Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Boomz

I'm gonna stay off the TM for a while except if i can get some cheap youths... Ridiculous prices atm :(

roo boys!

Yeah, just when I figure out I reallly have to start buying some guns ::)

McRooster

I thank you, he served me well and then I fired his ass  :D

Having him gave me an appreciation for what is really required to play this game.

Still surpised that nobody took him for even 1k  >:(  Such great stats but poor batting skill + his age.

roo boys!

Yeah no-one was going to take him when I put him up until you came along, he was worth 1k wasn't he?

Yeah he always found a way to keep making runs...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on October 17, 2010, 07:23:47 PM
No attack spell really looked to have worked today, but I have read that setting to Defensive can bring out a players specific talents earlier on in their spell ie. If you have set a bowler at (D) and his talent is Swing then he will get more from the ball earlier on in his spell and if you set a batsmen to (D) and his talent is Boundary Hitter then he will start hitting them earlier in his innings - or it's a bit like their go to safety net, however it may not last very long either way.

Does setting (D) on your juniors bring out their talents and further their development faster?
Setting D doesn't bring out their talent or help them develop more. Just makes them play cautiously and less likely to take risks.

It's hard to get many talents active every game especially if they are like those two. If you play a guy on Defensive, he's more likely to stay in giving him more chance to get them. Not sure about a talent such as Swing for a bowler though.

roo boys!

Alleyne bowls Swing, another reason why he is worth 250k ;D

roo boys!

Just checked on my senior batsmen:

All bat right handed apart from Kandathil and Siboto.

Ah well, I suppose it doesn't make too much of a difference.

8-6 Suited

Pretty sure McCarthy used his Boundary Hitter talent 1 time against you HP. It's totally random, but most likely to be done on dot balls. Therefore, D has its perks.

Oh, and by the way.. HP, I really am looking forward to a rematch but you have to stop buying guns. k Thanks. :D

roo boys!

I just checked, next week should be good for gate takings, SOD at home :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 17, 2010, 08:06:15 PM
Oh, and by the way.. HP, I really am looking forward to a rematch but you have to stop buying guns. k Thanks. :D
I have. Don't have much more cash and freeing up some wages :D. Buying some gun youths though to push for a very nice youth world ranking 8).

My senior squad is young and will watch them grow 8).

roo boys!

I may drop below 100k for the first time ever if I get all the guys I want when the Finance update occurs, but only until the t20 match or I make a sale.

Justin Bieber

First is alright but Tech gap isn't good :(.
Second is better but can't do much else than bowl. Don't go too high on either of these 2.
Third is my fav of the lot. Younger and the best bowler. Power needs some work though.
Fourth is older but Power is incredible :o. Tech gap lowers him but not by alot. Would be a nice T20 bowler.

HillHero13

cool thanks... i only have enough for 1 more bid on any of these players..

this is why i need money..

you willing to bid on my players HP??

doubt it  :'( :'(