Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Strong club player come 19th bday

PowerBug

Yeah hope so, besides experience he should be solid. 8) Got my eyes on a couple of others, would be awesome to round off my 16yo crop in one night. :P Then I can be adventurous with my YPs and pull seam bowlers and aim for a reas/reas fastie. >:D
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Colliwobblers

adventurous?

does that imply you usually have a better chance of getting a good pull if you DON'T ask for a specific type of player?

often wondered that, that and does it make a difference which nationality you pull, like between your own and any other?

PowerBug

Nah it's all random, you might find that you get more luck with a certain type of player or type of nationality, but in the end everything is random. :)But I'd be pulling a batsman however if I can purchase them then I can try and get a fast bowler.

The best fast bowlers are considered to be worth more than the best batsmen. Same goes for wrist spinners.

Master Q

That is very incorrect.

The best chance of getting the best player is through pulling General. He might not be what you are looking for though...

PowerBug

by certain type of player, I was implying General as a type of player. :P

Listen to Q, not me, I think I know everything in this game. (Truth is not even ash knows everything about this game)

Cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on November 28, 2013, 09:48:47 PM
by certain type of player, I was implying General as a type of player. :P

Listen to Q, not me, I think I know everything in this game. (Truth is not even ash knows everything about this game)
General gives more chance of having a higher rating. More chance of their being gaps.
Specific gives the chance to get higher wage but likelihood is low

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1365968

Bingo. :) Only 20k spent on two players now, got another prodigy that ends tonight that looks like he'll go cheap too. :D

CrowsFan

Finished off my spending in the night, overpaying on an avg/avg BH with gifted tech. I now have a squad of 13 players, 6 batters, 1 keeper, 2 AR's and 4 bowlers.

The in game talents of the players are like this...
Batters:
1 x Spin Spec
1 x Finisher
2 x Boundary Hitter
1 x Seam Spec
1 x Skilled Bat

Keeper:
1 x Boundary Hitter

AR's:
1 x Boundary Hitter

Bowlers:
1 x Swing
1 x Slower ball

Then a bunch have training talents or sturdy :)

PowerBug

dats sexy CF. :P Only have access to 4 Boundary Hitters lol. How are you planning on making the Batting lineup?

CrowsFan

Yeah loving my boundary hitters :D

Um not really sure, depends which one I decide to leave out I guess. The seam spec will open, most likely with either the skilled bat or a BH. Then after that all hell breaks loose :P

valkorum

I would open with the seam spec and the BH (on D)

TheAnt

Made 371-8 on a flat pitch, could have easily been 270 if my tail enders got rolled or 420 if my finisher decided to actually finish. Game perfectly poised now.

CrowsFan

Quote from: valkorum on November 29, 2013, 11:48:07 AM
I would open with the seam spec and the BH (on D)
Which BH? I have 4... :P

Tactics not all that important this season, so will work it out later...

TheAnt