CRUSHED my main

Even though Nyongai took 7/40 with the ball he still couldn't lead The Nailers to victory.

PowerBug

Match Ratings
  PowerBugCC Bermudan Bandits
Batting - Top Order 6,007 5,305
Batting - Middle Order 4,557 3,917
Batting - Tail 3,138 2,441
Bowling - Seam 5,203 (24) 4,745 (24)
Bowling - Spin 5,152 (16) 4,288 (16)
Fielding/Keeping 6,035 3,687
Overall 95,690 78,084

Next week vs CF I find out my ratings without my two 19yos :o Very very very happy right now with my youth team! :D

chrisuzz

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1173670

what would be the best way to train this guy, to sell at the end of the season? currently got him on strength training! after power and endo pop, should i just focus on fielding?

JBs-Hawks

Id go with bat/tech get those primaries and that wage up to make more cash.