Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I'll take a look to help you out. Don't spend too much on a single player next time :). Good to build a solid foundation for cheap before looking for stars.

HillHero13

oh well.. if i get these bowlers im done with my team..

HillHero13

theres one guy i am looking at that ends today..

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=100791

no power but great bowler

Justin Bieber

I'm clearing out 7-8k worth of wages tonight :P.

I put a 5k bid on your 16 y.o. Could be solid but doubt he'll get games for me right now. But I'll work on him due to his secondaries being alright :).

Spinners don't need power unless they all round ;). He's good but ends at like 8am :o.

HillHero13

thank-you HP at least i can get some other people maybe aswel..

they are all useless..

might just save up money now though..

i don;t have enough money so ill suggest it..

HillHero13

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 17, 2010, 08:58:55 PM
I'm clearing out 7-8k worth of wages tonight :P.

I put a 5k bid on your 16 y.o. Could be solid but doubt he'll get games for me right now. But I'll work on him due to his secondaries being alright :).

Spinners don't need power unless they all round ;). He's good but ends at like 8am :o.

i'll be up then but again i dont have the money..

McRooster

Just what I think Hilly....

1. 5 for 18 best figures  :o , but he's only played 14 Youth games and at 23 hasn't had a run in the big league. Does that say he's purely been bred as a lamb to put out to the slaughter market? Ranking is very nice, maybe up to 40-60k?

2. Has technique over #1 and fantastic figures to boot, with senior experience too. Similar ranking and at 25 his batting ability could turn him into a true all-rounder + those safe hands, 45-60k?

3. Has the pick of the skills set so far and a very nice ranking. He doesn't have the wicket taking prowess to pick him over the others though, would be a worthy addition, 35-50k?

4. If it's bowling you're after he's not your guy, with only 3 fers as hist best return. His age at 26 is a slight turn off and batting back up is below par. Very nice ranking but don't see you gaining anything from getting him over the others above.

Good luck, I'd go for # 2  ;)

HillHero13

well im going for all i neeeeeed  them maybe not number 4 though..

haven't seen my bowlers.. they do the job but i can't handle them..

McRooster

# 1 and # 3 are Gifted bowlers and fast medium, I reckon look at your attack and see what type of bowler you need more to fit in rather than trying to get a slice of all on offer, you will then over spend.

# 2 is only medium so if he fits better as a req'd type then get him, but don't try getting all - you may miss the opportunity to get the one.

Sometimes it's hard to see the trees because of the forest  ;)

cookie311993

my reccommendations for players for someone in commuity to bid for:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=79320 Awesome as spinner
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=194103

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=1752 He has plenty of awesome players for sale. If you have over 100k then have a good look at these players. I have done my last transfer purchase for the season

McRooster

cookie, will the market go quieter toward season end?

By that I mean will the prices go down as managers look to offload or not, traditionally speaking.

Justin Bieber

You get more 19 y.o's towards EOS. Then 20 y.o's at the start of next season. Some people save their cash at the start of the season and come in later in the season. In theory it should go quieter but who knows. I thought it would of finished by now!!!

Barlow Landed my gifted batting 19 y.o Rea/Rea for 6k. BOOMZ gets my gifted fielding keeper/bowler for 6k also :D. Hope they serve your teams well :D.

8-6 Suited

We better talk here then BOOMZ :D

I think this guy is a bit of a bot like player. Low ratings for his past games. :x

Boomz

Yeah he only really has 3 good players the rest look botty :P

8-6 Suited

He has some decent players in his squad though, but maybe he doesnt know how to do his orders. :x