Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Quote from: DazBurg on October 16, 2010, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on October 16, 2010, 01:01:46 PM
End of over 18 (9 runs) - Pakistan(92-7). 101 runs required from 2 overs. RR 5.11 RRR 50.50
M. Burki 20 (31b) , S. Ul-Haq 1 (3b) , B. Gray 3-0-19-0

LOL nice RRR.
We got this one wrapped up van Noord for MOTM with Swain 2 votes :P
A. Mendis for 1 then?
Stewart...
Yeah Mendis I suppose got 3fer

benjy251090

Quote from: DazBurg on October 16, 2010, 01:03:56 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 16, 2010, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on October 16, 2010, 01:02:22 PM
love it Osama
i call shotgun
perfect

noticed HP made one too....lol

then deleted it
His one had a better ring to it ;).
it did
can't believe i didn't think of that one
classic
What can I say, I have a creative mind :P

Alex7089

Gray comes in with 3 late ones to get them all out for 103

8-6 Suited

End of over 20 (2 runs) - Pakistan(103-10). 90 runs required from 0 overs. RR 5.15 RRR 0.00
M. Burki 25 (34b) , B. Gray 4-0-21-3

GRAYYYYYYYYYYY YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!~ Welcome to the Tour son. :D

Australia won by 89 runs

Australia   Pakistan
Batting - Top Order:   12,890   12,138
Batting - Middle Order:   10,152   8,432
Batting - Tail:   3,906   2,824
Bowling - Seam:   11,823 (8)   10,662 (5)
Bowling - Spin:   14,413 (2)   12,715 (5)
Fielding/Keeping:   12,170   9,320
Overall:   202,096   177,154

Massively one sided.

DazBurg

great stuff from the aussies  ;D 8)

Alex7089

van Noord 3 votes, Mendis 2 votes, Swain 1 vote ;D

McRooster

Has it been suggested in their forums about field placement?

I mean it would really add an extra level (however compicated) to the true parity of the game experience.

Your players with Gifted fielding could be placed at gully or cover and those with Safe Hands could be in the slips. Fast bowlers (with their generally exceptional arms) could be fine leg or deep backward square.

I think in the modern game (looking at recent India tour) that fineleg is over rated and that a third man should be employed more often. Often too many 'traditional' positions are set and the bowler is told to bowl to the field.
Although I do feel for Ponting when trying to set a field for Mitchell Johnson  :P even the crowd is a chance when he's got the pill!

Alex7089

Yeah that would be good but for those who aren't cricket fans but are just fond of management games would be lost and it would take a lot of time to do...

McRooster

It would be good to bring out some of your juniors who have good fielding to allow Senior batsmen (who won't bowl) to rest. Having a 12th, 13th or even 14th man would help preserve senior batsmens endurance and fatigue.
It would only take another column on team set up boards to position your men, ensuring that you must 'know' your players a bit more.

Master Q

I like your idea Roost but I'm not for it. It's to difficult to get going on FTP, there's so many things you have to do, not everyone is part of a forum like this.

8-6 Suited

McRooster, remember, you can select your orders as it is, so you can play youths and rest seniors in any game, except obviously youth games.

McRooster

Yes agreed Q, all you guys have helped exponentially (special mention to RB  ;)) and newbies would find it hard.

What about introducing it at say Div 4 and above or something like that, where the better you get the more intrinsic it is to play?

Master Q

Nah Roost, you have to do a lot in the game it self, leave it as is.

McRooster

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 16, 2010, 03:54:42 PM
McRooster, remember, you can select your orders as it is, so you can play youths and rest seniors in any game, except obviously youth games.
Yeah I know, but I was thinking more along the lines of an extended bench so to speak where your senior batsmen can stay in the pavilion (after having done / awaiting their job for the day) while the young colts go out into the swelter and round 'em up.
It's what we used to do when the juniors would come and watch us after they'd played in the morning - I was rather a fan of it  ;D

A side question - how often do you rest your players? I've been reading once a fortnight and have begun a rolling roster (depending on opponent and form)

8-6 Suited

I rest my guns depending on the team they face... If its a bot, the older guys dont play and such... Just depends.