Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:40:19 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:22:14 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:19:41 PM
Ukkuwa Meerasahib will be the best in a couple of seasons. Should've played him last night despite passable fatigue, so disappointed Sri Lanka couldn't promote :(
You think you're disappointed? We lost 4/5 tosses, the one we won we smashed the US.  :P You guys got the one in a million ME fart to beat us and the Bangla 6/6 debacle was pretty annoying from a Medium.
You're shower though so that was expected. I actually know what I'm doing which is why i get lucky more often than you :)

Considering we only had 1f and 3fm for Uneven and Green pitches, I'm pretty happy with 3 out of 5.
Are you off your Meds? We should've taken you out  when you were 8 down and needed 40 to win, you can't say I'm shower when a total ME fart was the cause of your win.  :P

3FMs? We took 1 FM & 3Fasties.  :P
Exactly, you even took better players and you failed miserably. Weerappuli is our only fast bowler with power, so that's why we only took one. And even with our fms, Dabare only popped to excep tech on Thursday, and only has a $14k wage.

We don't have the players, but we have the manager.
Players? We have a better base than you have but there's no way we have bigger stars than you. We have 2 WC/Excep batsmen, both with less than Spectacular power. We have ONE Wc/Excep bowler whose 26 and a Wristy on unsuited pitches. Our best AR is Exp/Spec/Spec and we toured a 13k Acc/Spec/Spec Med AR.

You've got much better star players than we had which is what is needed on a Uneven,Green type of pitch.

You've got the manager? See you next time in Div 3.  :P If you're so good you should've smashed us.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:40:19 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:37:07 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:24:31 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:22:14 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:19:41 PM
Ukkuwa Meerasahib will be the best in a couple of seasons. Should've played him last night despite passable fatigue, so disappointed Sri Lanka couldn't promote :(
You think you're disappointed? We lost 4/5 tosses, the one we won we smashed the US.  :P You guys got the one in a million ME fart to beat us and the Bangla 6/6 debacle was pretty annoying from a Medium.
You're shower though so that was expected. I actually know what I'm doing which is why i get lucky more often than you :)

Considering we only had 1f and 3fm for Uneven and Green pitches, I'm pretty happy with 3 out of 5.
Are you off your Meds? We should've taken you out  when you were 8 down and needed 40 to win, you can't say I'm shower when a total ME fart was the cause of your win.  :P

3FMs? We took 1 FM & 3Fasties.  :P
Exactly, you even took better players and you failed miserably. Weerappuli is our only fast bowler with power, so that's why we only took one. And even with our fms, Dabare only popped to excep tech on Thursday, and only has a $14k wage.

We don't have the players, but we have the manager.

Also, coulda woulda shoulda, but you didn't. I've accepted your 32 excuses in the 32 club friendlies I've beaten you in, no excuses there mate, Lanka won, Scots lost :)
You realise you outrated me by at least 10k in 25 of those matches? I'm happy to play you when I'm within 10k of you ratings wise.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:44:08 PM
You've got the manager? See you next time in Div 3.  :P If you're so good you should've smashed us.
You have players more suited to the conditions, you just admitted it by saying you took 3 fasties... Unless they were spec/spec with no power, in which case my earlier point of shower manager becomes true.

We did smash you. You made us bat for 48.1 overs, if we got those remaining 11 balls we were going to score 40 runs, then it would've been a comfortable win.

Wrist spinner not suited? So Meerasahib's 12 wickets in 3 matches wasn't good was it? Every player is useful if you know how to use them Torp, I thought you'd have figured this out seeing as you've been in charge for so long
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:40:50 PM
Quote from: The BeDazzler on October 25, 2014, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 08:21:09 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 25, 2014, 07:31:27 PM
If only that was true Torpy :P. But nice he cracked 50 wickets from his 27 games (given was tough to get into the side until late 20s). Would sell but want to retire him in a few seasons :).
I'm not even joking HP. At his height he was WC/WC with Elite Endo, WC power and Outs fielding along with. Outs Captaincy and Leg XP.

easily the best Seam bowler in the world. Only players I could see competing are Denzel Washington, Outs/Exc/Exc WS AR with Outsanding everything else except Leg XP.

Best pure bowler.

not saying he is not good player
but the fact he has not played that much Nats kinda proves his was not exactly the absolute best :P
Him not playing as much NATs doesn't have much to do with his quality. Australia are a top nation  and he played for a good 3 seasons for them. Find me a better pure bowler than Morgan.

kaden musa for UAE was a beastly Finger spinner
leading wicket taker for UAE

83 matches with 143 wickets

cannot remember he was at least WC/WC (but pretty sure he got either to elite/elite or WC/elite)
before it was common place for players to be beastly (i.e he was miles ahead in terms of that pure bowling skill)

retired at 33 and was still spec/spec with accom field and power plus outs endo

Torpedo10

Quote from: The BeDazzler on October 25, 2014, 08:56:28 PM
If only that was true Torpy :P. But nice he cracked 50 wickets from his 27 games (given was tough to get into the side until late 20s). Would sell but want to retire him in a few seasons :).
I'm not even joking HP. At his height he was WC/WC with Elite Endo, WC power and Outs fielding along with. Outs Captaincy and Leg XP.

easily the best Seam bowler in the world. Only players I could see competing are Denzel Washington, Outs/Exc/Exc WS AR with Outsanding everything else except Leg XP.

