Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Fletch 7 30k rated players isn't to much ;)
You have a chance ;)

valkorum

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 26, 2010, 10:33:35 AM
I'm playing a guy who as 7 guys ranked above 30,000, I only have 2 :( He beat the team I took over from by 8 wickets last time.

I'm going to be thrashed I think..... :'(

Expect to lose games at the beginning while you are getting your team sorted out.  We are just over half way through the season so in about 6 - 7 weeks time the transfer market will start to flood will 19 year olds and 26 - 30 year old (guys who are being recycled). 

Definitely worth being active.  Some of those 26 - 30 year olds will go quite cheaply and will be good for a starting team for a season or 2 while you get your finances in order.

valkorum

Quote from: Alex7089 on October 26, 2010, 10:37:31 AM
You have a chance ;)

There is always a chance.

Fletch74

Quote from: valkorum on October 26, 2010, 10:47:23 AM
You have a chance ;)

Thanks guys ;)

Alex7089

My plan is to pick up a 40k rated batsman, age doesn't matter as long as he is 30 or under.
Also want a 40k rated bowler again, age no problem as long as he isn't over 30.
Also going to go for as many 19 y.os I can that come below 3k.
I am saving up at the moment I think I will spend it all along with prize-money during EOS ;D

Justin Bieber

Hard selection for me this week. Allen was energetic and guess I'll save him for the One Dayer. Selth gets the gloves, Sinclair gets to Captain once again. Owens a Boundary Hitter comes in as the last batsman since I'm coming up against an undefeated side who is alot better than me :P.

I'm sick so will be on for most of the time :-\. Also, Valk, You're bidding on Wijesinghe who I dibs 2 days ago :(. I'll let you have him this time ;).

valkorum

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 26, 2010, 10:53:58 AM
Also, Valk, You're bidding on Wijesinghe who I dibs 2 days ago :(. I'll let you have him this time ;).

Sorry HP.  I am only bidding up to $10k.  Just trying to get some cheap backup players.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 26, 2010, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: valkorum on October 26, 2010, 10:47:23 AM
You have a chance ;)

Thanks guys ;)
Good Luck Fletch and don't buy into the inflation right now ;).

Nice plan Alex. I might have to recycle a bowler or two as I have 4 that aren't getting a game!! Also, just noticed 3 of my best bowlers are Left mediums :P.

That's fine Valk. Hope you can get him that cheap :).

Alex7089

I am the same HP I have sold 4 bowlers and I still have 2 missing out every week.
I need some batsman so I am focusing on that at the moment, need a couple of young backups during the pre-season.
Need a superstar bowler though, at the moment my best bowler is not that great and although my bowlers have a consistent level of skill throughout I need someone taking 3-4 wickets every game or two.
Also had to clear out a few of my many mediums :o

8-6 Suited

Come on guys, I want a big day out for our members again.

HP, my opponent is also undefeated. :x

Boomz

I'm giving one of my youth batsmen a run today see how he goes... rel/rel 19 yo will give him some experience :) going to get some cash tomorrow then I'll be chasing a decent keeper...

8-6 Suited

Got a sell out crowd for todays match.

Gate Takings:   $19,233

Awesome. :D Play money! :P

valkorum

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 26, 2010, 10:58:39 AM
That's fine Valk. Hope you can get him that cheap :).

So do I.  Just need 1 more bowler and 1 more batsman as backup.  None of the 5 x 19 year olds I have will play seniors as they wont be any higher than cap/cap - maybe a reli if they pop between now and the end of the season

I also have a couple of 28 year olds that will need to be replaced in the next season or 2 (2 batsmen and 1 keeper/bastman).  The only problem is that they are all performing very well for the team.

valkorum

6090 in attendance at my ground for the match between myself and MajorLazer

Alex7089

$15,998 from my T20 game. Best I've ever gotten from T20 so happy with that :)
It also means I have already turned a profit for the week with 2 sales and a home YOD game to come. Hoping for a 20-30k profit this week :)