Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky92

Got nothing but spare time on me, ;)

PowerBug

haha nice. There's a tutorial on the game you can follow, have you done that? btw reading the rules is a brilliant idea, good to see you've got onto that straight away. Most of it might not make sense right now, but it will soon.

Have the others on chat told you (or have you figured out) how the game works, like the league structure, playing games, setting orders, different pitches etc?
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

specky92

Yeah, I'm creating a slightly blurry picture, I'm sure a lot of it will become clearer during the first game, (not sure when that is btw) orders are just tactics yeah?

PowerBug

correct, orders are tactics.
Quick thing to base your week around: Tuesday = Twenty20, Wednesday = Youth 40 overs, Friday = Senior OneDay 50 overs. So your first match is tomorrow. And being in the Netherlands, all matches start at 12:00 FTP time, which if you're in VIC (I assume that's where you live) is a 10pm start your time, so you'll have all day to set orders, and then check your result in the mornings. :D

specky92

Awesome, cheers PB, picked Netherlands cause 10 seems perfect time, only thing is not quite sure where you set the orders?

Edit: Got a crumbly pitch on a cloudy day, :/

PowerBug

The icon next to where you see your upcoming match. It's a blank clipboard. Once you save your orders, there'll be a tick on the clipboard so you know that you've set orders :)

Playing Q atm, i challenged at like 9:20 for a 10:00 start, and he didn't accept until 9:29, so i had one minute set orders, which i didn't to of course, so there's one bowler (Mupariwa) who's playing when i'd rather play Austin so there's some spin. (My defautl orders have 5 seamers :P) Sunny/Sticky is the pitch.

End of over 26 (9 runs) - SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs(97-2) RR 3.73
A. Zahra 6-1-22-1, P. Whitting 43 (88b), B. Puja 21 (27b)

Mupariwa is 0/19 off 7, so he's doing well. :D

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: specky92 on August 26, 2013, 08:38:22 PM
Awesome, cheers PB, picked Netherlands cause 10 seems perfect time, only thing is not quite sure where you set the orders?

My team is in the netherlands too. 10 seems like a good time but unless you plan on staying awake all night then its not great for watching. However the leagues are fairly easy so you should rise the ranks pretty quickly.

specky92

How long do the games go for?

PowerBug

30 seconds per ball. :P

T20's are 2 hours, Youth matches are 4ish and OneDayers are over 5 hours. Assuming all matches go the distance of course. :)

End of over 11 (2 runs) - PowerBugCC(39-2). 177 runs required from 39 overs. RR 3.55 RRR 4.54
A. Powers 1-0-2-0, F. Butt 21 (20b), S. Craig 4 (12b)

Q made 215/7, more than I would've liked, and I don't think i'll chase it, but i've started ok i guess. :)

Master Q

And I win comfortably by 90-odd runs

PowerBugCC   SE Melbourne Thunder Dogs
Batting - Top Order   11,586   12,512
Batting - Middle Order   9,821   9,447
Batting - Tail   3,717   3,572
Bowling - Seam   11,329 (50)   12,312 (20)
Bowling - Spin   0 (0)   13,112 (30)
Fielding/Keeping   13,501   14,264
Overall   193,931   205,306

I lead the 16shes 11-5  :P

PowerBug

hahaha yeah you do, you know how to set orders unfortunately, so i never get a chance to upset you. Happy to go again this weekend Q, hopefully I find orders that work to perfection. :D

specky92

Alright Guys, I've had some suggestions on chat i should ask for some scouting help here,

here's the team: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3898

got around 135k in the bank, looking for 21 and 22yos i believe?

any suggestions/advice will be cheered! :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: specky92 on August 27, 2013, 08:06:56 PM
Alright Guys, I've had some suggestions on chat i should ask for some scouting help here,

here's the team: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3898

got around 135k in the bank, looking for 21 and 22yos i believe?

any suggestions/advice will be cheered! :)

Load up with 20yos accomplised batting or bowling and technique

21yos expert batting or bowling and technique

Fielding reasonable or better

specky92

Cheers JB not exactly sure how high I should go for these guys though

Nails

Accomplished would be too high priced/over qualified for you

I'd look at rel/rel now mate.