Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: Master Q on August 20, 2013, 06:23:09 PM
Buying players is not considered homegrown. And changing your "strategy" again Cookie? I swear you change like every month  :P
Not really. I'm just getting bored of everything. It's either that or take a break from the game altogether

Cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on August 20, 2013, 06:54:55 PM
Starting from 20 is pretty much homegrown, if you don't use a youth squad. I mean i consider my squad to be pretty much homegrown, as i only like to buy 16yo's and 20yo's nowadays. I don't have membership, however about 10 of my current squad would be eligible for HoF and there's others which aren't 22 yet. (yes i recently bought a 1mil 27yo, yes it was a bad purchase, yes it won't happen again)

Having the same players is amples of fun, especially when they are considered rubbish (see: William Campbell) yet they win you matches. :D

I am running both academies so will buy a first bunch until 16 year olds start coming through. Will only be semi home grown

chrisuzz

Im starting home grown too, buying at 16 and continuing on to seniors... though the way i am now i am only buying Sri Lankans which makes the goal tough but achievable :)

Cookie311993

I have found that with my rebuild I have enjoyed the training the most. Watching the players grow. And starting to enjoy watching the youths grow

PowerBug

It sure is more enjoyable! I also have little respect to those that purely youth farm (sorry guys, i hate you :P) and those that turn over on the TM nearly every season (That's you Nails, don't deny it).

I never plan to rebuild, neve rplan to youth farm, and never plan on relegating. Just slowly make my side better with everyone that goes through my team. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

chrisuzz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 20, 2013, 08:15:14 PM
It sure is more enjoyable! I also have little respect to those that purely youth farm (sorry guys, i hate you :P) and those that turn over on the TM nearly every season (That's you Nails, don't deny it).

I never plan to rebuild, neve rplan to youth farm, and never plan on relegating. Just slowly make my side better with everyone that goes through my team. :)
Just a query, am i involved in that youth farm group?

Cookie311993

Just need to decide which academy to get higher

valkorum

Well I really enjoy playing as a youth farm... its not the same as every other lemming out there.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: chrisuzz on August 20, 2013, 07:55:31 PM
Im starting home grown too, buying at 16 and continuing on to seniors... though the way i am now i am only buying Sri Lankans which makes the goal tough but achievable :)
That is a very tough ask unless you get decent pulls! I pull Scottish and have quite alot of Scottish Youths/Seniors, but still have to buy from other countries to fill in gaps in my Youths.

I haven't bought a Senior player in how long, as enjoy growing players from 16 (some bought, alot pulled) :). I would have like most of my Senior team available for HoF if I had Pav membership. Can't recommend it enough! It's alot of fun watching your players grow with you and then you get sad when you have to sell them :(. I always feel sadness (legit) when I sell a player who's been with me for 5-10 seasons :'(.

chrisuzz

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 20, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
That is a very tough ask unless you get decent pulls! I pull Scottish and have quite alot of Scottish Youths/Seniors, but still have to buy from other countries to fill in gaps in my Youths.

I haven't bought a Senior player in how long, as enjoy growing players from 16 (some bought, alot pulled) :). I would have like most of my Senior team available for HoF if I had Pav membership. Can't recommend it enough! It's alot of fun watching your players grow with you and then you get sad when you have to sell them :(. I always feel sadness (legit) when I sell a player who's been with me for 5-10 seasons :'(.
Yeh am finding it a struggle, but i feel i have a squad at the moment strong enough to take into seniors (not all Sri Lankans due to it being a recent decision) But will be from now on

Master Q

Yeah most of my team were bought at 20 but I don't reallly consider them home grown. The only players I consider home grown are my pulls.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Master Q on August 20, 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Yeah most of my team were bought at 20 but I don't reallly consider them home grown. The only players I consider home grown are my pulls.
Semi home grown

CrowsFan

Why do you hate youth farms?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: chrisuzz on August 20, 2013, 09:10:15 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 20, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
Yeh am finding it a struggle, but i feel i have a squad at the moment strong enough to take into seniors (not all Sri Lankans due to it being a recent decision) But will be from now on
Sounds good, but can find your team lacking a position or two unless you have the cash to throw around. Why I've never been into the the one-nation team fully, although predominantly one nation.

Quote from: Cookie311993 on August 20, 2013, 09:25:56 PM
Quote from: Master Q on August 20, 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Semi home grown
If you don't have a youth team and buy 20 y.o's to train, guess you could call them semi-home grown if you've kept them for several seasons. When I began FTP, I bought 20 y.o's as best way to stay competitive in the lower divisions and gradually rise up. I do count 16/17 y.o's you buy as home-grown if you've basically trained them their entire career, unless people go into technicalities :P.

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 20, 2013, 11:41:07 PM

Why do you hate youth farms?
Because they are different. :P I don't particularly like senior-only squads aswell. Why not use all the tools at your disposal? They also raise the quality of players which is bad. :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126