Main Menu

From the Pavilion

Started by reesbr, April 09, 2010, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: PowerBug on July 18, 2014, 03:26:34 PM
Bank Balance: -$5,742

Well this is a first, I'll head into the finance update with a negative bank balance for the first ever time. I hope that these purchases this season will be worth it and I don't relegate. :\

Wont you sell/fire players automatically if you are in negative balance?

Nails

Quote from: valkorum on July 18, 2014, 04:20:43 PM

Well this is a first, I'll head into the finance update with a negative bank balance for the first ever time. I hope that these purchases this season will be worth it and I don't relegate. :\

Only if in a negative balance for 4 consecutive weeks. I've got to sell a couple players or I'm going to end up in debt again. I just sold like all my old players and then bought 2 more old players this week because I want to win my game today

IDK wtf I'm doing :'(

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on July 18, 2014, 04:20:43 PM

If I'm in a negative balance for 4 straight weeks my highest waged player (currently Guarnere) will be automatically placed on the market. I should be back into positives next week with Guarnere going on tour and another home SOD match. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

I don't know how you guys keep going into debt, I've bought 6 guys this season and still have almost 1.3 million

AFEV

Quote from: BratPack on July 19, 2014, 11:39:42 AM
I don't know how you guys keep going into debt, I've bought 6 guys this season and still have almost 1.3 million
Nails thinks that it's healthy to have multiple backups with 15k+ wages.
PB has a 20 man squad when he's not in the PC.

Issue for both is wages.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2014, 12:42:18 PM

Issue for both is wages.

It works. 2nd in div 1 only behind a guy who rates 270K. When others have NAT week issues I just pull out the same ratings.

TBH I had cut my side down to 15 players but for some reason I couldn't help myself buying 2 30yos. One is to replace my 31yo keeper though.

TBH it's not really about 15K back ups. I have 1 25yo medium for the future when others retire, my 24yo keeper beast in training, then just extra bowlers for added variety to enable me to play on any pitch.

BratPack

To be fair that's what I've been doing too. I've bought 3 20yo's, a 21yo and 3 16yos so far this season, I'm going to build them up for a couple of years to replace Zia and Harms

My 20yo bat Owens is starting to look like a steal already, 46k and he's already popped in Batting and Tech this season. plus he already has capable fielding

By the way Torp, if my old boy Cunningham stays low he's coming back home  :P

Nails

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2014, 12:42:18 PM

Issue for both is wages.
I obviously am going to defend myself here.

My team is so weak compared to the others in Div 1, quite frankly, my ratings stack up to a mid table Div 2 side at best, I've been relying on freakish wins to keep me up. So I had about 700k on me, I went out and bought two players. Remember I was only a wicket away from earning another $100k+ from a Rd 6 PC appearance.

If the next two weeks go right, I'll be out of debt, and I'll be sitting in a solid position in SOD (winnable game next week), I'll be top in YOD and on track for Div 1 promotion, and I'll find myself top of T20 also on track for Div 1. :)

Quote from: Nails on July 19, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
Just found PB's dream player:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=978280
Inly going for that price! I should jump on. ;)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

BratPack

Torpedo10

Quote from: BratPack on July 19, 2014, 03:32:42 PM
To be fair that's what I've been doing too. I've bought 3 20yo's, a 21yo and 3 16yos so far this season, I'm going to build them up for a couple of years to replace Zia and Harms

My 20yo bat Owens is starting to look like a steal already, 46k and he's already popped in Batting and Tech this season. plus he already has capable fielding

By the way Torp, if my old boy Cunningham stays low he's coming back home  :P
Nah BP, I need the batsmen.  :P

CrowsFan

Played a youth friendly last night...

Mero Aces    Billy Goats CC
Batting - Top Order    7,484    8,116
Batting - Middle Order    6,319    7,442
Batting - Tail    3,983    4,572
Bowling - Seam    7,041 (16)    7,157 (24)
Bowling - Spin    7,874 (24)    7,867 (16)
Fielding/Keeping    7,287    8,621
Overall    126,731    139,017

Check out those ratings! :o

CrowsFan

So some guy who joined today just challenged me to a youth friendly on a flat pitch. Really hope I get to bat first...

CrowsFan

To continue the talking to myself...

The guy chose to bowl first! Which meant I went on and posted my record high youth score (fairly sure others have scored more though). Finished with this...

G. Foot (rfs) 8-0-105-0, E. Leopard 21 (6b), J. Serval 21 (10b)
End of over 40 (23 runs) - Billy Goats CC(423-3) RR 10.58

Tiger top scored with 195, followed by Cougar with 167!

Justin Bieber

I expected more from your beasts HB. Should give them a whipping at training ;).