Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Yeah I am too Alex... they have all failed me except Coetzer. only need 8 now... I think I'll shut up b4 I jinx them lol

Alex7089

Partnership of 43 for the last wicket here. Happy with that if they make it to 50 it is my biggest partnership for today ahead of the openers 49.

Boomz

Its gonna be a tie or a win! LOL 1 run to win.

Boomz

woot I won ;D very dissapointed with my batsmen though... Good match ML :) your bowlers played well.

Alex7089

I think you have it BOOMZ would be very unlucky to lose a wicket now.

Justin Bieber

Nice win BOOMZ! :D. Bad luck ML who put on a hell of a match.

Alex7089

Feeling Sheepish     Mike Whitney's afro!
Batting - Top Order:    7,963    7,818
Batting - Middle Order:    6,034    5,282
Batting - Tail:    3,130    2,997
Bowling - Seam:    6,934 (6)    6,943 (8)
Bowling - Spin:    6,946 (4)    3,194 (2)
Fielding/Keeping:    6,605    6,821
Overall:    119,886    112,818

Another upset from the unbeatable Mc. Can he beat Shaggy/reesbr next week?

Master Q

So Roost and Boomz are through, any updates on the other matches?

Alex7089

Antoine made 15, Darya made 28, Barlow made 9, Sayers made 26, McEvoy made 6, Hewawasm made 4, Khan made 35, McIntyre gone for 0 & Jackson fell for 14.

In no world is this good enough for the skill level they are at. My players should be ashamed.
Good game Mc, your bowlers are amazing, you played well today and I wish you the best for the rest of the cup.
Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight :P

Boomz

Last I heard Chrisuzz was looking like beating Wookie...

chrisuzz

Yeh Wookie needs 44 runs of the last 5 overs to win

Boomz

lol Alex now instead of dropping Pfaff I'm selling him

chrisuzz

Boomz

McRooster

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 24, 2010, 03:08:33 PM
He did spend alot for a few of them :o.

That's gotta hurt Alex :(. Not much resistance left unless your bowlers start to fire.
Only spent big on Tobias deVreeze bowler wise (102k), Van Gulik was 28k, Nkala was 1k and Swift is one of my juniors. Lovell Hanley who I bought from RB for 2k only comes in on a flat wicket.
Hogg I bought in for his Natural leadership as I had no 'go to' Captain and for his batting (7.5k) but it has been his bowling that has pleased me most - 4 fer today  ;D

The hero was the Legendary Atriðr Hjaldrgoð with 141 off 141 and held his bat on a sticky wicket, showing all his experience to keep it together and produce a stunning innings.

It looks as if some fielding training is in order for your lads Alex after all those dropped catches - I count five? Has it always been your strategy to bowl out your opening bowlers?
I position my bowlers overs to the strengths of the opposing team ie. I always open with my best two that's a given, but their second spells are decided upon where the opposing team usually scores better, hence why deVreeze came on again early (using the drinks break to freshen him up) to counter the best scoring period and hopefully grab a wicket.
Young Swift continues to impress me, was expensive but he is certainly going to play more senior roles for me - holds a bat pretty well too  ;) It will be importnt to develop that Doosra.

Thanks again for the match, looking forward to Nov 5  ;)