Best pure bowler.

but the fact he has not played that much Nats kinda proves his was not exactly the absolute best :P
Him not playing as much NATs doesn't have much to do with his quality. Australia are a top nation  and he played for a good 3 seasons for them. Find me a better pure bowler than Morgan.

cannot remember he was at least WC/WC (but pretty sure he got either to elite/elite or WC/elite)
before it was common place for players to be beastly (i.e he was miles ahead in terms of that pure bowling skill)

That's pretty nice but I'd take Morgan over an Elite/Elite FS personally. Inverarity was Elite/Elite at his peak and as destructive as he was on Spjn pitches was all but useless on Greens, Unevens, Hards. We also had a Scottish beast, Glenn Rogers who made Elite/WC. Was a pretty nice FS and only decent on spin decks.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 08:49:31 PM
You have players more suited to the conditions, you just admitted it by saying you took 3 fasties... Unless they were spec/spec with no power, in which case my earlier point of shower manager becomes true.

We did smash you. You made us bat for 48.1 overs, if we got those remaining 11 balls we were going to score 40 runs, then it would've been a comfortable win.

Wrist spinner not suited? So Meerasahib's 12 wickets in 3 matches wasn't good was it? Every player is useful if you know how to use them Torp, I thought you'd have figured this out seeing as you've been in charge for so long
You took 3 FMs though! I would've taken your combo over mine, I do understand that but the difference is Lindsay's Endo is very poor. Meerasahib looks to be a much more developed player.

There's no way you would've scored 40 runs in those next 11 balls, your Number 11 could've been out next ball.

DazBurg

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 09:06:06 PM
Quote from: The BeDazzler on October 25, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

Best pure bowler.

That's pretty nice but I'd take Morgan over an Elite/Elite FS personally. Inverarity was Elite/Elite at his peak and as destructive as he was on Spjn pitches was all but useless on Greens, Unevens, Hards. We also had a Scottish beast, Glenn Rogers who made Elite/WC. Was a pretty nice FS and only decent on spin decks.
maybe but from what i remember of Musa (as his been gone for a long time now)

he tore up no matter what he was just that good (as i said at that time he was that high when alot of others were no where near that high)

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

You took 3 FMs though! I would've taken your combo over mine, I do understand that but the difference is Lindsay's Endo is very poor. Meerasahib looks to be a much more developed player.

There's no way you would've scored 40 runs in those next 11 balls, your Number 11 could've been out next ball.
Wait, you were complementing the 3 fms? Have you got no fms?

The last bit was a joke...
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2014, 09:26:03 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 25, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

Wait, you were complementing the 3 fms? Have you got no fms?

The last bit was a joke...
Mongoose is our only real NAT standard FM which is depressing. We've got another one with Excep power and Excep Prims but Expert Endo and Accomplished Fielding along with Outstanding Experience.

BratPack

Marc Bruin debuted for the Netherlands today  ;D Got his first wicket too

Hellopplz

Best pure bowler.

Same reason he didn't play U19, some guys were better than him secondary/relevant talent wise in his age bracket :(. Harrison was a beast but I've seen better than him :-X. Given he is a handy FM to have!

Quote from: AFEV on October 25, 2014, 08:15:01 PM
What ever happened to the man in his shadow, Currie?
Never lived up to expectations on the Nat scene. 10 OD games (at a respectable 32.89 average with two half centuries) and 6 T20 games at an average of 55! (Given he was n.o. in 3 of the matches haha). Still a handy club bat but always lived in Harrison's shadow besides when he made his debut at the U19 WC for New Zealand :').

Seems so long ago Alex, they're both 31 these days :-X. I can feel they'll walk off together into retirement in 2-3 seasons time.

Hellopplz

Quote from: BratPack on October 25, 2014, 11:06:11 PM
Let the reign of Bruin begin ;). FF Youth pull Nats!

BratPack

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 26, 2014, 12:56:25 AM

Still only 24 too. Which tells you all you need to know about the Netherlands NAT FS stocks  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: BratPack on October 26, 2014, 02:24:32 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 26, 2014, 12:56:25 AM

Still only 24 too. Which tells you all you need to know about the Netherlands NAT FS stocks  :P

what does he look like these days?

and what is your 18 year old UAE beast looking like the guy named Muttalib?

BratPack

Bruin: Exceptional Bowling. Exceptional Tech (Although I think he should be about 2/3's to WC Tech), Spectacular Fielding, World Class Experience, only Accomplished End though, but since he doesn't need power once he pops in tech I'll just Fitness whore him. Like I said, Netherlands just don't have a FS hence they're reaching down to Bruin.

Muttalib: Cap/Reli/Reli AR with Reasonable Fielding, Average Endo and Reasonable Exp at 18