Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Where the flower did you pull those ratings from!?!?!

Edit: Just looking at your squad, I think you have have worked out how to promote to Div 2, only took 10 seasons!
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

Ahhh the old threads. I miss Ethan Cain  :'(

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 07, 2014, 08:03:37 PM
Where the flower did you pull those ratings from!?!?!

Edit: Just looking at your squad, I think you have have worked out how to promote to Div 2, only took 10 seasons!
What did I do?

PowerBug

Bought players that improved your squad, instead of 20yo's with potential that just kept taking you backwards.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 07, 2014, 08:47:37 PM
Bought players that improved your squad, instead of 20yo's with potential that just kept taking you backwards.
Yeah I know, I'm selling them now. Two were just fillers, the rest have always been in my squad. I should be rating 220k for almost all of next season.

I could've been competing 5 seasons ago, I didn't take the oldie path though.

PowerBug

Ummmm, but the thing is you haven't gone old, you were just really silly and missed out on the obvious for 5 seasons. I can't see the make up of your squad bowling variety wise, but you have a range of ages, and as the youth squad improves you'll filter players through.

You could've been in a similar position a while ago mate, your impulse buys got in the way

Torpedo10

Impulse buys? Which players were impulse?

PowerBug

Frey, Flower, Bruce are the three I've noticed.

nrich102

Hey guys, just decided I'd give ftp a go again, for like the third time :P. Anyone up for a friendly or something?

AFEV

Pssht, I've made it to D2 and potentially D1 without buying anything other than 20 year olds since I returned to the game. :P
Mind you I carefully plan every type of player I am going to buy looking forward about 5 seasons usually so.

Apart from Ferreira, that was a mistake. :P

Also if anyone wants me to do proper logos/badges for their clubs I have nothing to keep me busy graphically atm and it's driving me nuts (I keep making mockups for T10 that'll never be useful) so if anyone wants me to do one for them...
The ones I've done for my teams are here and here, but it doesn't have to be that style I can do whatever y'all want.

PowerBug

Quote from: AFEV on December 07, 2014, 10:56:39 PM
Pssht, I've made it to D2 and potentially D1 without buying anything other than 20 year olds since I returned to the game. :P
Mind you I carefully plan every type of player I am going to buy looking forward about 5 seasons usually so.
I made it to Div 2 without spending over $225k on a single player. As you said though, you had it planned and were prepare to wait. The three blokes I listed Torp has sold after a season.

Quote from: nrich102 on December 07, 2014, 10:47:37 PM
Hey guys, just decided I'd give ftp a go again, for like the third time :P. Anyone up for a friendly or something?
Welcome back nrich. Be patient :) Don't listen to Nails, ask questions, and you'll get off and running. I'm still in the process of cleaning this board up, it'll be more newbie friendly and easier to navigate through when it's done.

AFEV

After 1 season is strange, you'll never get value for 21 year olds.
At least as you say he's got it now, I need to get a move on and promote though or Torp will be in higher divisions than me. :(

Opinions on whether I can fix the experience on this battler in my divisions? I'm reluctant to push hard in the PC until I am in double D1 as it has potentially cost me double promotion this season from only going to R3...

@ PB you should mod the OP of this thread to link to the game rules and list all the generic advice newbies usually get on here, if it's not a big hassle. :)

Kellogscrunchynut

Decided to give this a crack, fairly confusing to begin with.

PowerBug

I was thinking of creating a new thread, with general navigation stuff in it. Don't really want to touch the ever so prestigious first post of this thread, I've already ruffled feathers by locking long lasting threads :o

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on December 07, 2014, 11:28:00 PM
I was thinking of creating a new thread, with general navigation stuff in it. Don't really want to touch the ever so prestigious first post of this thread, I've already ruffled feathers by locking long lasting threads :o
People need to get over it,humongous threads are painful.
I'm surprised this thread is even still going given that it is 1000+ pages (at 50 posts/page) and pre-dates the board that kind of made it redundant. :P
But yeah that'd be swell.