Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Master Q

stew42

Right, I'm ranked 2065 in One dayers, 2104 in 20/20, 1821 in Youth. I want to challenge someone similarly ranked in 8 One Day matches. And I will smash them. Bring it. PM me.  >:(  8)

JBs-Hawks

Colliwobblers

CrowsFan

So even though I had said I had finished buying players I couldn't resist picking up an avg/avg medium with slower ball, avg fielding and ord endo/power for 500k. Team can pretty much play on any pitch now too since I have 1 F, 2 FM, 2 M, 2 FS. Just wish there had been a quality wristy up for sale at some point :(

KoopKicka

Got spanked in a friendly one-dayer today by Spink. :P

Justin Bieber

Ok, sorry if this is a massive post, catching up on the latest happenings on FF FTP :P.

Welcome Koop :D. I'm sure you will get addicted like the rest of us ;).

Quote from: PowerBug on November 26, 2013, 10:24:06 PM
You know what amazes me? The fact that Div 1 teams are unable to have 5 seamers in their squad... I beat ranti last week because he needed to play a spinner on a Green, and in two weeks I have Farken Nufties that only has 5 bowlers, one of each. So even though he rates 230k, and isn't in PC, with the game on a Green, I'll be expecting to win. It shocks me tbh, I won't be relegating from Div 1, this is actually easier than I thought.
A reason he may play a spinner is as Nails said, may be better skills, or maybe even for variety. If I'm on a green, I don't shy away from 1-2 Spinners on there because they are better skilled, and also for variety. Don't keep 5 Senior Seamers if I remember correctly...

Quote from: TheAnt on November 27, 2013, 07:20:37 PM
Looked at my youth squad today and found a nice surprise. My first national squad member. http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1136908
Awesome Ant :D. The first is always something to treasure!!

Quote from: Master Q on November 28, 2013, 09:39:21 PM
That is very incorrect.

The best chance of getting the best player is through pulling General. He might not be what you are looking for though...
Quote from: PowerBug on November 28, 2013, 09:48:47 PM
by certain type of player, I was implying General as a type of player. :P

Listen to Q, not me, I think I know everything in this game. (Truth is not even ash knows everything about this game)
If you want a certain type of player (e.g. Keeper or Seam bowler), then choosing specific pull more likely will get you their skills Colli. However, if you are just hoping for a good player, go for General, 50% more likely to get a "keepable" pull compared to when pulling specific, although as Cookie said, skills may be spread quite a bit. I've been pulling General for a while when not after something specific, comes off with some handy players, especially batters!

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 29, 2013, 09:53:22 AM
The in game talents of the players are like this...
Batters:
1 x Spin Spec
1 x Finisher
2 x Boundary Hitter
1 x Seam Spec
1 x Skilled Bat

Keeper:
1 x Boundary Hitter

AR's:
1 x Boundary Hitter
So many talented bats :o :o :o. And many BHs :P. Plenty of beasts for you CF....

Tends to happen in the early days Koop, things can get better once you start buying some solid players to build a better squad :D. I beat PB by 3 wickets, although he put up quite a fight considering rating 18k below me! No supirse why he's been causing upsets in his OD league :o.

PowerBug

I'll need to have a closer look at the match when i get the chance, but not too displeased with the effort. :) My weakest bowler was my most effective. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

I'm not sure how much longer I can keep going with this game...I mean I like it and all but I'm still powered off about the whole election thing, and nothing seems to be going right.

Torpedo10

I lost to PB tonight for the 18th time by 3 wickets. I out rated him in fielding yet:

PB - 18/20 fielding checks were successful

I - 13/19 fielding checks were successful

ME  ::)

PowerBug

I was worried torp, you used my own tactics against me, and it nearly worked!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Cookie311993

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 02, 2013, 09:24:55 PM
I lost to PB tonight for the 18th time by 3 wickets. I out rated him in fielding yet:

PB - 18/20 fielding checks were successful

I - 13/19 fielding checks were successful

ME  ::)
Overkill on fielding though torp. Gm-Dz was telling me about it. Fairly sure me and you both suffer from it

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BratPack on December 02, 2013, 08:08:56 PM
I'm not sure how much longer I can keep going with this game...I mean I like it and all but I'm still powered off about the whole election thing, and nothing seems to be going right.
Damn BP :(. I understand the bit with nothing going right, has happened with my team for past few seasons. The election thing was enough to put anybody off. Could try taking like rest of the season off, just log in occasionally to see Training/Youth Pulls and to keep your account active. That way when you think you're refreshed and want to play again, can come back to your team again :).

Or could just sell off all your players, stockpile cash and whatnot, sign in like every month to keep the account. Then come back after a while if you want to!

JBs-Hawks

Or sit idly and in 2 seasons get an FF block vote to livk out the multis :P