Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

All to attacking is not smart CF, but oh well!

Boomz

I dont mind CF as long as I get bids lol

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on October 17, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
All to attacking is not smart CF, but oh well!
Not even against a brand new team?

roo boys!

it's not going to lose you the game, but you would probably win by more with only the ones with good power and maybe your openers on attacking.

CrowsFan

yeah might change it then. so the players with higher power are the better ones to put on attacking? thats what i thought

roo boys!

yep, and often I put openers on attacking against bad teams, so then when number 3 and 4 come in they will attack if there are plenty of runs already on the board. but if somehow the openers get out because of being pn attacking number 3 and 4 can defend

HillHero13

hey alex forgot to say this before but since you lost by a misfield maybe you should work on your fielding..

plus thanks for recomending Lawson to me!!

CrowsFan

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 17, 2010, 05:51:17 PM
I dont mind CF as long as I get bids lol
well i got it up to 21k but i wont put on another bid

Boomz

Thats alright ;D cheers now to get some youths in for cheap...

HillHero13

need some $$$ but no one is bidding
on my players :(.. i did put it up a bit high but i am really needing the $$$

Alex7089

Quote from: HillHero13 on October 17, 2010, 05:57:40 PM
hey alex forgot to say this before but since you lost by a misfield maybe you should work on your fielding..

plus thanks for recomending Lawson to me!!
Fielding actually isn't that bad, just bad luck :-\
I put all (A) against new teams before won by 300+ both times once 390 odd but each to their own

Barlow 21

I`ve been outbid on E.Bracher. Should i still get him?

McRooster

I had Fleming set to (A) against RB today - and that didn't work and Mathea at 2nd drop set at (A) - that didn't work either.

Both opening bowlers were set to (A) on their opening spells and Nkala (with his great endurance) was set to (A) for his second spell only, the last over included.

No attack spell really looked to have worked today, but I have read that setting to Defensive can bring out a players specific talents earlier on in their spell ie. If you have set a bowler at (D) and his talent is Swing then he will get more from the ball earlier on in his spell and if you set a batsmen to (D) and his talent is Boundary Hitter then he will start hitting them earlier in his innings - or it's a bit like their go to safety net, however it may not last very long either way.

Best policy is probably to set most to (N) with a couple of (A)  and (D) strategically placed.

Does setting (D) on your juniors bring out their talents and further their development faster?

Master Q

How do you change what mode they are, and Mc, how much money did you start with?

EDIT: Found out how to do it

McRooster

Around 270k I think Q.

Have made 12 transfers, all seniors at around 27k each. All my juniors remain and I have fired a few older duds that I was dealt with to begin.

It was hard to fire Neil McGill however, at 32 he was never going to fit into my team long term and he'd only played a dozen OD's but with a highest score of 158 I thought he might fetch something on the market - alas no.