Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Very happy with the undefeated season, Promoting in T20 and SOD to Div2 South Africa 😎

Master Q

5th in SOD, 2nd in T20 and 5th in Youths, so I'm going no where. Only 170k in PM but can't complain.

Won't be going on a cup run next season, so I should promote in one of my senior leagues.

Torpedo10

The day before a World Cup.....Excited.  :D

PowerBug

Bank Balance $772,463

Trying to work out whether to spend money on buying players, or to waste it all upgrading academies. :\ First thing is to work out how much extra Sponsorship I'll be getting through my SOD promotion, and the wage difference. :\

EDIT:
Wages up $18,095 to just under $200,000, not to mention I'll be hoping to include 5 16yo's to my youths as that is down to 13 :|
The Game forums say I'll be getting $12,750 extra sponsorship each week. That helps.

Going to upgrade that 13k stadium first, right up to 16k. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

chrisuzz

Is anyone's "club" button not working?

Torpedo10

Quote from: chrisuzz on October 27, 2013, 09:46:37 PM
Just what I was thinking, it isn't working for me either. Office, Sri Lanka (Home Country) and Help aren't working too.

Master Q

Quote from: chrisuzz on October 27, 2013, 09:46:37 PM
Yeah they changed it. Something to do with iPhones. You have to hover over it.

PowerBug

Yeah, it's really annoying, now having to hover over it and click the link underneath to get to that page. :( As Q said, it's done for the touch screen devices.

chrisuzz

Yeh i dont like it, but i guess itll make it easier when im using my phone aha

Colliwobblers

guys some general advice please....

players for sale at the moment are selling for a fortune...

but i seem to remember after joining around game 4 last season the 20 year old accom / accom players were much much cheaper.

is this a bad time to be bying players?  when should i buy, it seems it would be better to wait until the season starts?

my affiliate came first in everything so have about $250K but the prices decent players are selling for that will get me 2 at the moment....

JBs-Hawks

Its better for you to wait or maybe talk to one us specifically before purchasing. 

Justin Bieber

Yeah, straight after Prize money is handed out, players tend to go for a fortune, maybe not the Rel/Rel 20 y.o's, but they are inflated a bit. No problem waiting til the prices lower a few weeks in to save some $$$. Can always still search for some guys who may be bargains this time of season, but if you can afford to wait league-wise, go for it.

I tend to list players up now because the inflation like most, but some may only decide to sell after they buy players, so may be after 1-3 weeks. So there is a chance players will still be around then.

Cyrus

on the look out for a gun 16yo FM bowler and a Gun Bat if you pull one let me know  ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cyrus on October 28, 2013, 05:02:33 PM
on the look out for a gun 16yo FM bowler and a Gun Bat if you pull one let me know  ;)
Me too ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 27, 2013, 11:44:00 PM
guys some general advice please....

players for sale at the moment are selling for a fortune...

but i seem to remember after joining around game 4 last season the 20 year old accom / accom players were much much cheaper.

is this a bad time to be bying players?  when should i buy, it seems it would be better to wait until the season starts?

my affiliate came first in everything so have about $250K but the prices decent players are selling for that will get me 2 at the moment....
The 20yo I'm selling will likely stay low due to his poor (literally) experience.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1084009

Not sure how new your club/affiliate is but he's handy for the new clubs. :)